Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    green hornet is offline Starter

Re: Packers Vikings - Week 8

"VikingLance" wrote:
    Is it just me, or do the weeks seem longer this season.
    This loss just makes me hungry for Sunday afternoon.
    I can't think of a better team to take our frustrations out on than the pukers.
    While the Ravens win had us questioning this teams defense, the Steelers loss, in my mind, eased those questions.
    We can play solid D w/o AW.
    Yeah, we miss him, but we know the backups can step it up.
    We can contain aaron rodgers, and hopefully keep the pressure that we brought in week 4 rolling.
    After playing in a very hostile environment last week, (and suffering a few false start penalties due to it) there shouldn't be any surprises going into this hostile environment.

This is a huge game, not only because we can sweep the pukers, but because a win brings us that much closer to NFC North champs.
    Going into the bye 7-1, is going to be sweet.
    Hurry up Sunday, I can't wait

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!
    Are the vikes going to contain Rodgers for under 370 yards passing this game. I need to know if I should start the vikings D this week or Balt D in fantasy football. I started the vikes last time against the pack and they killed me with all those yards allowed.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"green" wrote:
    "VikingLance" wrote:
    While the Ravens win had us questioning this teams defense, the Steelers loss, in my mind, eased those questions.
    We can contain aaron rodgers, and hopefully keep the pressure that we brought in week 4 rolling.
    After playing in a very hostile environment last week, (and suffering a few false start penalties due to it) there shouldn't be any surprises going into this hostile environment.

This is a huge game, not only because we can sweep the pukers, but because a win brings us that much closer to NFC North champs.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!
    Are the vikes going to contain Rodgers for under 370 yards passing this game. I need to know if I should start the vikings D this week or Balt D in fantasy football. I started the vikes last time against the pack and they killed me with all those yards allowed.
    They don't give out playoff berths based upon yards allowed, junior.

Who got the W in that game?
    All.
    That.
    Matters.

Now - go back to whatever Packer forum you haunt and play with the rest of the kiddies.
    This is adult swim here.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"green" wrote:
    "VikingLance" wrote:

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!
    The 8 sacks, interception, and forced fumble, should have more than made up for the yards(besides most leagues don't have points for yards allowed). Baltimore does have a good defense too, holding the Vikings to 33 points is proof of that.

molineviking is offline Asst. Coach

I am worried about the absence of Winfield, We gave up too many 10yd+ passes in the last game-with him, Especially in the 4th qt. If our D-line plays like it did last time, and hurries Rodgers, hopefully we've remedied some of the passing problem, We can take it. There's no way AP is gonna avg 2.2 yds an attempt again, With Harvin, Shiancoe, Rice, it seems like we've got plenty of options to keep them from stacking the box (Tired of that phrase) And by the way, where has Lewis been? 5 receptions total, Seems like we're wasting him.

Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

"green" wrote:
    "VikingLance" wrote:

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!
    Are you a natural douche, or do you take special training to be so good at it?
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "green" wrote:
    Favre had your fans torn apart too. It wasnt that long ago that I believe Webby was ripping favre apart. All you have now are a bunch of band wagon members. At least that will fill some of the seats at the dome.
    Grow up. Do you ever contribute anything of value to this site? All you do is TRY to sell tickets and insult the fans of the Vikings. Go to hell.
    I sort of agree with him.

[size=10pt]Many [/size] people who said Favre won't last the season have already jumped on the Favre bandwagon... myself included.

Well, we're headed into the second half of the season and last week's lost can plainly rest on his shoulders... so it's not looking too good.

Let's see if he continues his usual late-season downward spiral.
    Good use of the word "Many".
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Well, we're headed into the second half of the season and last week's lost can plainly rest on his shoulders... so it's not looking too good.
    That's as silly as saying "The win over the Ravens can rest solely on his arm".

=Z=
    Look at it how you will... his fumble was returned for a TD and his INT was returned for a TD.
    When he lights it up this Sunday, will you shut up?
    :P I agree Favre and his INT and fumble hurt us pretty bad but the play calling in the red zone and refs hurt more IMO. [size=10pt]Favre can't be perfect all the time[/size]. Overall, Favre is exceeding even my expectations.
    I just fell out of my chair.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"LadyViking10" wrote:
    I think all that really matters is that Favre gives me a lady boner.
    Wow, didn't see that one coming (excuse the pun).

Welcome to the site.
    Go introduce yourself in the Free Beer forumn.
    Not sure about everyone else, but I know I can't wait.
    ;D

"molineviking" wrote:

If Clifton's still out this week, How will they remedy the Jared Allen train that bulled through for 4.5 sacks? Not to mention the 8 sacks total for us, I agree this game will be closer but I didn't think we were running on all cylinders the last game, Rice only had 5 receptions, and I'm looking for AP to better his 55yd total. Winfield out will hurt, we did get eaten up by their TE and with short passes in general.
    Whinny being out last week didn't hurt and that was against the leagues leading reciever if I'm not mistake.
    :

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

^^against the number 2 passing attack for sure.
    Big Ben didn't even hit 200 yards.
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast