Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,889
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Packers will do what every team does against the Vikings, stack the box, stop the run, get the lead, and make the QB pass. It's a simple formula that works.
    So now we shall see if Ponder can complete enough passes to keep the offense on the field for awhile. If so, the Vikes have a chance.
    Capers vs Musgrave doesn't give me a lot of confidence though.
    Yup, just as simple as that.

  2. #22
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2
    Just sayin... Tjs first start was vs the packers as well. hopefully this career goes better

  3. #23
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Again I ask the most basic of questions.....

    Why do you think they will bring some sort of "New" blitz package to the table that they haven't been able to do all year.

    In the end, the PUKERS suck against the pass. I hope like hell they are really working hard on correcting that cause it will take away from their efforts of getting ready to stop AD, which, by the way, is their defenses only strenght and I think that is skewed a bit cause teams are always trying to pass on them.
    Quit stuffing new words into what I said. I didn't say they would invent new blitz packages.

    They will come with a lot more blitz packages, than they would if McNabb was in there. the word "exotic" is one I used from quoting another poster, meaning they'll come at him with defensive looks he may not easily recognize, there by trying to confuse him.

    What's next? People trying to tell me that teams would prepare the same game plan against us if Lorenzo Booker was going to get the start instead of AD?
    Last edited by singersp; 10-22-2011 at 10:19 AM.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #24
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    Huh? You don't think the world champions under Caper's schemes practice exotic blitzes every week? ? Ya, because they normally wouldn't practice exotic blitzes unless they know they are playing against a first time starter rookie? Are you kidding me?

    Not only that, but most people with half a brain could see after Donny got pulled, he wasn't going back in because he's terrible. Donny was the only one who was surprised and not the Pukers and their defense. Your argument makes absolutely no sense. Sorry man.
    You think teams practice the same against Brady & the Patriots as they do against Tarvaris Jackson & the Seahawks? You are joking right?

    People with half a brain know teams practice their game plan & cater that game plan against that particular opponent.

    Ponder was put in during garbage time, not because they thought he had a chance of winning it.

    That doesn't automatically mean the coach is going to start the rookie kid against the Super Bowl Champions.

    If you felt that people with half a brain knew he was going to start Ponder, I certainly missed your post stating he would start against the Packers before it was announced.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #25
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    If that's the case, they will probably pull tape from high school right? LOL!

    Preseason and college???? What the? Are you kidding ...?
    Umm, yes, preseason & if need be, which I don't think is necessary...college. Do you think a QB's tendencies of what he does automatically changes the day he's drafted? You're kidding right?

    Do you think a QB's tendencies of what he does automatically changes yet again a second time between the last preseason game & 1st game of the regular season? Again LOL!

    Good think your not on the Vikings draft team, because you'd claim to screw everything he did in college & the way he reacts, because he'll change everything about the way he plays 100%, not once, but twice after the day we draft him.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #26
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Just sayin... Tjs first start was vs the packers as well. hopefully this career goes better
    I don't think there will be a down pour of rain in the dome come Sunday.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #27
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I don't think there will be a down pour of rain in the dome come Sunday.
    Troy Williamson won't drop any balls either


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •