Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Suick is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    How quickly we've forgotten McNabb
    I'd STILL take Ponder over T Jack

He brought sucking to a whole new level
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

smegmavike is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I completely disagree with you.
    We are light years from a sustainable playoff team. We have several STARS that need replacing on defense.

Also, i so sick of people blaming the defense for not playing a perfect game. The defense played amazing yesterday and almost won us the game. So GB had 1 long drive and converted some 3rd downs. Lets not forget that this is a damn good GB team with a damn good QB. On the other side of the coin our fucking offense could not move the ball thru the air on a wretched secondary. Even when they put 10 in the box we still couldn't complete a pass...
    Our QB cannot throw. He is late with wide open passes. Wide open and then throws Ints. A WR that can stretch the field is worthless because it will be nothing but a long punt. He is terrible and has a noodle for an arm. Noodle 2.0
    My friend, you are one of the few who have eyes that see.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Outside of hiring Spielman as GM this year, what have the Wilf's done that was detrimental to this team this year?
    We're still struggling with their previous decisions which are STILL killing us.

1: Childress
    2: Frazier

They need to make one FINAL Football decision, and that is to tell Spielman to fire Frazier and the entire coaching staff. Then, they need to let Spielman do his JOB (So we can actually see if he's worth a crap or not). Then, they need to stay OUT of the draft room, OUT of the Locker room, and stay IN the Owner's suite, writing checks and smiling for the camera.

Caine

Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    We're still struggling with their previous decisions which are STILL killing us.

They need to make one FINAL Football decision, and that is to tell Spielman to fire Frazier and the entire coaching staff. Then, they need to let Spielman do his JOB (So we can actually see if he's worth a crap or not). Then, they need to stay OUT of the draft room, OUT of the Locker room, and stay IN the Owner's suite, writing checks and smiling for the camera.

Caine
    I soooooo agree with this, Caine. Well said.

I've said it before and I'm going to say it again......Frazier (as DC) was not able to coach the secondary out of a paper bag. He had a mostly veteran line and backers who didn't need a lot of coaching and a secondary that sucked. For years. Elevating him to HC was not just a poor decision, it was an idiotic one.
    And when is he going to stone up and start making the officials sorry for their stupid BS?! At the very least a pleasant ass chewing is in order, most games.
    He has no fire.
    He is no leader.

As far as this past game........I can't remember a time when every one in a unit made so many rookie mistakes all in the same game. Wtf was going on with our defensive line?!

As for Ponder.......he isn't the one. No savvy, no patience, no accuracy, no arm. In the past I have called out the OLine for failing to protect the pocket, but in this game that was not the case.

There were open receivers who were not thrown the ball and receivers in heavy traffic that were. He lofts the ball ever so delicately into the air.....so that it floats along to either nowhere catchable or into the arms of the other team. If you are going to pass into traffic, you had better have so much fire on it that the defenders will be sorry they tried to mess with it, ala Favre in his prime.

There are only a few players who bring their A game, every game and who are fit enough to sustain it for 60 minutes. Peterson, Greenway, Allen, Winfield, Williams and a few others. The rest need to have a seat on the bench until they can man up and bring it every game, for the WHOLE game. And if I was Peterson...........I'd be shopping for a new team and begging to be traded.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post

Caine
    That I can agree with except the last part. With the making of Spielman GM, I can't say for sure they even are in the draft room or the locker room. I certainly don't believe if they are in the locker room & give them a rah rah speech, they aren't detrimental to the players performance on the field. Spielman should be making all the decisions now on players & coaches & not the Wilfs.

Childress' buddies at all coaching level need to go. I always felt they were hired out of friendship & not knowledge or because they were damn good. Tomlin was the exception & we let him slip away.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Chazz is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
    Fair enough. That's true. However that's arguing ifs. We could've had Drew Brees, what if we would've went and got him. Personally, I like that one better.
    No, that's not arguing the ifs.
    The fact remains we beat washington.. and it could have been us. Instead we are stuck with the noodle 2.0
    I see, if we would've lost to Washington we could've had RG3. Ok, got it.

Chazz is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    We could have had RG3 if we didn't beat Washington last year, but I doubt we would have drafted him because we already had what we thought was our future QB.
    Fair enough. That's true. However that's arguing ifs. We could've had Drew Brees, what if we would've went and got him. Personally, I like that one better.
    I wasn't really arguing if's, I was saying it's a moot point because we already had Ponder. If we had the #1 pick we wouldn't have drafted Luck or RG3 because we already had what we believed was going to be our franchise guy. I'm glad we never had the #1 pick because I'd hate to think how sick I would be now knowing we passed up 2 real franchise guys to stick with this reach, dare I say bust of a pick named Ponder. Just thinking about the possibility makes me sick.

It still bothers me that we drafted Darrin Nelson ahead of Heisman trophy winner Marcus Allen in the '82 draft.

And Drew Brees was just a gamble that paid off for the Saints, they had nothing to lose. Brees just had major shoulder injury on his throwing arm. An arm that wasn't exactly strong before the injury. We had just gotten rid of Daunte Culpepper, had Brad Johnson, and just drafted a stud by the name of Tarvaris Fox Jackson ... lol ok I can't really make a case here.
    Yeah, if we'd of been at two we would've had a bit of a conundrum. We couldn't of passed him up. We likely would've made the trade with Washington. Which would've allowed us to fill more holes, get WRs and maybe Ponder would be playing better. You never know.

Yeah, we've really screwed the pooch on many drafts. I'm still mad we passed on Warren Sapp.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Frazier should be fired for not putting in Webb in the third quarter when we still had a chance to win the game rather than keeping Ponder in there to dig us deeper in a hole. Peterson deserves better than that.
    I think they should have put Webb in the game as well. The game was close and Ponder was stinking it up. The fact that they apparently aren't even considering it makes me wonder why Webb is on the roster. If it's simply trying to protect Ponder's ego, than I think they are getting the opposite effect. Frazier shouldn't keep allowing shitty play from his QB. Doesn't mean you have to completely bail on the guy, but it may be the best thing for the guy to sit down right now. From Ponder's perspective, I'm sure he is aware that his NFL career is slipping away if he can't right this thing soon. I think his problems are as much mental as physical, but not sure he can overcome it without the WR's stepping up and bailing him out. Good luck with that.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I think they should have put Webb in the game as well. The game was close and Ponder was stinking it up. The fact that they apparently aren't even considering it makes me wonder why Webb is on the roster.
    This...

It's because the Vikings coaching staff is inept at their jobs... not to mention Spielman's inability to find a decent starting QB at any point in his career.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I think they should have put Webb in the game as well. The game was close and Ponder was stinking it up. The fact that they apparently aren't even considering it makes me wonder why Webb is on the roster. If it's simply trying to protect Ponder's ego, than I think they are getting the opposite effect. Frazier shouldn't keep allowing shitty play from his QB. Doesn't mean you have to completely bail on the guy, but it may be the best thing for the guy to sit down right now. From Ponder's perspective, I'm sure he is aware that his NFL career is slipping away if he can't right this thing soon. I think his problems are as much mental as physical, but not sure he can overcome it without the WR's stepping up and bailing him out. Good luck with that.
    That is my thought as well. If they don't have enough faith in him to come in and give the team a boost when needed, then what do they expect would happen if Ponder got hurt and he ws the one and only starter? If you don't have a competent backup in this league you are setting yourself up for trouble unless you are GB who can go 20 years without having to rely on a backup for mare than a game.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast