Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Packers Game

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Packers Game

I was following the live play updates for the Pack - Redskins game in the last 3 minutes of that one. I saw that the TD that would give the skins the lead was nullified with an "illegal motion" or "illegal shift" or something like that. Then next play was the Harris INT. That one penalty cost the Redskins the game. FOr anyone watching the game, can you answer completely unbias on wether it looked like the illegal motion could have cause that touchdown? In other words if there was no motion do you think the touchdown would have happened? I was not watching the live game so I do not know.

I think minor calls like that should not be able to completely take away big plays like that. The play completely turned the game from one team to the other. I agree they should be penalized, but only to the severity of the penalty. If the guy accidentally takes a small step then corrects himself, or if he is going down in his stance, and the ball is snapped while the righ foot is one inch off of the ground while he is stepping down to enter his stance a big play like that should not be fully taken back, then pushed back further. They shouldn't have the TD, but maybe put them on the 1 yard line.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

poult is offline Asst. Coach

Packers Game

ive still got the packer post game show on here, and even the announcers on that show said the redskins got hosed on that play.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

GBMiah is offline Rookie

Packers Game

Totally disagree.

Because there is absolutely no consequences to the penalty, sure the TD is taken away but you've gained a butt load of yards despite the fact that you did something Illegal?

I will say that it was a bad call, the actual penalty was minute at best. He seemed to just come to "set" as the ball was snapped. remember he has to be set and estalished, really could have gone either way.

But im sure this has been something that has been discussed at length on message boards across the country. There are absolutely NO incidents where you can blame game on one call, because you never should have let yourself get into a position for it to come down to that anyway.
    Inhale it. Savor it. Drink with your eyes and taste with every fiber of your flesh, revelations come through experience.

Packers Game

ha, now they just said the packers should thank god for the "phantom motion penalty" because they'll never get a gift like that again this year. atleast the packer blitzs reporters are realistic and not completely biased.
    Tender Branson

GoVikesGo989 is offline Waterboy

Packers Game

Ok, lets be honest here. If the Vikes won by a bad call, we would all be saying "oh well, a win is a win and we'll take it", we wouldnt be complaining about refs, so give it a rest.
    Former Pack fan

SKOL Vikes

Packers Game

"GoVikesGo989" wrote:
    Ok, lets be honest here. If the Vikes won by a bad call, we would all be saying "oh well, a win is a win and we'll take it", we wouldnt be complaining about refs, so give it a rest.
    oh get off the bandwagon and go back to the cheese.
    Tender Branson

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Packers Game

"GBMiah" wrote:
    Totally disagree.

Because there is absolutely no consequences to the penalty, sure the TD is taken away but you've gained a butt load of yards despite the fact that you did something Illegal?

I will say that it was a bad call, the actual penalty was minute at best. He seemed to just come to "set" as the ball was snapped. remember he has to be set and estalished, really could have gone either way.

But im sure this has been something that has been discussed at length on message boards across the country. There are absolutely NO incidents where you can blame game on one call, because you never should have let yourself get into a position for it to come down to that anyway.
    Yeeeeah, i'm gunna have to kinda disagree with you there. This game did come down to that one call. If it wouldn't have been called the Skins would have won, hands down. Favre was hurting and he would not have had it in him to throw the ball down the field to win it.

Also, in such a critical situation the penalty for such a small thing like that should not completely nullify a lead changing TD. If the WR pushed the DB away from the ball then caught then yeah, take away the TD and push them back, but for something like that which had no influence on the play at all it is BS. I do not know exactly how it should be handled, the above penalties were just suggestions, but what happened there today should not have happened.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Packers Game

Actually, I'm not sure it was a bad call, they just called it on the wrong guy.

I think they called it on a different player, and the announcers were having a field day saying he never moved.

But, if you look carefully at the guy in motion on that play, he came across the line, turned towards the line of scrimmage, seemed to take a stutter step forward, then stopped completely. An instant later, the ball was hiked.

That could have been a penalty for either not being set for a full second before the play was called, or drifting towards the line of scrimmage before the ball was hiked.

Personally, I think the call is a lot like holding. It happens on every play...its just a matter of getting away with it. They are more likely to call it when it directly interferes with what happens on the play, and in this case, they felt it did.

If they hadn't called GB for the same call three times earlier in the game, I might be more willing to concede it was a bad call, but since the Pack had a couple of drives halted because of the same calls, I'm not going to be that sympathetic.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

GBMiah is offline Rookie

Packers Game

Nah he's right, i know it hurts but its the truth. I catch myself doing the same thing on occasion as well.
    Inhale it. Savor it. Drink with your eyes and taste with every fiber of your flesh, revelations come through experience.

superior230bartime is offline Pro-Bowler

Packers Game

Worry about your own fucking team for once. Once again, just as 3 weeks ago when 5 minutes after the Packer loss to the Titans there was 130 post thread about the demise of the Packers, you guys prove again what team you are more interested in. Of course , you fail to mention, that right before the Redskins scored the TD to get within 6 the Packers intercepteed the ball which was overturned by a questionable holding call on Ahmad Carrol. Seriously, you guys should seek medical assistance for this statewide Packer obsession you guys have.
    purplepride.org: Home of Disillusioned Vikings Fans World-wide

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast