Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Packers corners having trouble with Javon Walker in minicamp

After an exhausting offseason training regiment, Javon Walker believes he's ready to surpass Donald Driver and Robert Ferguson as the Packers' No. 1 receiver. Phoenix trainer Brett Fischer had Walker run routes and sprints wearing a 30-pound vest. He also caught passes while standing on one leg and while wearing elastic bands that extended from his waist to his wrists. The result: Walker was virtually unstoppable against the Packers' cornerbacks in minicamp.

------------------------------------------------

Hahaha, good look with Moss!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

TWISTED is offline Training Camp

Is that fat headed Mike McKensie even there? That could possibly be the reason. Al Harris is a nickle DB, always has been always will be.
    cf7231f7c41f3d4c4e95634c9d920584

VKG4LFE is online now Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Well, they don't have the greatest corners, especially with McKenzie gone, so that really isn't saying much!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

i take it as a positive, if they cant stop him, they cant even think of stopping Mr.Moss or Robinson for that matter
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Packers corners aint even that great in the first place. There prolly decent at best. Dont know if mckenizie was there or not.

I think we have better corner then they do in williams and winfield.

Would like to see winfield shut him down when we play in nov and dec.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Am I the only one who is VERY impressed with the play of Brian Williams. Last year he shut down pretty much anyone he faced with the exception of Torry Holt who had a good game with quick slants and skinny posts, which are extremely tough to defend if executed properly. Two years ago when he was thrown into the mix I thought he preformed quite admirably as well. A few mental errors but showed tons of promise and natural ability. I am going to go on the record right now and say it. The DB's are now the strength of the Viking defense. Yes I know, it sounds weird to me too. Williams will continue to improve, and as soon as the media recognizes what I have seen in him, he'll get more calls goin his way... new rules or not. Winfield will still be a solid, scrappy little corner, and a fantastic open field tackler. Chavous provides the smarts and leadership. Russell will still be lurking in centerfield to snag INT's. Plus don’t forget Kenny Irvin he makes a terrific 3rd corner for nickel and dime. He doesn’t have the wheels to stay with the elite receivers anymore, but he can cover the 3rd option guys. Plus Ty Carter is back, who will be helpful in dime situations. Plus he likes to lay the wood to unsuspecting victims. Everyone can mark my words right now.

your on dude it is going to be a great year Full of surprise for the other guys
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Who said you were the only one, twisted? He was ranked the #20 cornerback in the league by pro football weekly. I think we are all excited about how he is developing.

I can honestly say I was impressed by Javon Walker last year. He is certainly improving and is the Packers best receiver. Not that I think we can't handle him but he is certainly not given alot of respect on this board..

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

#20 I guess that's pretty fair. Agter this year I'm expecting him to be ranked more in the 8-12 range. I assume Winfield had to be in the top 20 as well, right? So the way I see it, we now have two of the better (young) corners in the league. All we need is some heat from Hovan and Company and it will be another pick filled season!! Exciting stuff

CrewJenks04 is offline Training Camp

Sorry to interrupt your little circle jerk guys. Even without McKenzie, our d-backs are better then your crap. If McKenzie ends up staying, it isn't even close. He is a much better corner then Winfield could even dream of being. Winfield is closer to Al Harris in talent then he is to Mike.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast