Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Packers post game thread.

An e-mail from my 76 year-old mom...

"Max, I let them do it to me again……. Isn't there another team (preferably one that wins) that we could cheer for? It seems dumb to put up with all this disappointment. Just dumb!

So? Who do we play next?

Love you,

Mom"

This is the life of a Vikings die-hard fan.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

acman1 is offline Rookie
    So when the Vikes had it 1st and 10 around the pack 30-35 on the last drive, why not just kick the field goal there? They only had 2 timeouts left then and could have kicked it and still had the 2 minute warning as a timeout. Plus, if they made it, and somehow got a stop, they could have 4 downs all the way to the end of the game. Instead they ran 3 shit plays and kicked it with 2:04 left. Yes, I realize they missed it, but I don't feel Frazier has any idea about clock management or simple math as evidenced at the end of the last game when they were down by 3 scores and didn't kick the field goal...

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Not at this point in his career. If Ponder is still here 4 years into his career and playing like this I will bet you it is as bad or worse.

You can look me up and prove me wrong if it doesn't happen.

really

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Anyone who says Ponder can't throw after watching the game today, must not have seen him throw this game away.
    But he hasn't had 3 consecutive years of starts to evaluate him so how can you be so quick to judge?

After all it was later in Jackson's career when I said to stick a fork in him and you were all over me about that.
    He is a clipboard holder
    None

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    But he hasn't had 3 consecutive years of starts to evaluate him so how can you be so quick to judge?

After all it was later in Jackson's career when I said to stick a fork in him and you were all over me about that.
    Let's face facts. He's in his second year and has the best running back by far in the NFL. He faces stacked boxes which GOOD qb's salivate over. If he can't succeed with that scenario, he never will. Ponder apologists need to take off the purple shades and look at what this guy is. He's weak armed and can't throw the ball over the middle to small windows. His long ball sails. He may be smart but it's obvious thats in a book and not on a football field. We reached and all the reasons above were why. In college he failed in most every big game he played in against top program. This game was very winnable. Every time Peterson made a big run he negated it with a pick, once inside the 10 after he DROPPED the fuking ball on his drop , and then throws a horrible bonehead pick. He does the same thing after another Peterson run deep in Pecker territory. It's the same receivers he had early in the season minus Harvin that he was completing 70 percent of his passes. The difference is that after the first quarter of the season d coordinators focused in on his weakness which is throwing down field in small windows and anything deeper than 15 yards. Defenses began to take the flats away on him and HE WAS EXPOSED as the weak armed qb he is that cannot Consistently beat you down the field. This talk of the receivers not getting open is hog wash. He hit his biggest target Rudoplh alot today and every single one of them was off target with Rudolph having to make great catches.

After that second horrible pick he should have put in Webb. He can cause real problems for teams when he's inserted in there in relief. Frasier was in a must win situation and he decided to stick with his so called long term plan with Ponder instead of trying to win a must win game with Webb. It was obvious Ponder was overmatched and was not going to bring any team back to win that game. Frasier threw the season away with the Lions and Bears both losing. A win would have put the Vikings one game back in the divison lead and right there for a playoff run. NICE JOB LES. Oh ya PONDER SUCKS.

Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    No QB is going to be successful with our WR corp... I give Ponder one more year when we can get some talent at the WR position next year. I think we need to trade up in the draft to get the top WR if we don't think the one we want is going to fall to us. Ponder definitely needs to improve. Completely unacceptable game by him. Also, is it true that AP got no carries in the 4th and last half of the 3rd? WTF?
    Are you serious? What does the WR corp have to do with late reads
    Forget about Punder we need a QB
    None

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by keystonevike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    AP goes over 200 and we lost? WTF? How often does a team rush for over 200 and lose? And just to put into perspective how inept our passing offense is ... AP has our 6 longest plays from scrimmage this year. They're all runs. That's ridiculous.
    Aikman said near end of game that teams are 46-2 when their RB runs for 200 yds or more. Then he added "Now it looks like they'll be 46-3
    Ha, yeah I just heard in the post game that teams are now 57-3 since 1990 when a player rushes for 200yds. It's just sad how the Vikings always seem to end up on the wrong side of these unusual statistics.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    Let's face facts. He's in his second year and has the best running back by far in the NFL. He faces stacked boxes which GOOD qb's salivate over. If he can't succeed with that scenario, he never will. Ponder apologists need to take off the purple shades and look at what this guy is. He's weak armed and can't throw the ball over the middle to small windows. His long ball sails. He may be smart but it's obvious thats in a book and not on a football field. We reached and all the reasons above were why. In college he failed in most every big game he played in against top program. This game was very winnable. Every time Peterson made a big run he negated it with a pick, once inside the 10 after he DROPPED the fuking ball on his drop , and then throws a horrible bonehead pick. He does the same thing after another Peterson run deep in Pecker territory. It's the same receivers he had early in the season minus Harvin that he was completing 70 percent of his passes. The difference is that after the first quarter of the season d coordinators focused in on his weakness which is throwing down field in small windows and anything deeper than 15 yards. Defenses began to take the flats away on him and HE WAS EXPOSED as the weak armed qb he is that cannot Consistently beat you down the field. This talk of the receivers not getting open is hog wash. He hit his biggest target Rudoplh alot today and every single one of them was off target with Rudolph having to make great catches.

After that second horrible pick he should have put in Webb. He can cause real problems for teams when he's inserted in there in relief. Frasier was in a must win situation and he decided to stick with his so called long term plan with Ponder instead of trying to win a must win game with Webb. It was obvious Ponder was overmatched and was not going to bring any team back to win that game. Frasier threw the season away with the Lions and Bears both losing. A win would have put the Vikings one game back in the divison lead and right there for a playoff run. NICE JOB LES. Oh ya PONDER SUCKS.
    I just want to be on record as saying that the post you quoted may have been a touch sarcastic.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    Yeah it just boggles my mind that in 2 "must win" games, we stuck with the struggling project instead of actually trying to go for the win with Webb. I understand we're in a "rebuilding year" but we have a shot at the playoffs NOW! 2 straight weeks we could have taken the division lead with a win but Frazier is too stubborn and thick headed to pull the trigger. At least Chiller had the sense to go with the hot hand when we needed a win.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    I wanted to find a gem in Ponder. Instead he has turned out to be a lump of coal. The Dilfer assessment of Ponder seems to be spot on. He has no confidence or sense of awareness of who has the favorable matchup and Rudy bailed him out numerous times today with superb catches. Now, in garbage time Ponder has the confidence to hit a WR on a slant, skinny, why the hell cant he do it in regular time? Ponder that horsecrap. This loss was solely on Ponder. Last week, you couldnt say that solely, but this week he takes all the heat. The defense played good enough to win barring the stinker by Ponder. AP is a unnatural BEAST of a MAN. I hope that somehow that some way we can rally at home next week. Oddly enough, the Vikes are still in it. Hanging on by the thread and a hangnail but still. Just to get there so either GB or Chicago doesnt would be a major win this season.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast