Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    This game just shows how bad this franchise has been run for many years now.

We have so many needs and won't be a factor for a few years, i hate the Packers but they are on the verge of building a dynasty in a league where Manning and Brady are declining as players, Rodgers is still young and could take over the league..

We have let players like Rice walk, cut McKinnie and now have major needs at their positions..

Some of our key players are getting up there in age and we need to look into who is going to replace them long-term.. (Winfield, Hutchinson, KWilliams)..

We have put 2nd string guys in starting spots at safety, wide reciever and on the offensive line and this is just the penalty for doing just that. (Abdullah, Sanford, TJohnson, Aromashudo, CJohnson, Sullivan, Berger etc.)

For the draft there is no question, we just need to take the best player availible, being at OL, WR, DB or whatever.. whoever ranks highest on our board, pick him.

The Green Bay Packers are an example of building a team trough the draft as i think all but 3 starters on their team was drafted by them.. We have a lot of work to do and Green Bay are way better, but that just makes me hate them even more so F*** the pack and lets get to work.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Our Cover 2 should be changed to cover 5 as there never seems to be anyone within 5 yards of a receiver. Rodgers made a couple of nice throws, but lets be honest here, hitting receivers that wide open was a cake walk for Rodgers.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Well, the game isn't officially over but it has been over since the first quarter so here it goes.

This has to be one of the least disciplined, worst coached, worst organized teams I have seen in decades. While Frazier got a pass for a while, he has nearly a season under his belt now and what I see is a team that is consistently out of position and outplayed time after time.
    My thoughts exactly. The obviousness of the coaching problems is the insane amount of penalties.

i also think that the two most important areas that need to be completely overhauled are the OL and the Secondary.

Loadholt looked like a little kid tonight against mathews. Johnson just isnt getting things done, Hutch is getting old and won't be able to perform well for much longer. Sullivan is a backup center at best and Herrara has never been the answer at RG. An obvious first round pick would be at LT if there is a good enough one coming out that would justify a top 5 pick.

The secondary has been the ultimate embarrassment of this team over the last two years. Chris Cook is probably done with the vikings, asher allen is just terrible, fast but terrible, Griffen has probably been too affected by his knee injuries to ever really live up to the potential he had when he came into the league, Winfield is the only DB worth talking about and he is living out the last year or two of his career. (Plus he's out for the year with a broken collarbone). They need to sign a big name free agent or make a blockbuster trade here, because their drafting abilities at this position have proved to be terrible.

overall the whole team needs an overhaul. they need to start by firing the coaching staff, hiring a GM that knows what hes talking about and admit that they're rebuilding.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer
    5 targets two weeks ago for AD and plenty of production. So where the F was that this week? The Packers were coming at Ponder hard. I don't understand how we can't run an Fing screen play with Peterson. It boggles my mind. I want to slap Musgrave at times.

D'Imperio is garbage.

Ponder had zero time to throw. They may not be the worst but our OL has got to be the most inconsistent blocking unit in the league.

DL played well enough. Rodgers is playing out of his mind. Any other QB would have been sacked 5 times or more tonight.

Asher Allen is garbage.

Can we give the best offense in the league any more freebies with dumbass penalties? Offsides on a FG and a KO? WTF?

Leslie needs to bust some heads. He needs to start with Musgrave.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by seaniemck7 View Post
    5 targets two weeks ago for AD and plenty of production. So where the F was that this week? The Packers were coming at Ponder hard. I don't understand how we can't run an Fing screen play with Peterson. It boggles my mind. I want to slap Musgrave at times.

D'Imperio is garbage.

Ponder had zero time to throw. They may not be the worst but our OL has got to be the most inconsistent blocking unit in the league.

DL played well enough. Rodgers is playing out of his mind. Any other QB would have been sacked 5 times or more tonight.

Asher Allen is garbage.

Can we give the best offense in the league any more freebies with dumbass penalties? Offsides on a FG and a KO? WTF?

Leslie needs to bust some heads. He needs to start with Musgrave.
    You really hit the nail on the head here.

Why are we still trying to force a LB at the FB position in D'imperio? It's clearly not working out, yet we cut players like Allen Reisner... who looked great in camp. Not saying Reisner's going to be awesome, but he's GOT to be better than D'imperio.

We completely ignored Peterson in the passing game when it proved successful the week before. Some serious head-scratching moments. Honestly wondering if this coaching staff has the ability to create an effective gameplan.

To be honest, I think the entire coaching staff has to go. We need to get rid of everyone leftover from the Childress era. Speilman too.
    Last edited by C Mac D; 11-15-2011 at 01:11 AM.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Ponder got thrown to the wolves tonight. Our line hasn't played well, but this was their worst game of the season. He had less than a second to throw every single pass. I also would like to completely disagree with IBP about the throwing on the run comment. He has shown that he can throw very well on the run. I would even go as far as to say that it's one of his strong suits. He just doesn't have anybody to throw to. It's gonna be really hard to judge the kid until we get him a #1 WR and a couple book end tackles. Loadholt and Johnson are going to get him killed out there. His escapability only takes him so far. He can't shake off every single blitzer, as he showed tonight.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Dfoster is offline Rookie
    Blog Entries
    Man, I hate these nail-biter games.

I'd comment further, but I have to get busy

on a bit of art work for Uffda.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    We have a long way to go to be able to compete with the Packers. It seems that this franchise is in disarray from the front office on down. Frazier and his staff are in way over their heads from the looks of things. Frazier said, "We've got to make sure we're concentrating." Yeah, that'll do it- think harder. Playing some damn football would be better. I feel sorry for Peterson- he'll be the reissue of Barry Sanders- wasted.

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    We are who we thought we were...

In short, we suck! Although our drafts have been ok over the years (although I still hate last years draft), we have not done anything in the Free Agent Market to help us at all! Wingfield, Allen, and Hutch? Maybe some others, but Wingfield was a long time ago, as well as Hutch.

The O-line, Defense, and Special teams all played poorly tonight. I'm not throwing Ponder under the bus because A. He had no time, B. He had no running game, C. He is a Rookie and he will have games like this. But guys...The Packers are one of the worst Defenses in the NFL, their offense is their defense. We could only score 7 against them and even that was a gift. This doesn't only come down to lack of talent, this also points to coaching. Penalties, game plan, schemes don't necessarily play to the talent that we have.

I think the powers that be need to go into rebuilding mode, stop picking up retread quarterbacks and build an O-line and Defense that can keep us in the game.

Lastly...Did anyone else notice that Mike Tirico was the only black spectator in the stadium? Didn't realize that Green Bay was so diverse.
    Last edited by ConnecticutViking; 11-15-2011 at 06:07 AM.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnecticutViking View Post
    We are who we thought we were...

In short, we suck! Although our drafts have been ok over the years (although I still hate last years draft), we have not done anything in the Free Agent Market to help us at all! Wingfield, Allen, and Hutch? Maybe some others, but Wingfield was a long time ago, as well as Hutch.
    Wingfield? Who the hell is Wingfield?

LOL!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast