Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnecticutViking View Post
    I can tell you what the problem with Ponder is...

HE'S NOT THAT GOOD! Everyone expects him to perform like a first round pick, the problem is he never was first round material. HE WAS A REACH! Backup material at best...Hell, I pulled this off the Internet and it is spot on!

Scout.com quotes: Isn’t overly aware of pass rushers and will take the kind of shots that are turnovers in the NFL…Took almost every snap out of the shotgun and will need a lot of refinement…Too often had just one read and locked on him constantly…Will look awful at times when consistently pressured…
    PROJECTION: Ponder is a player who could go in the second round or drop well into Day 3...Lack of throwing velocity he has on deep balls and a history of throwing arm problems are all red flags

I remember this one...

Christian Ponder is Elvis Grbac
    Dilfer told Cowherd that he watched every snap Ponder took in college. He described Ponder as a quarterback who looks great in workouts but quickly loses accuracy and effectiveness in the pressure of a game.

"His drop, his arm speed, everything about him ... it's one tempo," Dilfer said. "He has to play at the 7-on-7 tempo. The drop has to be rhythmical. The receivers have to be open. The ball goes one speed. The pocket has to be nice. Any time he's asked to quicken that up or there's people around him, his accuracy is awful. ...

"The great quarterbacks are as accurate going to [options] two, three and four as they are when you go to one. ... Christian Ponder, as soon as you get to two or three, the ball is dirting. It's high. It's all over the place. OK? He plays with a lot of anxiety. Do you want your quarterback in the NFL to play with a lot of anxiety?
    Last edited by singersp; 12-02-2012 at 04:21 PM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

keystonevike is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    AP goes over 200 and we lost? WTF? How often does a team rush for over 200 and lose? And just to put into perspective how inept our passing offense is ... AP has our 6 longest plays from scrimmage this year. They're all runs. That's ridiculous.
    Aikman said near end of game that teams are 46-2 when their RB runs for 200 yds or more. Then he added "Now it looks like they'll be 46-3

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Exactly, AP had 5 yards on the defender, Ponder had plenty of time and protection, and he stepped into the throw, but badly under threw the ball and hit the defender in the back.
    At least we can say Ponder hit a player deep.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
    I feel real bad for T-Jack, since he was lambasted by the fans and Ponder gets nothing but love from them. Damn racist fans anyway.
    That's BS ... very few fans are giving Ponder any love at this point. There's still a few apologists hanging on, but TJoke had just as many apologists if not more even when he was sucking it up in Seattle. Personally I gave up on both of them after giving them roughly the same amount of chances to make me think differently.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    100% agree. It's sickening.

Probably a step too far.
    Where is the Ponder love? There are still more defending Jackson than are supporting Ponder now.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Where is the Ponder love? There are still more defending Jackson than are supporting Ponder now.
    Just a certain amount of venom that was directed at Jackson that isn't being spewed towards Ponder. It's pretty obvious.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator
    I'm sorry Peterson.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    mediocre season=mediocre draft=mediocre team. I am not looking forward to next year at this point. I doubt we win any more games this year. Everyone has our number.

WWBGD

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnecticutViking View Post
    I can tell you what the problem with Ponder is...

HE'S NOT THAT GOOD! Everyone expects him to perform like a first round pick, the problem is he never was first round material. HE WAS A REACH! Backup material at best...Hell, I pulled this off the Internet and it is spot on!

Scout.com quotes: Isn’t overly aware of pass rushers and will take the kind of shots that are turnovers in the NFL…Took almost every snap out of the shotgun and will need a lot of refinement…Too often had just one read and locked on him constantly…Will look awful at times when consistently pressured…
    PROJECTION: Ponder is a player who could go in the second round or drop well into Day 3...Lack of throwing velocity he has on deep balls and a history of throwing arm problems are all red flags
    It is obvious Scout.com did its homework with Ponder. It reads dead on.

I did not prep much for the 2011 draft. I had a lot of stuff going on at the time. When Ponder was drafted, I was sort of confused. I admit my draft lists were incomplete, but I did not have Ponder rated higher than a late second round pick.

After the draft, I thought, "Well, I am no football guy, and I do not get to see these guys live, so what do I know." I hoped that the Vikings knew better than I did. I hoped they had plucked a gem with their reach. I hoped that the Vikings would do better. As a long time Vikings fan, I should have known better than to hope that much.

iowa is online now Rookie
    I've been giving Ponder the benefit of the doubt up until now but todays performance is too much to take.All he had to do is not screw it up,AD was carrying the team, and he completely pissed it down his leg.He was careless with the ball, he couldn't pull the trigger on time, he bolted from the pocket way too early, floated way too many passes, etc.He let the entire team down and has earned a spot on the bench.I'm ready for MBT, he can't suck any worse and the season is over anyway.
    None

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast