Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Packers fans on some serious cheese or drugs!

For a few good laughs, go to the official Packers website. They have a variety of polls up there, with some quite interesting results. For instance, today's poll asks the question, since the beginning of the 2003 season til now, which team is the most improved in the NFC North?

Now, I may not be able to disagree with the Lions at 59%, given their acquistions the past two seasons (Bly, Rogers, Williams, and others). But laughably, they ranked the Pack 2nd at 22%, followed by the Bears at 10% and the Vikings at only 7%!

I guess they didn't notice the Vikings winning three more games in 2003 over 2002, or the dramatic increase in takeaway/giveaway ratio, or the All-Rookie DT the Vikings got last year, the Pro Bowl CB they signed in the offseason, or the collegiate sack leader they drafted in April. Meanwhile, the Pack lost two more games in 2003 than they did in 2002, signed no free agents of consequence in the offseason, traded up to get a punter in the draft, the WR they signed to a five year extension near the end of the 2002 season fell all the way to the #3 spot, and their top CB is demanding to be traded. Oh yeah, they did have a very nice rookie MLB last season.

Some of the other funny things involve ranking of the Packers draft (9% gave it an A, 34% a B), yet only 4% of the fans thought the Packers should draft a punter. And 71% think that the Packers have a 75% chance (or better) of beating the Panthers in Carolina on MNF to open the season. Only 5% gave the Pack a less than 50-50 shot of winning.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Packers fans don't have brains, their skulls are filled with cheese, barley and hops so that would explain these rankings!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Packers fans on some serious cheese or drugs!

"purplepat" wrote:
    For a few good laughs, go to the official Packers website. .
    Yes that is funny :lol: I can't wait too beat them twice this year
    and put and end to their illusions.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Name a year when the packer fans didn't think that they were the end all be all and they were definately headed for the bowl. no question.

I can;t think of a year when they didn't think so. they call it being a devoted fan and make fun of the realists. but really they are deluded fans, not devoted
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

It's a packers web site, what do you expect? The are baised towards the pack.. We are biased toward the vikings.

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

When was the last time the Vikings won the division? This is an aweful lot of talk from a team that went 6-0 last year and didn't make the playoffs. You might have the talent on paper, but until the attitudes and coaching improve you will be nothing more than hopefuls.
    3 Straight Division Champs

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Well Pacman we were a play away from winning it last year despite going 3-7 in the last 10 games, so even the most ignorant Packer fan cannot discount that it easily could have gone our way last year.

Understand that we are improved, nd have good reason to believe we can pull it out this year.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

The Panther's D-Line is gonna be all over Favre, it's gonna be hilarious to watch. If they can stop Ahman, they've won, as the Pack's D is gonna have a rough time with Stephen Davis.
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

"bigdogbovy" wrote:
    Name a year when the packer fans didn't think that they were the end all be all and they were definately headed for the bowl. no question.

I can;t think of a year when they didn't think so. they call it being a devoted fan and make fun of the realists. but really they are deluded fans, not devoted
    Come one, bigdog. What the $%@* do you expect? Packer fans in the offseason to go on their own site and say, "You know, we kind of suck this year. I sure think those Vikings have got a good thing going." ?

In the offseason, every team is undefeated and has no reason not to expect to make the playoffs.

"briboy75" wrote:
    It's a packers web site, what do you expect? The are baised towards the pack.. We are biased toward the vikings.
    Thanks, bri. Glad to see you are the one with a sense of realism. Biased hope is the basis of being any fan. What kind of athletic supporter would you be if you went into the season expecting your team to suck?
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

[What kind of athletic supporter would you be if you went into the season expecting your team to suck?[/quote]

hopefully not a used one...yuck
    :bootyshake:
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast