Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Packers corners having trouble with Javon Walker in minicamp

"TEXPACK" wrote:
    Robinson won't be raping many deep this year he's a posession reciever. I am more afraid of him inside the 20 yard line.

Bennett is best stopped by disrupting the offensive line up the middle. He like most backs seem to be less threatening when he's facing the sidelines. Bennett isn't much to tackle if he's not at full speed. He wasn't in college and I don't see much difference now. The right side of the Vike O-line isn't very impressive. Odds are the vikings will run Left a lot this year. I look for the Packers to keep the Vikings under 24 points in Green Bay and less than 30 points in the dome.

Who's stopping Green Bay??

It will probably come down to turnovers it usually does.
    As someone who has lived his entire life in Chicago, Texpack, I can tell you that Robinson is a big play receiver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

The right side of the line is pretty impressive when we got the sauce pancaking your LBs

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

TWISTED is offline Training Camp

I don’t think it will be a one, two punch more like a 1,2,3,4 combo. If we spread out into 4 wide receiver set, that could be scary. Moss, Robinson, Burleson, and Cambell..... Talk about everything you need. Moss, the best receiver in the game. Robinson, the possession guy... also a proven veteran. Burleson, a do everything guy. Crisp routes, has speed, size and hands. Don’t try to cover him with a safety straight up. Then you have Cambell who's your little speed burner guy. Oooops we forgot about #16 and he's streakin down the sidelines. But there is no help back there b/c they sent Moss as a decoy. We saw plenty of that last year, and expect to see plenty more this year. Man, now that I think about it... this offense is gonna be scary good.
    cf7231f7c41f3d4c4e95634c9d920584

Dam let the games Begin
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

TEXPACK is offline Pro-Bowler

Twisted, Randy84, and others,

I appreciate all of your enthusiastic remarks about the Vikings. I agree you should field an improved team in 2004.

#1 I never stated Robinson wasn't a capable compliment to Moss. I just stated I didn't fear him going downfield on the Packers. That said I realize Burleson/Campbell are capable of stretching a defense. Of course this implies Culpepper has time to throw downfield.

I think the Packers would be better off letting that happen than letting Moss shred them again and again. One thing I have noticed in watching the Vikings play is that teams which seem to take Moss out of the game early usually never have to worry about him later in the game. Just an observation.

#2 I remember Moe and Ontario do you remember Hunt, Jackson, and Barnett? If the Vikings wish to run it down the Packers throats it is a MISTAKE! I don't think your interior line is consistantly capable of combination blocking essential for good traps. Simply put they are too big.

#3 The Vikings will give opponents a heavy dose of the Moss ratio and Bennett off tackle, draws, and counter draws. I think they should it has been a recipe of offensive success. What happens if Moss goes down with an ankle, knee, or toe for 3-5 weeks?

The Packers beat Minnesota soundly in the dome last year and the Vikings beat Green Bay at Lambeau. The Vikings must learn to win on the road or it will be another year of disappointments. The Packers will not lose to the Vikings at home again and I hope you all are not counting on it?

Let's face it there are good quality atheletes on both teams on both sides of the ball. All of them can rise to the challenge on any given Sunday. I think the Vikings may be better served looking for some better team players instead of better players on their team. If they had in the past you should have 5 superbowls.
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will all be judged by only one thing - the result." --Vince Lombardi

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

I will give this up to y'all: Our DBackfield is definately our weakest area right now.

On the other hand, Walker has the potential to really be a star. He was a first-rounder for a reason, and he has the professional drive to succeed (he was already a minor league baseball player). However, he scored an 8 or something on the Wonderlic test, which places him somewhere around "tree fungus" in the football intellect world. My hopes is he's been a slow learner and is ready to take his physical skills and take over the game.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

"TEXPACK" wrote:
    #3 The Vikings will give opponents a heavy dose of the Moss ratio and Bennett off tackle, draws, and counter draws. I think they should it has been a recipe of offensive success. What happens if Moss goes down with an ankle, knee, or toe for 3-5 weeks?
    Then our reciever core will be almost as bad as yours :laughing3:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234