Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Packers draft picks

Anyone know how many and which Packer draft choices have signed yet?
    Hey Texpack, has MacKenzie shown up to camp yet?

The last thing they need is a hold out LOL

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Packers draft picks

I think they have everyone signed but Ahmed Carroll or whatever the hell his name is, (the first rounder). McKenzie isn't in camp yet either as far as I know!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Packers draft picks

I just read that he is not in camp... he's working out but he refuses to go!

Packers draft picks

DAM :headbang: I hate when that Happens :-({|= he plays my heart is bleeding Purple for them :lol:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Packers draft picks

I found this posted on another Vikes board - looks like there is only one of their drafts not yet signed - however he is the one touted to replace McKenzie who as yet doesn't seem to have reported to camp.

Maybe Texpack or Los can shed some more light on the status of those two ?

(AP story)

The Green Bay Packers begin full-squad workouts Monday with two big voids.

Left cornerback Mike McKenzie, the team’s top defensive player last year, remained home in Memphis as he continues to seek a trade. Ahmad Carroll, the team’s top draft pick, could be McKenzie’s replacement, but he was the lone unsigned member of the team’s six-player rookie class on Sunday.

The front office, meanwhile, is coping with the death of Mark Hatley, the team’s vice president of football operations, who died last week of a heart attack at age 54.

Coach and general manager Mike Sherman, who attended a memorial service for Hatley in Tulsa, Okla., on Friday, hasn’t said whether he’ll shuffle the personnel department or replace Hatley.

For now, Hatley’s duties will be split primarily among pro personnel director Reggie McKenzie, college scouting director John Dorsey and John Schneider, assistant to the general manager.

“We’re just going to keep things status quo right now and address those at the proper time,” Sherman said.

And Sherman remains adamant about McKenzie’s holdout. He made his strongest public statement yet following Wednesday’s annual shareholders meeting when he said, “I’m not going to renegotiate a contract with three years left on it. (McKenzie) has to come back on the terms of the team.”

Sherman can start fining McKenzie for each day he misses, starting Monday. If his holdout lasts into the season, he would be docked $161,764 per week.

The Packers will open camp without two starters and a key backup on their offensive line. Guard Mike Wahle (bruised left femur) and center Mike Flanagan (left knee tendinitis) will start camp on the physically unable to perform list, along with backup tackle Brennan Curtin (groin) and cornerback Chris Johnson, who has a stress fracture in his left shin.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Packers draft picks

McKenzie...*sigh* Sherman is simply going to play "Duce Staley" with him, and see where it goes. He's not going to trade him for less than he established as proper value (a first-rounder and another player or lower round draft pick). Chances he is going to get that are probably pretty slim, so like Staley, he's either going to sit out quite a while and pay through the nose, or get back to camp. The Eagles donated all of Staley's fines to charity last year, by the way. It's tough, but it is the best way to go. There have been murmurs and rumbles that there are other players feeling underpaid on the team (which is a problem when your coach is also the GM), and MS has to set a tone in dealing with the whiners who don't want to honor their contract.

On the Ahmed Carroll front, he's killing himself. He wasn't as impressive as Joey Thomas in the minicamps, and by coming in late, he's putting his little body back even further. It is interesting to note, that of the five first-rounders not yet signed, four are represented by the same agent, and that agent has only one of HIS five first-rounders signed. So, this may be some tactic by Carrol's agent to get a better commissioner or something.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Packers draft picks

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    McKenzie...*sigh* Sherman is simply going to play "Duce Staley" with him, and see where it goes. He's not going to trade him for less than he established as proper value (a first-rounder and another player or lower round draft pick). Chances he is going to get that are probably pretty slim, so like Staley, he's either going to sit out quite a while and pay through the nose, or get back to camp. The Eagles donated all of Staley's fines to charity last year, by the way. It's tough, but it is the best way to go. There have been murmurs and rumbles that there are other players feeling underpaid on the team (which is a problem when your coach is also the GM), and MS has to set a tone in dealing with the whiners who don't want to honor their contract.

On the Ahmed Carroll front, he's killing himself. He wasn't as impressive as Joey Thomas in the minicamps, and by coming in late, he's putting his little body back even further. It is interesting to note, that of the five first-rounders not yet signed, four are represented by the same agent, and that agent has only one of HIS five first-rounders signed. So, this may be some tactic by Carrol's agent to get a better commissioner or something.
    Much as I'm not a packer fan - no surprise there ! - I have to agree with the stance taken by them. It seems that every year more and more draftees are involved in holdouts and so lose valuable time learning that the NFL is nothing like playing college football. I know the NFL has the rookie pool in place but maybe they need to do something in terms in laying down guidelines for the various slots in the draft. As Los says certain agents are getting to be pains in the butt when it comes to negotiating contracts for players.
    The issue of McKenzie is common everywhere, what seems a huge deal when they sign is then dwarfed a year or two down the line when someone else lands a biggie contract. If one player gets away with it then everyone will try it on and it becomes one vicious circle
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Packers draft picks

The last thing the pack needs is a hold out... lol

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Packers draft picks

They're all pamped babies that if they don't get their way, they're not going to work!! It's a bunch of bu!!sh!t! It makes me sick that these guys have this type of power!! I hate the packers as much as the next vikings fan, but I do respect what they are doing on the McKenzie front!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Packers draft picks

check out what AP say and the knee problems at Green bay oooch that hurts :-({|=

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=551&ncid=716&e=10&u=/ap/20040802/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_packers_carroll

:blackeye:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast