Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by vikesrgreat2 View Post

By the way, why is Adrian Peterson running the football so seldom??? Only 13 rushes last night???
    Is he injured more than we know? That is completely ridiculous in my opinion. Who's making that decision???
    He only carried it 13 times last week as well. That should tell us all something about game planning by the coach's. It just the same ol shit week after week. What is the saying? "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome."

WWBGD

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    AD only 36 carries in our last 3 games. Hard to stick to the run game when you're getting blown out but it's not like AD has been tearing up defenses this year.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Who were the knuckleheads in coverage on the 3rd and forever the Packers converted when their receiver caught it on the ground and got up and made the first while our guys stood around with their fingers in? Signature fail for this year's defense.

That would be Chris Cook you see standing around watching.

So that's what Ponder looks like when he's fighting for his job? I'm so glad we wasted the last 2 seasons not having a QB competition and figuring this out a lot sooner. But LMFAO @ Ponder for saying, "I'm starting and I don't plan on giving the job back". WOW! He really played like he wanted it didn't he? He possibly looked more scared last night than he has in any of his career starts.

And I think by starting him we possibly ruined any chance of trading him for anything of value.

Chazz is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by vikesrgreat2 View Post

By the way, why is Adrian Peterson running the football so seldom??? Only 13 rushes last night???
    Is he injured more than we know? That is completely ridiculous in my opinion. Who's making that decision???
    Can't run the ball when your defense gives up every third down and lets them go down and score TD's at will.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    So that's what Ponder looks like when he's fighting for his job? I'm so glad we wasted the last 2 seasons not having a QB competition and figuring this out a lot sooner. But LMFAO @ Ponder for saying, "I'm starting and I don't plan on giving the job back". WOW! He really played like he wanted it didn't he? He possibly looked more scared last night than he has in any of his career starts.

And I think by starting him we possibly ruined any chance of trading him for anything of value.
    Post of the month.

When I joined this board back in 2008, I swear every post game thread reached 20 pages or more. 3 pages? Even the fans are putting on an embarrassing display this year lol. And is it just me or do the "positive" fans disappear more quickly than anyone else during bad seasons like this? I guess being positive doesn't necessarily translate into being loyal.

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni

Packers vs. Vikings post-game discussion

I think most of us simply don't know where to start our rants. QB ineptitude is the easy target. But, OLine play has sucked, which, impacts all aspects of the offense. The guard position must be improved, it appears to have caught up to the Vikes this year. Felton's suspension to start the season didn't help either. AD doesn't get the ball, Patterson doesn't see the field, and, too many drops by all. Are Jennings and Wright nonexistent, or, are they there but shitty OLine and QB play render them virtually invisible.

Defense, Line, Linebackers, and DBs, have ALL sucked. No pass rush, missed tackles, blown coverages, no coverage, and they cannot get off the field. All of this leads to either long touchdowns, or death by allowing long drives. If they continue the 4-3, they need SIGNIFICANT DT and MLB upgrades.

A couple of tweaks won't turn this around. A few tweaks with better play by existing players might, but, that's apparently too much for us to ask.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    I think most of us simply don't know where to start our rants. QB ineptitude is the easy target. But, OLine play has sucked, which, impacts all aspects of the offense. The guard position must be improved, it appears to have caught up to the Vikes this year. Felton's suspension to start the season didn't help either. AD doesn't get the ball, Patterson doesn't see the field, and, too many drops by all. Are Jennings and Wright nonexistent, or, are they there but shitty OLine and QB play render them virtually invisible.

Defense, Line, Linebackers, and DBs, have ALL sucked. No pass rush, missed tackles, blown coverages, no coverage, and they cannot get off the field. All of this leads to either long touchdowns, or death by allowing long drives. If they continue the 4-3, they need SIGNIFICANT DT and MLB upgrades.

A couple of tweaks won't turn this around. A few tweaks with better play by existing players might, but, that's apparently too much for us to ask.
    Well said. Last year was a mirage courtesy of AP. He masked weaknesses across the board.
    Many sad seasons for us long term Vikings fans. This is just one more.
    Lots of good and exciting seasons in the past as well.
    All I ever want to see is a team good enough to have at least a remote chance of winning it all.
    Seems to happen about every decade or so. But hope is on hiatus this year, for sure.
    I've concluded I'm a colossal idiot for sticking with the Vikings as long as I have, but I'm sticking with them.
    I'm pissed off and critical these days instead of young and optimistic. But I shall remain a Vikings fan.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast