singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Packers prepare for rookie Ponder

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Way to tip your hand dumbfuck.

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Way to tip your hand dumbfuck.
    How is that playing your hand? What hand?

Scenario 1- Donny plays- Stack the box/shut down AP, Donny can't beat you, Rodgers does his thing and the Pukes win.

Scenario 2- Rookie Ponder plays- Do what every other team in the history of the league does with rookies-bring pressure/bring exotic blitzes and different formations to confuse qb. Don't allow him to get comfortable and into a rhythm. Done.

How is that tipping your hand? They have no tape to watch of Ponder other than a quarter in a garbage game. It seems quite obvious that both scenarios especially number one will work. We have no deep threat ability. No offense, but the Vikes are one of the easiest teams in the league right now in terms of planning for. Stop AP=win.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Personally, I think it's better that they announced the decision early. They avoided the distractions of a QB controversy, and allowed the team to focus on preparing for the game all week. Plus, right now, the team has to learn to rely on themselves, not media tricks, to help them win games. This sends a pretty clear message that everyone has to step up, and that they can't rely on the hope that the other team will guess wrong. Once the team is playing better, they can try whatever tricks they want to gain an edge, but right now, there are more important things to focus on.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    No kidding.

I bet the Packers staff was shaking in their shit kickers trying to figure out how to stop McChunky and his aerial assault that would have been waged against them.

It is so much easier to prepare for a QB with nearly zero film to study and no tendencies to look out for.

Quote Originally Posted by josdin00 View Post
    Personally, I think it's better that they announced the decision early. They avoided the distractions of a QB controversy, and allowed the team to focus on preparing for the game all week. Plus, right now, the team has to learn to rely on themselves, not media tricks, to help them win games. This sends a pretty clear message that everyone has to step up, and that they can't rely on the hope that the other team will guess wrong. Once the team is playing better, they can try whatever tricks they want to gain an edge, but right now, there are more important things to focus on.
    What controversy? If the team knows who's starting & the rest of the word doesn't, that's not a distraction at all.

Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    How is that playing your hand? What hand?

Scenario 1- Donny plays- Stack the box/shut down AP, Donny can't beat you, Rodgers does his thing and the Pukes win.

Scenario 2- Rookie Ponder plays- Do what every other team in the history of the league does with rookies-bring pressure/bring exotic blitzes and different formations to confuse qb. Don't allow him to get comfortable and into a rhythm. Done.

How is that tipping your hand? They have no tape to watch of Ponder other than a quarter in a garbage game. It seems quite obvious that both scenarios especially number one will work. We have no deep threat ability. No offense, but the Vikes are one of the easiest teams in the league right now in terms of planning for. Stop AP=win.
    Thanx for making my point.

That's exactly the type of plays & formations they'll practice all week to not allow him to get comfortable & in a rythm.

If they think McNabb was going to be the starter, they don't practice bringing exotic blitzes and different formations to try & confuse McNabb.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by josdin00 View Post
    And to think Ole Jos is known soley on here as one hell of an artist.

Hell of a post my friend. Hell of a post indeed.

I think everyone and their brother knew who was gonna start this week, just like everyone knew that we would see him last week if Dnabb skipped a few. Letting the decision out Weds neither hurt nor helped anyone. All it did is create some media drivel for yutz fans to worry about.

My guess, the ole PUKERS are more worried about matching up against Ponder than they are Dnabb. Look a their "Great" defensive stats.....

2nd worst in yards given up via the pass.
    Tied for 22nd with INT's. (4) We have 2
    15th in sacks. (12).

To make that worse, you also have to take into account that the PUKERS are playing in the lead all the time so their defense is predominantly playing pass and still their numbers are low.

Nope, I think we come out throwing to start. Its their weakness. Loosen them up so that we can get AD going against their strength (stopping the run).

Letting out who will be starting only helps that effort as they will be focusing on trying to get ready for the pass instead of just focusing on AD.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Thanx for making my point.

That's exactly the type of plays & formations they'll practice all week to not allow him to get comfortable & in a rythm.

If they think McNabb was going to be the starter, they don't practice bringing exotic blitzes and different formations to try & confuse McNabb.
    But doesn't making Ponder the starter also allow the Vikings to give him more time to practice plays that can exploit those blitzes and formations than he would have gotten if he was practicing with the 2nd string until Friday? Because you know if he was taking all of the 1st team snaps it would have leaked out anyway.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    And to think Ole Jos is known soley on here as one hell of an artist.

Hell of a post my friend. Hell of a post indeed.

I think everyone and their brother knew who was gonna start this week, just like everyone knew that we would see him last week if Dnabb skipped a few. Letting the decision out Weds neither hurt nor helped anyone. All it did is create some media drivel for yutz fans to worry about.

My guess, the ole PUKERS are more worried about matching up against Ponder than they are Dnabb. Look a their "Great" defensive stats.....

2nd worst in yards given up via the pass.
    Tied for 22nd with INT's. (4) We have 2
    15th in sacks. (12).

To make that worse, you also have to take into account that the PUKERS are playing in the lead all the time so their defense is predominantly playing pass and still their numbers are low.

Nope, I think we come out throwing to start. Its their weakness. Loosen them up so that we can get AD going against their strength (stopping the run).

Letting out who will be starting only helps that effort as they will be focusing on trying to get ready for the pass instead of just focusing on AD.
    Those are some very good points Marrdro. Ponder is an unknown, to the Packers and everyone else. I think it'll be harder for them to game plan for him than it would have been had McNabb been the starter.

You just moved up a few notches on my spreadsheet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast