Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Squandering a 16 point lead in the fourth to a recently signed QB pretty much sums up the 2013 season.

Rhodes played his best game, Audie plays like a MLB. DL had one of their better games. Lacy made us look like clowns trying to bring him down. Greenway really seems to be struggling. Big drops cost us by Patterson, Wright and Jennings. Simpson made a couple nice catches to help prolong drvies. Ponder played a decent game...here's an interesting stat for him:

- Christian Ponder had a QB Rating of 135.8 when blitzed, but just 69.9 when not.

I would welcome a new coaching staff.....providing they bring in real talent...so we don't keep repeating this cycle. I continue to be convinced that talent between NFL rosters is fairly close and what differentiates good teams from bad is primarily coaching. Other than a few stray years hear and there.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    My brother-in-law and I can't figure out why opposing defenses rush Ponder. He makes his best plays and decisions on the move, and looks like a rookie when he stays in the pocket to make high percentage passes.

If I were playing against Ponder, I would rush 3, have wandering LBs, and let him give us the ball.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Squandering a 16 point lead in the fourth to a recently signed QB pretty much sums up the 2013 season.

Rhodes played his best game, Audie plays like a MLB. DL had one of their better games. Lacy made us look like clowns trying to bring him down. Greenway really seems to be struggling. Big drops cost us by Patterson, Wright and Jennings. Simpson made a couple nice catches to help prolong drvies. Ponder played a decent game...here's an interesting stat for him:

- Christian Ponder had a QB Rating of 135.8 when blitzed, but just 69.9 when not.
    Too bad QBR doesn't take into account sacks or runs

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Too bad QBR doesn't take into account sacks or runs
    Or, dropped passes.

If they did then they would then turn into a subjective stat, similar to the Total QBR which does attempt to account for contribution vs just end result. I applaud this effort, but the formula is not publicized and some of their numbers are pretty suspect. Which is usually the case when subjectivity comes into play by an analyst unfamiliar with what the roles and responsibilities for any given team/play.

The regular QBR is as close as we can get to a non-subjective stat that gives a pretty decent feel for QB play. In the end, the end result is all that matters. Style points are for gymnastics and diving.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Or, dropped passes.

If they did then they would then turn into a subjective stat, similar to the Total QBR which does attempt to account for contribution vs just end result. I applaud this effort, but the formula is not publicized and some of their numbers are pretty suspect. Which is usually the case when subjectivity comes into play by an analyst unfamiliar with what the roles and responsibilities for any given team/play.

The regular QBR is as close as we can get to a non-subjective stat that gives a pretty decent feel for QB play. In the end, the end result is all that matters. Style points are for gymnastics and diving.
    Truthfully, there's no good way to guage the effectiveness of QBs except for the eyeball test.

QBR doesn't account for drops, pocket awareness, missed receivers, fumbles, bad blocking, bad reads, etc. Only way is an unbiased play by play evaluation on whether a play was executed correctly by the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Truthfully, there's no good way to guage the effectiveness of QBs except for the eyeball test.

QBR doesn't account for drops, pocket awareness, missed receivers, fumbles, bad blocking, bad reads, etc. Only way is an unbiased play by play evaluation on whether a play was executed correctly by the QB.
    Your pretty much describing ESPN's Total QBR system. Which is subjective, but it attempts to do exactly what your are asking.

I tried to get onboard with it, but in the end with all the variables involved in any given play I think the best non-biased indicator that can/should be used is the regular QBR. There will always be some qualification to it, but I think it is one of the better stats in the game that focuses on end results.

Your always welcome to use your own personal eyeball test, but I would argue that fans of a team generally have the most biased eye (good and bad). Too much emotion involved and too much pre-conceived opinions. Or, too much fanaticism.

So, don't be offended if I tell you that yours and my opinions about Vikings players are probably the least reliable. PF on the other hand is always dead nuts on, so I might need to question his fanhood.

Suick is offline Pro-Bowler
    Lacy made us look like clowns trying to bring him down.
    How true. Tackling was horrific as it has been all year.
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

Suick is offline Pro-Bowler
    I did like Brian Robison sack dance.

Set the hook!!!!!
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Loved AP and Toby blasting the Packers for big yards.

Loved Audie Cole's first game. Keep it up!!!

Loved the play of Rhodes. Was Cook paying attention?

Typical day for Ponder...make just enough plays to give us hope, then fold when the pressure is on.

Love the fact that our big name Big $$$ FA WR is riding the bench....always. Glad we signed him. (sarcasm off)

Can't wait for Frazier, Williams, and Musgrave to put their houses up for sale....

Can't wait for the Wilfs to put the team up for sale....

How in the floop do you blow a 14 point lead against the PACKTARDS!?!?!?!?!?! How do you do that, then look your fans in the eye and say, "We've put a quality product on the field".

The Wilfs and the Vikings owe all of us a HUGE apology...

...I'll settle for them selling the franchise.

Caine

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Loved AP and Toby blasting the Packers for big yards.

Loved Audie Cole's first game. Keep it up!!!

Loved the play of Rhodes. Was Cook paying attention?

Typical day for Ponder...make just enough plays to give us hope, then fold when the pressure is on.

Love the fact that our big name Big $$$ FA WR is riding the bench....always. Glad we signed him. (sarcasm off)

Can't wait for Frazier, Williams, and Musgrave to put their houses up for sale....

Can't wait for the Wilfs to put the team up for sale....

How in the floop do you blow a 14 point lead against the PACKTARDS!?!?!?!?!?! How do you do that, then look your fans in the eye and say, "We've put a quality product on the field".

The Wilfs and the Vikings owe all of us a HUGE apology...

...I'll settle for them selling the franchise.

Caine
    Muskrat thinks that passing the football instead of running the ball takes more time off the clock? Giving the other team free timeouts with stupid sneaky plays and incomplete passes by a retard quarterback is not going to cut it.

Take away all the last minute losses this season and we stand alone in our division and are playoff bound. Prevent defense seems to prevent us a victory. Free timeouts for the defense when trying to RUN out the clock will kill you on offense.

Yep, GM and coaches must go! And Cole better be our starting middle linebacker the rest of the season for fuck sake.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123