Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    137

    Packers win, Vikings lose, Packers win division title?

    If the Packers win and we lose on Sunday, does the Packers win the division title?
    0fc1de3e4ff7ffe42e40bba70cebd90c

  2. #2
    TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,308

    Packers win, Vikings lose, Packers win division title?

    no, i believe it would still come down to next sundays game. they would be two up with two to play so they couldnt claim that spot yet.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,160

    Packers win, Vikings lose, Packers win division title?

    If they win and we lose, I think they would have to lose their final two games and we would have to win the last two and we would still take the North. Someone correct me if im wrong

    Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

  4. #4
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,462

    Packers win, Vikings lose, Packers win division title?

    If we can't beat the Lions we will not win the division because we won't beat the Pack or probably Washington either. This is really a must win game for the Vikes. If we can't beat the Lions we really have no business being in the playoffs. IMO

    Go Vikes Show us what you are made of.

    WWBGD

  5. #5
    VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,433

    Packers win, Vikings lose, Packers win division title?

    If the Vikings lose and the Packers win then the Packers would need to win on C-eve to clinch. They can't clinch the division this week.

    I know the Lions suck, but the Packers almost lost to them theirselves. It's a division game and no division game is going to be easy nor should it be assumed you're a bad team if you lose one, no matter who it's against, and especially in the NFC North Division.

    We will beat the Packers. I mean, we were 1 or 2 bad clock management calls by Tice away from wining that game. And that was on their turf and without our best player - Moss who usually tears them up. I don't expect us to blow them out, but I expect a win.

    I think what will end up happening is the same thing as last year. If the Vikings beat Detroit and the pack then they will control their destiny all they'll have to do is beat a porous Redskins team who is already eliminated - ala a porous Cardinals Team a year ago. We'll still make the playoffs regardless, but Washington is the only team I'm worried about.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

  6. #6
    JWalkRulz84 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    122

    Packers win, Vikings lose, Packers win division title?

    If the Pack Wins, they become 9-5
    If the Vikes lose, they become 7-7

    Giving the Packers a 2 game lead overall, as well as a 2 game lead in the division. On ESPN, it say if this scenario happens, the Pack clinches the division. I dont see how the Pack doesnt win the division if this scenario happens, even if they lose their final 2 games, it would come down to the final tie breaker which is conference record, making the Pack champs.
    [img:ebda3835f6]http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/insider/wallpaper/111504/walk640.jpg[/img:ebda3835f6]

  7. #7
    scorptile's Avatar
    scorptile is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    213

    Packers win, Vikings lose, Packers win division title?

    "VikemanX84" wrote:
    We will beat the Packers. I mean, we were 1 or 2 bad clock management calls by Tice away from wining that game. And that was on their turf and without our best player
    yeah with bad clock management the lions almost beat the vikings as well on their own turf...just a little info on my part... :rr:
    proud fan of the SB XLI champions.

  8. #8
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Packers win, Vikings lose, Packers win division title?

    "JWalkRulz84" wrote:
    If the Pack Wins, they become 9-5
    If the Vikes lose, they become 7-7

    Giving the Packers a 2 game lead overall, as well as a 2 game lead in the division. On ESPN, it say if this scenario happens, the Pack clinches the division. I dont see how the Pack doesnt win the division if this scenario happens, even if they lose their final 2 games, it would come down to the final tie breaker which is conference record, making the Pack champs.
    Actually, if we lose today, and Green Bay wins, we can STILL take the Division if we win out, and Green Bay loses the next 2. Our Head-to-Head and Division records would be even, and our tie-breaker would be the Tennessee game (Common Opponents - We won, they lost).

    However, is that LIKELY? Not really. Green Bay isn't the great team their fans think they are, but they don't suck donkey balls either. The likelyhood of them losing to us and Chicago - back-to-back - isn't great. Chicago isn't that strong, and Urlacher is out again (The putz wasted all his best effort last weekend...go figure).

    We need to win out. Provided we do that, the Division is ours.

    Caine

  9. #9
    Eyesore is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    349

    Packers win, Vikings lose, Packers win division title?

    "Caine" wrote:
    "JWalkRulz84" wrote:
    If the Pack Wins, they become 9-5
    If the Vikes lose, they become 7-7

    Giving the Packers a 2 game lead overall, as well as a 2 game lead in the division. On ESPN, it say if this scenario happens, the Pack clinches the division. I dont see how the Pack doesnt win the division if this scenario happens, even if they lose their final 2 games, it would come down to the final tie breaker which is conference record, making the Pack champs.
    Actually, if we lose today, and Green Bay wins, we can STILL take the Division if we win out, and Green Bay loses the next 2. Our Head-to-Head and Division records would be even, and our tie-breaker would be the Tennessee game (Common Opponents - We won, they lost).

    However, is that LIKELY? Not really. Green Bay isn't the great team their fans think they are, but they don't suck donkey balls either. The likelyhood of them losing to us and Chicago - back-to-back - isn't great. Chicago isn't that strong, and Urlacher is out again (The putz wasted all his best effort last weekend...go figure).

    We need to win out. Provided we do that, the Division is ours.

    Caine

    Caine is correct on all accounts.
    Please do not read this. For office use only.

  10. #10
    packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    660

    Packers win, Vikings lose, Packers win division title?

    Excapt the last one... if the Vikes win out, they dont necessarily win the division because of his/her earlier line about the Pack not losing to Chicago...
    3 Straight Division Champs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Packers take another hit, lose Henderson
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-24-2006, 09:38 AM
  2. Packers lose again
    By COJOMAY in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-12-2005, 09:03 PM
  3. Packers lose to Chicago LOL!!!!!
    By purpleFavreEaters in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 09-21-2004, 11:04 AM
  4. PACKERS LOSE!
    By billvike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-14-2003, 11:45 AM
  5. Vikings lose to Packers at home
    By krijgerm in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 02:55 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •