Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Packers Game

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Packers Game

"poult" wrote:
    "GoVikesGo989" wrote:
    Ok, lets be honest here. If the Vikes won by a bad call, we would all be saying "oh well, a win is a win and we'll take it", we wouldnt be complaining about refs, so give it a rest.
    oh get off the bandwagon and go back to the cheese.
    Yeah, honestly. The only thing worse than a packer fan is a bandwagon fan. One year they will be here cheering you on, the next year they will be on another team's bandwagon and trashing their old team.

BTW, the day that the Vikes get a good call for them to win a game is the day when....well...it will never happen. If there is a phantom call in any big play of any Vikings game it is against us! TO TD, multiple phantom holding calls, Brooks running TD that was short by a yard or two. I'm sure I could find more if you really wanted me to...

However, if that were to ever happen, I would be classy and honest about it and admit that it was the wrong call. I'm not going to be an a$$ and rub a loss in some other team's face because we won on some phantom call. I think that is a horrible way to win a game.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

Packers Game

It was a bad call, esp. in a close game. I would be pissed if I were a Redskin fan. Was there illegal motion? yes... was it anymore than happens on most plays? No... But there are calls like that every year for every team. Remember, the ref threw the flag before the pass was even completed.

just an honest answer....
    3 Straight Division Champs

GBMiah is offline Rookie

Packers Game

Kleiny, I guess we'll agree to disagree. I think if you polled the Leagues rules committee they would probably vote toward my thinking 32-0. but thats neither here nor there.

And a big "NO" to your statement of that called back TD being the deciding factor. there was about 2:38 minutes left. MORE then enough time. Meaning that call was NOT a game deciding call because of that fact. And again, while I agree the call was iffy at the least, i can see where the ref flagged it. Because you have to show that your in "set" when the ball is snapped and the ball was snapped just as he got to his position with no time to establish being "set" its a ticky tack call I will agree and I probably wouldnt have flagged it. But the game was FAR from over if the TD counted (all they needed was a FG)
    Inhale it. Savor it. Drink with your eyes and taste with every fiber of your flesh, revelations come through experience.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Packers Game

"superior230bartime" wrote:
    Worry about your own fucking team for once. Once again, just as 3 weeks ago when 5 minutes after the Packer loss to the Titans there was 130 post thread about the demise of the Packers, you guys prove again what team you are more interested in. Of course , you fail to mention, that right before the Redskins scored the TD to get within 6 the Packers intercepteed the ball which was overturned by a questionable holding call on Ahmad Carrol. Seriously, you guys should seek medical assistance for this statewide Packer obsession you guys have.
    This coming from a guy (?) who says that he is a Packer fan but is posting on a Vikings board... :scratch: :bootyshake:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Packers Game

Seriously, though...I really noticed a high number of "odd calls" in that game. There was one call where the Redskins had a play called back because a player was in front of another player at the snap. I had never seen that call made before.

And, as I said before, they had made at least 3-4 pre-snap calls on illegal motion, illegal shifts, and other stuff like that before that one play.

The flag was thrown before Brunell had even tossed the ball, so I'm not sure we can say the Redskins got that screwed. To be honest, there were a bunch of overlly picky calls that, if they hadn't been made, the Packers may have gone on to score two more TD's, and that Portis play never would have mattered.

I'm being unbiased, or at least as much as I can be. If they hadn't been calling those calls throughout the game, and THEN laid that one on the Redskins in the 4th quarter, I'd be ticked.

I've been a ref, and the one thing you learn is that, whether you call the right calls or the wrong calls, it is more important to do it consistently.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

poult is offline Asst. Coach

Packers Game

the kerry campaign paid off the refs.........

what kinda stat is that anyway, 16 staright elections have gone like that? thats pretty odd.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Packers Game

I've been a ref for years, same deal. Consistentancy is very important. No one is ever 100% right, coach, player, fan. THat's the beauty of sports and why every week is a joy.

superior230bartime is offline Pro-Bowler

Packers Game

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Worry about your own fucking team for once. Once again, just as 3 weeks ago when 5 minutes after the Packer loss to the Titans there was 130 post thread about the demise of the Packers, you guys prove again what team you are more interested in. Of course , you fail to mention, that right before the Redskins scored the TD to get within 6 the Packers intercepteed the ball which was overturned by a questionable holding call on Ahmad Carrol. Seriously, you guys should seek medical assistance for this statewide Packer obsession you guys have.
    This coming from a guy (?) who says that he is a Packer fan but is posting on a Vikings board... :scratch: :bootyshake:

Actually, i am posting on an anti-packer board since it is as much that as it is a "viking board". Viking fans are all over packer boards that don't even promote viking hatred so I don't really understand why it puzzles you guys so much why there are some Packer fans that show up here. Looking at all the anti-Packer stuff on the front page alone should explain this concept to you. By the way, congratulations on posting 1500 times in your first month on the board....could you possibly lead a more pathetic existence?
    purplepride.org: Home of Disillusioned Vikings Fans World-wide

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Packers Game

"cajunvike" wrote:

Actually, i am posting on an anti-packer board since it is as much that as it is a "viking board". Viking fans are all over packer boards that don't even promote viking hatred so I don't really understand why it puzzles you guys so much why there are some Packer fans that show up here. Looking at all the anti-Packer stuff on the front page alone should explain this concept to you. By the way, congratulations on posting 1500 times in your first month on the board....could you possibly lead a more pathetic existence?

Only if I had your life, bartime! :bootyshake: :clown:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Packers Game

:withstupid:

Sup dude, go back and read what I wrote in the opening of the thread. I was not talking about the rest of the game or what-not. I did not watch the game, we did not get that game here. I was asking about that one illegal motion play. SO sorry dude, if I did not include a debate about a questionable call on a play that I never heard about in a game that I never saw.

SECONDLY, you are going to feel quite stupid after this...ready? Are you a Vikings fan? Are you on a Viking website? No, you are not a Vikings fan, and Yes, you are on a vikings website, now...to take a quote out of your OWN writing..."Worry about your own fucking team for once." Sorry buddy, but you are the guy on the other team's website. Feel kinda stupid, don't you? :violent3:
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast