Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Vikings - packers postgame thread

Okay I'll start it. Since no one did last week.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Packers post game

Well the good news is we didn't lose.
    The bad news is we blew a 16 pt lead in the 4th quarter.

The good news is we kept the packers from being in a tie for first place in the North.

The bad news is it doesn't matter to us what the rest of the North is doing.

Why did we throw a screen the last play of over time instead of heaving it down the field and maybe hoping for a pass interference giving us a chance to win? I just don't get the play calling.

The interesting thing this week is no one in the NFC north won this weekend.

WWBGD

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Oh and BTW Toby had a great game so I don't want the hear any crap about how he sucks.

WWBGD

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    I thought we played a pretty good game. Refs gave them a touchdown with that long pass interference call that should have been offensive pass interference against the Packers. Also that bull#$#t holding call when we stopped them on third a nine. I am just glad we didn't cave completely. AP and Toby ran well. O line showed up. D played more aggressive. Receivers gave it hell. Even Ponder gave a decent showing until disappearing towards the end. No win but I still love the Vikings.

PInfante97 is offline Rookie
    we still suck. we even suck at losing for draft position

AP had a good game. Gerhart also, surprisingly, had a great game as well. Even Ponder started 15 of 18 for 181 yards. But then, at critical moments in the game the whole team, collectively, blew a 16 point lead. Missed open receivers (Ponder to Patterson), dropped passes (Patterson, Jennings), and a late game defense that decided to go soft. Top that off with the typical bad play calling. I'm stating the obvious here. Every one of you saw it too. It was a heartbreaking tie, only slightly less worse than a loss. I made the mistake, like usual, of actually thinking we we're going to win.

The way the momentum was going I think it was an absolute miracle we didn't lose in the OT.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    Oh and BTW Toby had a great game so I don't want the hear any crap about how he sucks.
    He did. I know Adrian is the best in the league, but why was Toby scrapped when he was getting 10 yds every time he touched the ball in OT. Why pull the hot hand?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by EricTheViking View Post
    It was a heartbreaking tie, only slightly less worse than a loss.
    A tie is not a win for bragging rights, and it is not a loss for better draft picks.

A tie was the worst scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    A tie is not a win for bragging rights, and it is not a loss for better draft picks.

A tie was the worst scenario.
    I suppose. But when it comes to the packers I'll take the tie over a loss. I know this is purely an emotional response (as well as a thought experiment as the outcome has been decided) but I hate the packers. And thus the tie is only slightly less bitter, to me, than losing.

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Vikings lose 26-26

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast