Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    We had this game and let it slip away. Ponder does not appear to have an NFL arm. His decision making was slow and bad in this one. The receivers couldn't get open or help him at all. Rudolf played well. The D played ok but couldn't get off the field on critical third downs. Again couldn't dominate a weak offensive line. AD what can anyone say the guy has the heart of a lion. I was backing Ponder up til this one ... not sure anymore. Will have to give it a couple of days. This was a hard loss, if Ponder and the receivers could have done anything we had this.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    1: Peterson was the Offense...again. Just like he has been every year except '09. He deserves better.

2: Our WR's are absolute crap. Jettison the entire lot of them. Completely unsalvageable bunch.

3 Next, fire the idiots who coach them - Frazier and Musgrave. They are horrible.

4: Tell the wilfs to shut up, sit in the owners box, and write checks. They are NOT football guys, they do NOT have an understanding of what is required to build a successful franchise, and they need to recognize that.

5: Defensively, we need to make stops on 3rd down. We can't let 3-12 be converted. Furthermore, we need to stay onside....discipline was horrible.

Fact is, our record is better than our team is. But we inflict most of the damage on ourselves. It's going to be a ,long painful road to correct that. I'm convinced we need a change at HC/OC/DC/etc. I'm almost convinced we need a change at QB (With no receivers, it's hard to make a definitive call). And I'm becoming more and more convinced that we need a change in ownership.

Fucking Packers......

Caine

Tape a game... and then go back and watch it. What you will see is WRs open but the reads being late or he missing the open window. That is on him. On both Ints... He had an open WR and he was late

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    He had open Wrs today. His problem is he locks in and does not find anyone else. On the first INT. He watched him from the start to the finish of the play. WHy does he love Jenkins so much?
    More importantly, how did he not see the defender standing in front of Jenkins? I'm surprised he could even see Jenkins through the defender.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    But he hasn't had 3 consecutive years of starts to evaluate him so how can you be so quick to judge?

After all it was later in Jackson's career when I said to stick a fork in him and you were all over me about that.
    Ponder has had more starts than Jackson. Besides, while you may have been one that didn't give up on him til later in his career, there were those who were sick oh him before 2007 even started & those sick of him not even half way thru that season. I inadvertently thought you were one of the earlier ones. Jackson had one full year starting & 2 games before being benched. That was 14 starts after being named the starter. That was Ponder's 22nd start after being named starter.

Talking about Jackson or how many starts Ponder has had, was not relevant to my post. I was making a sarcastic comment about his piss-poor passing today.
    Last edited by singersp; 12-02-2012 at 03:52 PM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

keystonevike is offline Starter
    Whoever's decision it was to draft Ponder (Spielman's?) over Dalton or Kaepernick should be immediately fired. No WRs-no more excuses. Ponder horribly sucks. Gift int. at start of 3rd qtr. after long AP run- Really? Throw the ball away! You're an NFL QB. Or are you? I think not! Just cut him. He has no trade value. Entire coaching staff should follow him out the door. In a division with Stafford, Cutler, and Rodgers, we are clearly deficient at QB. Hire a coaching staff that knows how to coach. With AP and our D (which was really stout today-deserves better) all we may need is a game manager. Alex Smith? His run in S.F. is clearly over after this season. Hell, at this point, we should just pick up Tebow after Jets cut him and become a grind it out team. 2 punishing runners, eat up clock, score and play D. Can't be worse than what we got now. If Ponder starts next week, entire coaching staff should be immediately fired.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    And he isn't hitting the WR's when they are in the seams which is key to the WCO.

There is a window in the defense where the WR is open and the ball needs to be delivered there and then. Before or after that and the defense can make a play on it and that is when and where Ponder is delivering it. That is the reason we see QB's that we face make things look so easy while those same basic throws look almost insurmountable to the Vikings. It is also why we could be 12-4 with brett and suck every other year. He knew where and when to put the ball and that is the whole key (other than having a strong enough arm to actually do it)

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    I don't think Webb is the future at QB either, I just want him in there starting so we don't have to keep looking at Ponder. This is what we get folks when your team reaches and selects a qb in the first round when he was slated to go in the second rd and had knocks against him, specifically, he couldn't throw the deep pass, and he couldn't throw on the run. So he comes to the NFL and does anyone do anything to correct that? Fuck no. This team has no direction, no leadership, and no heart. Fuck Ponder, fuck Frazier, fuck Musgrave, and if no changes are made, fuck the Wilf's. My passion for this team is dwindling, and I have never been this close to turning my back on my favorite team. I am just at my wits end with this team, and can't continue to support a franchise that is incompetent and just doesn't get what it takes to build a championship team. If changes aren't made for next season, I will be known as Ex Vikes fan in Wis.
    ;

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Ponder has had more starts than Jackson. Besides, while you may have been one that didn't give up on him til later in his career, there were those who were sick oh him before 2007 even started & those sick of him not even half way thru that season. I inadvertently thought you were one of the earlier ones. Jackson had one full year starting & 2 games before being benched. That was 14 games. That was Ponder's 22nd. Talking about Jackson or how many starts Ponder has had, was not relevant to mu post. I was making a sarcastic comment about his piss-poor passing today.
    The only difference between the two is that Ponder has been durable enough to stay on the field consistently while TJ couldn't go for more than a few games before getting injured and that has actually been verified through his time in Seattle and Buffalo so to use that as an reason only proves that Ponder is more durable and not that he has had longer to be evaluated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jereamiah View Post
    I'm pretty sure now that that idiot has zero say in any player decisions. I'm not sure what that d-bag does. Really. Besides stand there and look lost.
    On one of the shots of Frazier today I actually saw him look at his play cards & look up into the air. Either he was doing a whole lot of praying or a bird shit on his cards.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast