Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

@ Packers: B is for Blitz, Z is for zone blitz !!

I think we should blitz Aaron Rodgers a lot and then mix it up with zone blitzes. Normally, when we blitzed Favre, they would react with the slant to Driver. We need to know this and I am sure it is still in their playbook. We blitz once or twice and then show blitz and drop back and disrupt that slant to the WRs. It should work.

One thing is for sure: Rookie QB = BLITZ HIM !!!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: @ Packers: B is for Blitz, Z is for zone blitz !!

I am sure we will see the same thing. Chilly and company are so predictable.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"StillPurple" wrote:
    I think we should blitz Aaron Rodgers a lot and then mix it up with zone blitzes. Normally, when we blitzed Favre, they would react with the slant to Driver. We need to know this and I am sure it is still in their playbook. We blitz once or twice and then show blitz and drop back and disrupt that slant to the WRs. It should work.

We definately don't need to blitz unless our front 4 can't get pressure on young Rodgers.

If they can't then yes, a few blitz's will probably help, however, we all know that using our LB'rs for blitzing makes us funerable to things like slants to Driver.

One thing for sure, we paid enough for JA so that we don't have to blitz.
    JA = NO BLITZ
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"marstc09" wrote:
    I am sure we will see the same thing. Chilly and company are so predictable.
    Exactly... I think people will really start blaming Childress this year. As much as I'm hopeful for a successful year, I honestly think our weakness is our HC and OC.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

We definately don't need to blitz unless our front 4 can't get pressure on young Rodgers.

If they can't then yes, a few blitz's will probably help, however, we all know that using our LB'rs for blitzing makes us funerable to things like slants to Driver.

JA = NO BLITZ

;D
    Couldn't have said it much better myself.

Except for the word vulnerable. That one I wouldn't have screwed up
    ;D

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Mr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

JA = NO BLITZ

;D
    Couldn't have said it much better myself.

Except for the word vulnerable. That one I wouldn't have screwed up
    ;D
    Haven't you ever been funerable?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

JA = NO BLITZ

;D
    Agreed. Here is my priority list for the Vikings D.
    1st Stop the run, we know the vikings can do it, but the packers did have success against them last year. If we can completely shutdown the run the defense will be in good shape.
    2ndon't give up the big play, the defense needs to keep the offense if front of them to stop the deep pass. Sure that will leave some of the underneath stuff open but if Rodgers has to complete 7-10 short passes just to get in to field goal range there is a good chance he will make a mistake.
    3rdisrupt the offense, call different formations, occassionally blitz, line players up at different positions, anything to confuse Rodgers and the rest of the offense.

If the defense can hold the pack under 100 yards rushing and not give up any big pass plays it would be hard to imagine the vikings losing. The only way I see them not doing this is if they are overly aggressive with the blitz and the offense beats it for big gains.

I think that blitzing is good because it will draw their response to the blitz for us to see. That is what the zone blitz is used for. It made me mad last year that in that home game, we failed to use the zone blitz and only blitzed. Favre ate that up. But Rodgers is not Favre and I personally would throw the kitchen sink at him in the 1st quarter. If we get burned, so be it. So we go down 14-7 in the 1st quarter. No biggie. The upside is that we might seriously, seriously get inside the guy's head in his first NFL start and on national TV !. We can also throw the blitz and then fake it and drop back into zone and then pick that slant off.

I would do it. Get the guy thinking he is being attacked by a wave of white and purple, and that we have like 15 defenders on the field (I think when you don't have a lot of NFL experience, it will look that way).

The downside to the blitz is we might see him get 1 or 2 big throws.

The upside is, we destroy Rodgers right away on national TV, and he won't recover.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Blitz him!!!

BTW, I do like Allen a lot, but I am not willing to say that just because we have him now, we don't need to blitz anymore ! I think that that is going too far.

Last year, we often blitzed with good effect (exception: against Favre). I recall us blitzing Rivers in the Bolts game and seriously disrupting him and their timing. I recall him not being able to set at all, and that offense was undone by our blitzes.

... and if Rivers can't handle it, can a "virgin" QB on national TV ??!! :

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast