Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Ihatevikings is offline Training Camp

Packers vs vikings predictions (one of the last ones of these posts)

Okay so this is a REALLY in depth veiw at both teams to predict:

Running game- Both have VERY good running backs but which one will win? Ryan grant started his first game in the 8th week of last year and had the best yards for a running back in the last half of the season.......but on the other hand AD is more proven while grant is a little unproven........AD is injury prone dont forget and will have to stay healthy for the vikings to have a shot at the playoffs.
    As much as i want to say grant i have to say AD he is just really simply more proven. but ill be keeping my eye on this battle.

Passing game- Two young qbs both have potential to be good not great but good enough for a superbowl run.....but is it to soon? Jackson Is formidable enough to be starter but is he really good enough to be a good Qb? A-rod is largely unproven but put up some impressive number during the preseason and previous regular season games but will he choke? Speaking from watching Rodgers i have to say Rodgers is ready and so is jackson but i just dont think jackson is good enough. not saying A-rod is exactly great but oh well.
    I give the edge to Rodgers for his looks when he did play but i like this one two so watch out for both guys to look to make a splash.

O-line- Packers we didnt do great in preseason but we will pull it together. Tauscher has been known to be a excellent leader and we also got Scotty wells and Chad clifton

D-line- Lol silly silly question. Vikings..........lol that one always makes me laugh lol. Yeah give it to the Vikings.

Receivers- Packers have alotta good receivers and our fabulous 5 will use all our recevier speed to beat the cornerbacks and safties. Give it to the packers. (even i think the vikings have good receivers added with berrian also though.)

Tight end- I dont really know much about the viking tight ends though so ill give this one a tie.

Corners- Packers are aging but for this year at least we should be alright Vikings have average cornerbacks.

Saftey- Packers have nothing special and Vikings have nothing special anymore so tie......you know what? I like atoine winfeild so give it to the vikings.

Linebackers- Lol this ones a laugher to. Give it to the packers lol.

Special teams-Packers have to many wepons so packers.

Okay so yeah how do think my breakdown was? I tryed to be as neutral as possible (even though i am a packers fan) and what did i get right and what did i get wrong? Please tell me that in your post. Ok? Thanks
    appreciate it.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Packers vs vikings predictions (one of the last ones of these posts)

Vikings 24

Packers 17

vikings 14

Packers 10

No matter how bad my life gets at least I m not a Packer fan.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Good thread.

Vikes:
    Pack:

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Saftey- Packers have nothing special and Vikings have nothing special anymore so tie......you know what? I like atoine winfeild so give it to the vikings.
    Winfield is not a safety.

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

"Ihatevikings" wrote:

Running game- Both have VERY good running backs but which one will win? Ryan grant started his first game in the 8th week of last year and had the best yards for a running back in the last half of the season.......but on the other hand AD is more proven while grant is a little unproven........AD is injury prone dont forget and will have to stay healthy for the vikings to have a shot at the playoffs.
    As much as i want to say grant i have to say AD he is just really simply more proven. but ill be keeping my eye on this battle.

Passing game- Two young qbs both have potential to be good not great but good enough for a superbowl run.....but is it to soon? Jackson Is formidable enough to be starter but is he really good enough to be a good Qb? A-rod is largely unproven but put up some impressive number during the preseason and previous regular season games but will he choke? Speaking from watching Rodgers i have to say Rodgers is ready and so is jackson but i just dont think jackson is good enough. not saying A-rod is exactly great but oh well.
    I give the edge to Rodgers for his looks when he did play but i like this one two so watch out for both guys to look to make a splash.

O-line- Packers we didnt do great in preseason but we will pull it together. Tauscher has been known to be a excellent leader and we also got Scotty wells and Chad clifton

D-line- Lol silly silly question. Vikings..........lol that one always makes me laugh lol. Yeah give it to the Vikings.

Receivers- Packers have alotta good receivers and our fabulous 5 will use all our recevier speed to beat the cornerbacks and safties. Give it to the packers. (even i think the vikings have good receivers added with berrian also though.)

Tight end- I dont really know much about the viking tight ends though so ill give this one a tie.

Corners- Packers are aging but for this year at least we should be alright Vikings have average cornerbacks.

Linebackers- Lol this ones a laugher to. Give it to the packers lol.

Special teams-Packers have to many wepons so packers.

Okay so yeah how do think my breakdown was? I tryed to be as neutral as possible (even though i am a packers fan) and what did i get right and what did i get wrong? Please tell me that in your post. Ok? Thanks
    appreciate it.

Passing game... Even though make somewhat a good point Tarvaris has more games started and more experience then Rodgers. Tarvaris and Rodgers are injury prone. This should be a tie, with a slight edge to the experience (if you can call it experience )

Linebackers... I don't think you are giving our linebackers enough credit. Yes, Barnett and Hawk are good, but Henderson, Leber and Greenway are beasts.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"Ihatevikings" wrote:
    ....AD is injury prone dont forget and will have to stay healthy for the vikings to have a shot at the playoffs.
    ?????
    AD has played one year in the NFL.
    You are calling him injury prone???
    WTF???

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

"vikingivan" wrote:
    "Ihatevikings" wrote:
    ....AD is injury prone dont forget and will have to stay healthy for the vikings to have a shot at the playoffs.
    ?????
    AD has played one year in the NFL.
    You are calling him injury prone???
    WTF???
    Plus even Emmitt Smith and Marshal Faulk said any Running Back would have been injured by how Harris hit him. I would love to see AD knock out Harris... Payback time baby

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

What I would like to see:

Vikings 58
    Packers 3

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

OK, so this is how "Ihatevikings" believe it is:

Runningbacks - AD

Quarterbacks - Packers

O-line - Packers

D-line - Vikings

Receivers - Packers

Tight ends - tie

Corners -
    ??? (you didn't really say who's best)

Safeties - Vikings

Linebackers - Packers

Special teams - Packers

I agree an a few of them, but I didn't like that you make it seem like Green Bay has waaay better linebackers than Minny. I think we have very good linebackers and as a matter of fact. I think our linebackers will be better than yours this season. Hawk and Greenway are almost equally good and so is EJ and Barnett. I don't know much about the Packers' LOLB, but Leber is pretty solid (he's very underated)

Also, it sounds like you believe there is also almost a tie between the runningbacks. I think not! Adrian is soooo much better than Ryan. Hell! even our 2nd stringer might be around Ryan's level, Chester Taylor.
    The Vikings' running game is much better than the Packers, not only because of the two fenomenal RBs we have, but also because we have one of the best run blockers in the NFL.

Now... I'll move to the honest (and humble) part. I think the Packs have the best tight end and cornerback duo.

PS: At safeties, you said: "Packers have nothing special and Vikings have nothing special anymore so tie......you know what? I like atoine winfeild so give it to the vikings"
    Winfield is a CB!!!
    :

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast