Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 89
  1. #1
    StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,255

    Packers: how to beat them

    I looked around, but was not real sure where exactly to post this, so I will just throw it up here, and please feel free to move it to wherever...

    I have been thinking about how we can beat the Packers. Given that the Packers almost have no running game (Favre threw 45 times vs. the Bolts and even with 4th and goal from like the 2, the Slackers didn't feel like pounding the pill into the end zone and threw 3 times). I think this is their achilles' heel. This feeds into our Cover 2 defense well, I think.

    Here is my thinking:

    - Do not stack the box ! No need to, if they can't run.
    - Keep the safeties back to defend the pass
    - Do NOT blitz Favre. He loves it. Sit back and let him throw.
    - Williams' (Pat and Kevin): get a hand up on the ball and try to bat it
    - Don't let them have the slant pass. They love throwing it. Jam their receivers on the line (Cedric Griffin: this means YOU !)
    - In general: make Favre delay his initial throw. It seems to me that the longer he takes to throw, the worse it is for him
    - Funnel Driver into the middle of the field and then lay some pine on him

    On offense: just run the ball. Try to keep Favre off the field. Get the crowd into it.

    We are at home. I don't care how favored they are. We can win this one. The defense has to step up, though. We need 2 + picks to win this.

  2. #2
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Packers: how to beat them

    Nice take.
    The only thing I don't agree with is not blitzing.
    Yes, Fav-re functions well under the blitz.
    If we sit back and let him throw with no pressure, he will find an open receiver.

    The key in my mind is coverage and taking away routes.
    Fav-re still thinks he can put the ball up his receiver's ass at 50 yards, and will force throws.
    Take away the slant, like SP said, and don't fall out of coverage.
    Then put pressure on Fav-re (even if it means sending in a LB sometimes) and let him throw the ball to us.

    On a side note, I hope Fergie, Sharper, and Longwell all score against their former team...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #3
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Packers: how to beat them

    "StillPurple" wrote:
    I looked around, but was not real sure where exactly to post this, so I will just throw it up here, and please feel free to move it to wherever...

    I have been thinking about how we can beat the Packers.
    The staff at TFWPP have been working on some advanced statistical models, running through the results of not only all past Vikings-Packers contests, but, literally, every single NFL game ever played.
    Their in-depth analysis proves without a shadow of a doubt that the key to the Vikings beating the Packers this weekend is scoring more points than they do.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #4
    IBleedPurple11's Avatar
    IBleedPurple11 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    414

    Re: Packers: how to beat them

    Sit back and let him throw?
    ??? I know Favre is old and i hate him
    > but he is a future hall of famer and if we LET him throw, he will throw on us all day, i mean if Kitna can do it Favre sure as hell can. I say we send EJ Henderson in their to blitz frequently to add a little pressure on Favre. I also think Robison should get more playing time this game, he is a great pass rusher!
    ;D

    As for offense, DAMN - can we get a 20yd+ completion this week?!?! we have speedy/tall receivers. Throw it up to Rice on the 1-1 coverage, and LEAD Williamson so he can go get it. NO NO NO Holcomb- NOT 10 yards in front of him, just a couple so he can actually catch it, unlike that horrible "should have been" TD pass you screwed up to Ferg.

    Chilly-Please Start TJ This Week!
    :-


    *SKOL!*

  5. #5
    tiersius's Avatar
    tiersius is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    56

    Re: Packers: how to beat them

    That is assuming, of course, that all the points we score are for our team.

  6. #6
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Packers: how to beat them

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    I looked around, but was not real sure where exactly to post this, so I will just throw it up here, and please feel free to move it to wherever...

    I have been thinking about how we can beat the Packers.
    The staff at TFWPP have been working on some advanced statistical models, running through the results of not only all past Vikings-Packers contests, but, literally, every single NFL game ever played.
    Their in-depth analysis proves without a shadow of a doubt that the key to the Vikings beating the Packers this weekend is scoring more points than they do.

    =Z=
    I didn't know that John Madden was your head analyst over at TFWPP

  7. #7
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Packers: how to beat them

    "Mr" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    I looked around, but was not real sure where exactly to post this, so I will just throw it up here, and please feel free to move it to wherever...

    I have been thinking about how we can beat the Packers.
    The staff at TFWPP have been working on some advanced statistical models, running through the results of not only all past Vikings-Packers contests, but, literally, every single NFL game ever played.
    Their in-depth analysis proves without a shadow of a doubt that the key to the Vikings beating the Packers this weekend is scoring more points than they do.
    I didn't know that John Madden was your head analyst over at TFWPP
    The staff over at TFWPP is populated with great minds who hold degrees from some of the finest engineering schools in the United States of America.
    Madden doesn't even have the resume to be their front-desk security guard.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  8. #8
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Packers: how to beat them

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    I looked around, but was not real sure where exactly to post this, so I will just throw it up here, and please feel free to move it to wherever...

    I have been thinking about how we can beat the Packers.
    The staff at TFWPP have been working on some advanced statistical models, running through the results of not only all past Vikings-Packers contests, but, literally, every single NFL game ever played.
    Their in-depth analysis proves without a shadow of a doubt that the key to the Vikings beating the Packers this weekend is scoring more points than they do.
    I didn't know that John Madden was your head analyst over at TFWPP
    The staff over at TFWPP is populated with great minds who hold degrees from some of the finest engineering schools in the United States of America.
    Madden doesn't even have the resume to be their front-desk security guard.

    =Z=
    Cafeteria chef? Turducken! BAM!

  9. #9
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Packers: how to beat them

    "Mr" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    I looked around, but was not real sure where exactly to post this, so I will just throw it up here, and please feel free to move it to wherever...

    I have been thinking about how we can beat the Packers.
    The staff at TFWPP have been working on some advanced statistical models, running through the results of not only all past Vikings-Packers contests, but, literally, every single NFL game ever played.
    Their in-depth analysis proves without a shadow of a doubt that the key to the Vikings beating the Packers this weekend is scoring more points than they do.
    I didn't know that John Madden was your head analyst over at TFWPP
    The staff over at TFWPP is populated with great minds who hold degrees from some of the finest engineering schools in the United States of America.
    Madden doesn't even have the resume to be their front-desk security guard.
    Cafeteria chef? Turducken! BAM!
    I wonder how he'd look in a hairnet?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  10. #10
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Packers: how to beat them

    That passrush.. gotta work.. Send EJ everytime along with the 4 up front

    That offense.. gotta work.. Chester might be back.. Win the cointoss, score on the opening drive - and the continue to run the f0kin ball

    Pass plays to AD and Chester all day long, in the redzone.. THROW IT TO SIDNEY RICE!


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. TD picks us to beat Packers!
    By jkjuggalo in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-28-2007, 12:29 PM
  2. Why We're gonna Beat The Packers - For Sure
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-27-2007, 12:46 AM
  3. Even if the Vikes beat the Packers, do you think... ???
    By vikesfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-23-2005, 06:57 PM
  4. We can beat the packers in lambeau but
    By vikingsalltheway in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-02-2005, 09:19 PM
  5. We beat Jac and packers lost to them
    By vikingsalltheway in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-19-2004, 10:43 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •