Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Packers post game thread.

Well, the game isn't officially over but it has been over since the first quarter so here it goes.

This has to be one of the least disciplined, worst coached, worst organized teams I have seen in decades. While Frazier got a pass for a while, he has nearly a season under his belt now and what I see is a team that is consistently out of position and outplayed time after time.

They fail to take away the strength of the teams they face and they do not play to their own strengths as well. They have breakdowns on offense, they have breakdowns on defense and they have breakdowns on special teams and that all points back to coaching. Penalties, broken coverages, poor pass protection, poor pass defense and right down the line.

I understand that the team is down on talent and I had no expectations of them winning a lot of games this year because of it, but the lack of coaching and execution that is leading to plays that we should be able to defend or at least minimize is not acceptable and the way they are getting punched in the mouth without punching back makes me sick to my stomach.

Other than that Go Vikings!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Same problems, different week.

OL is the worst in the league
    Secondary is the worst in the league

LIVike is offline Starter
    The secondary sucks my god are they terrible. Its amazing that Rodgers actually threw an incompletion. D line looked ok. Allen had another performance. O line sucks if anything this proved it even more. Peterson for the most part still cant pick up a block. Ponder was mediocre but what a surprise when he is almost always under pressure. Stupid penalties killed us again. Also play Rudolph god damnit the guy can make plays I dont understand why he is on the field 10 plays a game.

I agree with purple floyd. Its like every week they seem unprepared and have no motivation to win and its pathetic.
    None

Blog Entries
    To me the refs seemed worse than usual tonight. The no call on the PI against Shank, then Percy gets offensive PI on that long catch, then the Packers have a blatant offensive PI against Asher that doesn't get called and then Asher gets called on a PI that is less obvious than what was called against shank. The packers were going to win and didn't need the help so I have to question the inconsistency on the calls. If the game was in question I could understand it but in this case? Not necessary.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    This was the worst game of Phil Loadholts career. He almost got Ponder killed on multiple occasions. Not only do we need a LT, but we need a RT too! If we are on the clock and Blackmon is still available, can we afford to pass him up? Or do we have to draft the best available LT in the first round?

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Blog Entries
    Come on MM and Smegma- Tell us how you really feel.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    That was just painful. Everything PF has said so far, plus more.

I swear to god, if Marty says that our OL or DB's play "Damn fine", I will somehow find a way to slap him through my computer. They are possibly some of the worst int he league. No exaggeration here whatsoever.

By position:

QB: D-
    Wow, that was bad. Ponder was not accurate, he's shown he STILL can not figure out how to throw a deep ball. He has no pocket awareness, no mental clock, nothing like that. yeah, that stuff comes with time, but this is a perfect example of why I've been saying we needed to sign a vet. Fairly obvious that on the big stage, he's not ready. Now, granted our OL didn't do him any favours at all, but it goes both ways. Ponder runs around so much, the OL are chasing him 10 yards deep to try and make a block. Ponder needs to learn to throw it away, or get yards. Watch Rodgers, when he scrambles to buy time, he's not running 10 yards deep, he's moving laterally or forwards. Very rarely runs backwards. Ponder is far from ready to lead a winning team, tonight showed that. Against one of the poorer pass defenses in the league, he couldn't do a thing.

RB: C+ All things considered, AP played well. Needs more carries and I'm sure he would have done just fine. Plays as hard as always. Couple nice carries by Gerhart and Harvin. Booker looks like he has no clue out there.

FB: F D'Imperio... why is he still on the team? Slight improvement over Tahi, but not much

TE: C. Aside from some nice Rudolph Grabs once we stuck the backups in (why doesn't he play more through the game anyway?), really nothing to write home about. Poor blocking, not much for route running, not getting open, not really involved

OL: F- Loadholt getting toasted on a regular basis, nobody else looking much better.

DL: D WTF went on today? Some decent pass rushing at times, but at other times, nothing. Allen looked slow off the ball many times, Evans is pure garbage, KW can't handle triple teams, Robison mostly shut down on single blocks. And the neutural zone infractions?

LB: C Not much better. Effectivea t times on blitzes, ok in coverage, but lost at times as well.

DB: F falling down, missing assignments, can't cover, can't tackle (exception of Winfield). Letting guys drag you for 15 yards and a TD. our DB's are BRUTAL. Wish Cook was back.

K: B Meh, not sure why we went for that 52 yarder, barely made the 47 into the wind, kicking after the 5 yard penalty was purely stupid on Fraizers part. Not blaming Longwell too much for that one.

P: B ok punting, really nice one at the 2 yard line, too bad our D couldn't take advantage.

Coaching: D My patience with fraizer is really running thin. This team is as undisciplined as they come. Same penalties over and over again, PI, Neutural zone, PI, Neutural zone. You'd think they'd do something to work on that. some poor decisions, and otherwise just unpreparedness. You'd think after a week off, the coaches at least wouldl have a solid gameplan. Not so much.

remember those folks saying we're an 11 win team this season?

I sure do.

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    Our offensive line absolutely sucks. Ponder and AD didn't have a chance. Our entire secondary sucks, can't make a play at all. We have some decent players in spots but the holes are glaring. Our D-line didn't play bad. We could compete if we had an o-line and a secondary but until we fix those it's going to be hard to watch. I just hope Ponder doesn't get killed before we get him some blocking. The stupid mistakes and unfocused play are unforgivable when you don't have a lot of talent in the first place. Our fundamentals and execution suck. I am really beginning to doubt this coaching staff.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    There is so little talent on this team, yet Spielman remains.
    Instead of finding a head coach with experience we have Frazier.
    Simple fact is, the Wilfs don't know what they are doing.
    They are well intentioned and want to win badly, but they need to hire a GM with a proven track record.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    There should have been an offensive facemask on Jordy Nelson's first TD... but that's about par for the course for a Monday Night game in Green Bay.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast