Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Packers File Tampering Charges Against Vikings

"SnoBumMN" wrote:
    It's always something, isn't it...

Count on the Vikes to stir things up just as the NFL was dropping to the bottom of the sports-ticker barrel. It is a huge stretch that Favre would ever end up in Minnesota anyway. I think if he leaves the Pack, it will be via trade or eventual contract expiration. They really don't want him ending up in the NFC North.

I do, however, think that the Vikes bigwigs will play hardball when forced to do so. If this crap costs us draft picks, I would be surprised if they didn't do everything possible to snag him, fueled partially by spite.

That said, I still don't think it'll happen. The Vikings will be fined, Favre will throw interceptions somewhere else, and things won't be much different then we thought they would be two weeks ago. I believe the punishment will fit the crime, and I don't think there was much (if any) harm done.

Why would we get fined? They can't prove anything just a bullshit effort to draw attention away from themselves.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Sources: Packers say Vikings tampered with Favre[/size]

by Jay Glazer
    Senior NFL Writer
    FOXSports.com

Updated: July 16, 2008, 6:14 PM EST

As the days roll by, the Brett Favre saga seems to get stranger and stranger. Now the soap opera has shifted to a new level...

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

"FuadFan" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:

Count on the Vikes to stir things up just as the NFL was dropping to the bottom of the sports-ticker barrel. It is a huge stretch that Favre would ever end up in Minnesota anyway. I think if he leaves the Pack, it will be via trade or eventual contract expiration. They really don't want him ending up in the NFC North.

I do, however, think that the Vikes bigwigs will play hardball when forced to do so. If this crap costs us draft picks, I would be surprised if they didn't do everything possible to snag him, fueled partially by spite.

That said, I still don't think it'll happen. The Vikings will be fined, Favre will throw interceptions somewhere else, and things won't be much different then we thought they would be two weeks ago. I believe the punishment will fit the crime, and I don't think there was much (if any) harm done.

Why would we get fined? They can't prove anything just a bullshit effort to draw attention away from themselves.
    But this isn't a court of law. They don't have to prove it. They handle each instance on a case-by-case basis, and determine if any punishment is necessary. I'm not sure what, if anything that we haven't seen, prompted this, but I'm sure it didn't come out of the blue.
    -Sno

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Report: Packers file tampering charges against Vikings[/size]

July 16th, 2008 – 5:54 PM

by Judd Zulgad
    startribune.com

The Packers have filed tampering charges with the NFL against the Vikings for alleged communication with quarterback Brett Favre, according to the Fox Sports website...

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Garland" wrote:
    If he is retired what difference does it make who he talks to?
    He is not officially retired. He never signed any papers. He is on some kind of reserve on the Packers roster.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    If he is retired what difference does it make who he talks to?
    That's a great question..
    Even though he is retired, they own his rights for 2 more seasons.
    He is not allowed to discuss playing for a team with any other organization. However, he and Bevell can talk about:

1)the current state of hip - hop
    2)the black struggle in America
    3)Who is hotter: Megan Good or that chick from Baby Boy

all they want until the cows come home.

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "FuadFan" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:

But this isn't a court of law. They don't have to prove it. They handle each instance on a case-by-case basis, and determine if any punishment is necessary. I'm not sure what, if anything that we haven't seen, prompted this, but I'm sure it didn't come out of the blue.

Well if it is true then it is the rare occurrence where we can't get upset at the Packers, only
    to steal some of the words of Peyton Mannning,
    the liquored up offensive coordinator.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

I think the only way they can prove tampering is if Favre cooperates with the packers. This looks like an effort by Thompson to make sure Favre isn't playing against him on September 8th. I guess it would look like tampering if he got released and immediately signed with us. In any case, screw the packers!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

The league needs to change the rules for if you announce your retirement in a press conference you need to sign the papeers right there

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

Thats bull i swear if Tjack has a bad season, i blame it all on this. You guys can say all you want, i know this is going to his head and screwing his mind.

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast