Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    VikeCane305 is offline Rookie
    Spielman, Frazier, and Musgrave gone now! Take Ponder with you dammit, you guys drafted him. He sucks soooo bad! Why does he remind me of Brooks Bollinger??? Poor Adrian Peterson, I really feel bad for you my brother. We can cancel the Playoffs!
    "AKA" PURPLEPOWERPUNCH

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Forgive me if this one has been posted but it looks as though Dumb Ass Frazier is sticking with Ponder.

Scout.com: Frazier: Ponder will remain Vikings' starter

That just shows how incompetent he really is. He has no emotion on the sidelines, doesn't do the things to get his team riled up, and he never makes adjustments. I am as sick of seeing him on the sidelines as I am at seeing Ponder behind the center. Ponder is not a NFL QB plain and simple. He can read defenses, he can't throw on the run, and he has a weak ass arm. He is not cut out to be a QB in this league.

How ironic is it that the Packers Burnett had as many catches from Ponder today as the Vikings WR's did? Pretty pathetic huh? He has had a QB Rating of under 60 3 out of the last 4 games. If it were not for garbage duty in the 4th quarter, he would have had his 3rd game of the year with under 100 yards passing. Seriously people, this is the starting QB of this team? Are you fucking kidding me? We have to go through this while other 1st and 2nd year QB's are having a far superior season then our 1st rd draft pick of a QB?

I am 34 years old living in the heart of Packer Country right here in Green Bay Wisconsin. I can see Lambeau Field from the window at my office, all of my buddies are Packer fans, I can see and hear the Fighter jets as they are going over Lambeau Field. I can honestly say that I thoroughly embarrassed in being a Viking fan, and completely jealous of the Packer fans. At least their fans have experienced a SB Win. At least their fans can sit back and know that their team does the right things to put them in a position to win.

I have been a fan of this team since I was a 12 year old kid living in West Palm Beach Florida. It was only coincidence that I moved to Wisconsin when I was 13 years old, and have been enduring ridicule year after year for being a Viking fan. I accepted this all when they drafted good players, had one of the best offenses in the league, but one thing was always a constant, they choked in the big games, and never won a championship for their fans. All the while, I have had to witness the Packers do it twice since I moved here almost 22 years ago.

Here is what I hear on a weekly basis from my friends. "Hey man, want to go to lunch at Curly's Pub inside Lambeau today, then after that we can go through the Packers Hall of Fame"

My response, " Sure, they have good food, but why would I want to go through the Hall of Fame when they are all pretty much the same"

Their response, " No, this one is different than the Vikings, this one actually has a SB Trophy on display with a real SB players ring on display as well"

What can I say to that? It would be different if the Vikings won a SB way back in the day, but they haven't won shit. They are the Kings of Choking. The lovable losers. Well I am sick and tired of supporting a team that has no clue how to run things. Like I said before, I have never turned my back on a team that I am a fan of, and would never think about jumping ship, however I am at my wits end, and have never been closer to giving up on a team in my life. I am a Vikings fan for about 23 years, and have been a Atlanta Braves fan for 30 years. I would never turn my back on the Braves, but am very close to giving up on the Vikings. Sick of feeling frustrated every year.

Chazz is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    How is it bullshit? All we had to do was move up 1 spot in the draft.

Washington moved up 4 spots.

Do you really think we could of afforded the price Washington gave up for him with all our glaring holes? Besides you can't argue moving up as being able to get him. It takes two to dance and they need be interested, which we could never know.

Bottom line is he wasn't available at pick 3 therefor we couldn't of had him.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Yeah it just boggles my mind that in 2 "must win" games, we stuck with the struggling project instead of actually trying to go for the win with Webb. I understand we're in a "rebuilding year" but we have a shot at the playoffs NOW! 2 straight weeks we could have taken the division lead with a win but Frazier is too stubborn and thick headed to pull the trigger. At least Chiller had the sense to go with the hot hand when we needed a win.
    Chiller was stubborn I have no idea what Frazier is thinking, I though Ponder should have been sat nearing the end of the Tampa game to try and save his confidence or a least limit some damage to him but no they just roll with what they have, its like Nero watching Rome burn. And why isn't there a coach around Ponder reviewing stills with him after a drive or a pick....

After the Tampa loss it was said they were working on brushing up somethings with Ponder to improve his game but others had to step up.
    Now Frazier wants to start looking for receivers......uhm its too late

Now with the 2 divisional losses, Peterson is the only guy stepping up to cover for the player that the coaches canít fix, its time to sit Ponder heís lost his job due to his performance and if Webb is worse than this why is he on the team, its time to clean out some desks.

Chazz is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    We could have had RG3 if we didn't beat Washington last year, but I doubt we would have drafted him because we already had what we thought was our future QB.

Fair enough. That's true. However that's arguing ifs. We could've had Drew Brees, what if we would've went and got him. Personally, I like that one better.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
    Fair enough. That's true. However that's arguing ifs. We could've had Drew Brees, what if we would've went and got him. Personally, I like that one better.
    No, that's not arguing the ifs.
    The fact remains we beat washington.. and it could have been us. Instead we are stuck with the noodle 2.0

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Forgive me if this one has been posted but it looks as though Dumb Ass Frazier is sticking with Ponder.

Scout.com: Frazier: Ponder will remain Vikings' starter

That just shows how incompetent he really is. He has no emotion on the sidelines, doesn't do the things to get his team riled up, and he never makes adjustments. I am as sick of seeing him on the sidelines as I am at seeing Ponder behind the center. Ponder is not a NFL QB plain and simple. He can read defenses, he can't throw on the run, and he has a weak ass arm. He is not cut out to be a QB in this league.

How ironic is it that the Packers Burnett had as many catches from Ponder today as the Vikings WR's did? Pretty pathetic huh? He has had a QB Rating of under 60 3 out of the last 4 games. If it were not for garbage duty in the 4th quarter, he would have had his 3rd game of the year with under 100 yards passing. Seriously people, this is the starting QB of this team? Are you fucking kidding me? We have to go through this while other 1st and 2nd year QB's are having a far superior season then our 1st rd draft pick of a QB?

I am 34 years old living in the heart of Packer Country right here in Green Bay Wisconsin. I can see Lambeau Field from the window at my office, all of my buddies are Packer fans, I can see and hear the Fighter jets as they are going over Lambeau Field. I can honestly say that I thoroughly embarrassed in being a Viking fan, and completely jealous of the Packer fans. At least their fans have experienced a SB Win. At least their fans can sit back and know that their team does the right things to put them in a position to win.

I have been a fan of this team since I was a 12 year old kid living in West Palm Beach Florida. It was only coincidence that I moved to Wisconsin when I was 13 years old, and have been enduring ridicule year after year for being a Viking fan. I accepted this all when they drafted good players, had one of the best offenses in the league, but one thing was always a constant, they choked in the big games, and never won a championship for their fans. All the while, I have had to witness the Packers do it twice since I moved here almost 22 years ago.

Here is what I hear on a weekly basis from my friends. "Hey man, want to go to lunch at Curly's Pub inside Lambeau today, then after that we can go through the Packers Hall of Fame"

My response, " Sure, they have good food, but why would I want to go through the Hall of Fame when they are all pretty much the same"

Their response, " No, this one is different than the Vikings, this one actually has a SB Trophy on display with a real SB players ring on display as well"

What can I say to that? It would be different if the Vikings won a SB way back in the day, but they haven't won shit. They are the Kings of Choking. The lovable losers. Well I am sick and tired of supporting a team that has no clue how to run things. Like I said before, I have never turned my back on a team that I am a fan of, and would never think about jumping ship, however I am at my wits end, and have never been closer to giving up on a team in my life. I am a Vikings fan for about 23 years, and have been a Atlanta Braves fan for 30 years. I would never turn my back on the Braves, but am very close to giving up on the Vikings. Sick of feeling frustrated every year.

I hear you. I spent 5 years in the heart of Packer country and went through it all plus my Wife is from Wisconsin and is a die hard packer fan as are all of her relatives so I have been through the paces too.

The sad part is this game was the first time I can ever remember where it was Packers week and I just plain didn't care to be honest and it looks to me like the organization and the players were feeling the same way because except for Peterson I didn't see anyone stepping up and making the game personal. It seems like since Wilf took over the rivalry doesn't have the same meaning it used to have. To me the stadium was the only thing they really focused on and the only thing that they were up front and center in the media for and since the stadium was passed, Wilf has been pretty quiet and the team just doesn't seem focused. It is sad to see that the once great rivalry we had is reduced to an emotionless game with the team just going through the motions.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Peterson is the only reason I even watch every Sunday. And I'm tired of hearing about how bad our receivers and OL are. Many teams have similar problems but there are QBs all over the league that show they can play. Ponder cannot play, period. I can't name the receivers some QBs are throwing to. Peyton Manning always seems to be able to throw to guys no one ever heard of. And he's not the only one. We're out of it- try another QB for crying out loud.
    Last edited by purplehelmut; 12-03-2012 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I hear you. I spent 5 years in the heart of Packer country and went through it all plus my Wife is from Wisconsin and is a die hard packer fan as are all of her relatives so I have been through the paces too.

The sad part is this game was the first time I can ever remember where it was Packers week and I just plain didn't care to be honest and it looks to me like the organization and the players were feeling the same way because except for Peterson I didn't see anyone stepping up and making the game personal. It seems like since Wilf took over the rivalry doesn't have the same meaning it used to have. To me the stadium was the only thing they really focused on and the only thing that they were up front and center in the media for and since the stadium was passed, Wilf has been pretty quiet and the team just doesn't seem focused. It is sad to see that the once great rivalry we had is reduced to an emotionless game with the team just going through the motions.
    I felt the same way. Usually I trash talk with my buddies, but i didn't even do that as I knew the Vikings would find a way to blow it. The sad part is, they should have won this game but Ponder screwed it up. Peterson put this team on his back and set them up to win, and our "franchise" qb and 1st rd pick blew it yet again.

I saw 2 instances where the Vikings showed passion today, the first was when Rudolph did the Lambeau Leap, which was priceless, and when AD was bobbing his head after the 82 yard TD run. Other than that, it looks like they felt about as pumped up for Packer week as I did.

Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Peterson is the only reason I even watch every Sunday. And I'm tired of hearing about how bad our receivers and OL is. Many teams have similar problems but there are QBs all over the league that show they can play. Ponder cannot play, period. I can't name the receivers some QBs are throwing to. Peyton Manning always seems to be able to throw to guys no one ever heard of. And he's not the only one. We're out of it- try another QB for crying out loud.
    Look no further than Green Bay. Their OL is about as decimated with injury as a team can get, however Rodgers always finds a way to pull it out. Ponder was drafted at #12 in the 1st rd and Rodgers was drafter at #24 of the 1st rd. Sure Rodgers sat behind Favre for 4 years before he finally started, but Stevie Wonder could see that Ponder would never accomplish was Rodgers has already accomplished, or will accomplish going forward. Ponder is just not NFL material, Rodgers is a true franchise QB.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast