Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    We pissed this one away. Fuck ponder and his awful decision making and fuck musgrave for putting him in those situations.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Wasn't he 5-2 when football was his GF?
    Last edited by singersp; 12-02-2012 at 08:40 PM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    We could have had RG3 if we didn't beat Washington last year, but I doubt we would have drafted him because we already had what we thought was our future QB.
    Fair enough. That's true. However that's arguing ifs. We could've had Drew Brees, what if we would've went and got him. Personally, I like that one better.
    I wasn't really arguing if's, I was saying it's a moot point because we already had Ponder. If we had the #1 pick we wouldn't have drafted Luck or RG3 because we already had what we believed was going to be our franchise guy. I'm glad we never had the #1 pick because I'd hate to think how sick I would be now knowing we passed up 2 real franchise guys to stick with this reach, dare I say bust of a pick named Ponder. Just thinking about the possibility makes me sick.

It still bothers me that we drafted Darrin Nelson ahead of Heisman trophy winner Marcus Allen in the '82 draft.

And Drew Brees was just a gamble that paid off for the Saints, they had nothing to lose. Brees just had major shoulder injury on his throwing arm. An arm that wasn't exactly strong before the injury. We had just gotten rid of Daunte Culpepper, had Brad Johnson, and just drafted a stud by the name of Tarvaris Fox Jackson ... lol ok I can't really make a case here.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jereamiah View Post
    LOL, here's my facebook update..."Pretty much what I expected. AP plays like the monster; Ponder craps on any and all gains made by Peterson. I'll always love the 'Vikes. My only way off this misery train is for the 'Vikes to be sold or relocated. I am now praying for that. That way, i can forget about football, and pick a NASCAR driver, and then watch him lose every Sunday."
    Did you just LOL your own facebook post? Did you like it too?
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Suick is offline Pro-Bowler
    I'd like to take a short break from the Ponder-bashing to say our defense can't stop a high school team on 3rd down. But........... they look like hall-o-famers compared to last year.

Now........... Continue feeding the Christian to the lions
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    From reading these posts, it seems that Ponder is not the most popular player on the team now. After his performance yesterday, that's certainly understandable.

However, it seems to me our current 1-4 slump is more centered on the following:

1. The Vikings' inability to stretch the field at WR. In the offseason, I think it's critical for the Vikings to find a WR with speed and good hands - either through free agency or the draft. If Mike Wallace or Dwayne Bowe is the answer here, then the Vikings can address other needed areas of the team via the draft. Otherwise, WR seems to be a high draft priority.

2. The defense not getting off the field on third down. Remember when the Packers held the ball for the first 11 minutes of the fourth quarter? That backbreaking drive got them the victory. Having Green Bay drive the ball down the Vikings' throats like that is unacceptable in my opinion.

I'm not sure that Ponder is the long-term answer for the Vikings at QB. However, I feel we need to remember that we were 3-13 last year, and we have doubled our last season's win total with 4 games to go! I feel that, if the team panics and replaces the head coaches and/or lots of coaches on the staff, then the Vikings start over again from square one. We're not far from the playoffs now - let's not take a step backward!

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Ponder...not sure I can add anything to what has already been said. A) he has got to improve in a anticipation, decision making, pocket presence, footwork, accuracy, and, basically, learning how to win. Sounds like an understudy to a veteran to me...oh, wait, that was the plan...but, they picked the wrong veteran - McScrubb sucked worse. In all seriousness, I was cautiosly optimistic, I'm no longer there...he simply needs to start showing more progress, or, Spielman better go to Plan B...stat.

WRs: they ALL need to go except Harvin and Wright. Preferrably, sooner rather than later. Aikman, Gannon, Esiason, Steve Young, Trent Dilfer, and Fran Tarkenton have all sounded off that Ponder needs some WR help. Not making excuses for his shortcomings, but, gotta get him some help.

I predicted 6-10 or 7-9 for the record this year. This Team will continue with those types of records until the aforementioned positions are improved demonstrably...yes, an obvious statement, but, apparently the WR position wasn't obvious to some. Perhaps a healthy Simpson all year may have had some impact, but, he simply isn't doing enough now. I do like the level of effort on the defense, Williams has them flying around and they are making more plays certainly than last year. But, the 3rd Down conversions allowed (i.e., 3rd and 12 yesterday) must be improved.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by vikesrgreat2 View Post
    2. The defense not getting off the field on third down. Remember when the Packers held the ball for the first 11 minutes of the fourth quarter? That backbreaking drive got them the victory. Having Green Bay drive the ball down the Vikings' throats like that is unacceptable in my opinion.

I'm not sure that Ponder is the long-term answer for the Vikings at QB. However, I feel we need to remember that we were 3-13 last year, and we have doubled our last season's win total with 4 games to go! I feel that, if the team panics and replaces the head coaches and/or lots of coaches on the staff, then the Vikings start over again from square one. We're not far from the playoffs now - let's not take a step backward!
    I completely disagree with you.
    We are light years from a sustainable playoff team. We have several STARS that need replacing on defense.

Also, i so sick of people blaming the defense for not playing a perfect game. The defense played amazing yesterday and almost won us the game. So GB had 1 long drive and converted some 3rd downs. Lets not forget that this is a damn good GB team with a damn good QB. On the other side of the coin our fucking offense could not move the ball thru the air on a wretched secondary. Even when they put 10 in the box we still couldn't complete a pass...
    Our QB cannot throw. He is late with wide open passes. Wide open and then throws Ints. A WR that can stretch the field is worthless because it will be nothing but a long punt. He is terrible and has a noodle for an arm. Noodle 2.0

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
    Fair enough. That's true. However that's arguing ifs. We could've had Drew Brees, what if we would've went and got him. Personally, I like that one better.
    The Chargers could have kept Brees too. Instead, because he didn't look too good his first two years, they gave up on him and used a high pick to draft another QB. His third year, he looked great.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    And for people to keep making excuses for him they have to believe we have the worst Oline, worst WR corps, and worst offensive coordinator in league history because I've never seen a QB so consistently suck this bad. There were plenty of plays today where he had plenty of time to throw and he still missed badly.
    How quickly we've forgotten McNabb
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast