Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Packers

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

Packers

All I can say is, Shit, the Pack's gonna be tough to beat again. I have a bad feeling their gonna ruin my christmas. Oh well, at least if they try that blitzing crap on us, we'll burn them like Daunte burned the cowgirls, but that Pack Offense is looking mighty fine. Double Shit.
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Packers

whackthepack wrote:
    Pack vs Carolina

I am picking Carolina will win 23-14 as the Carolina front line will be chasing Favrah around the backfield most of the game, Ahman Green will have a good night and run for a 100 yards and a TD, but Favrah will have 175 yards and 1 TD, 2 INT (1 for a TD) and be sacked 4 times.

The Pack played better than I thought they would, but you have to admit that Carolina looked bad!!!

Ahman had 119 rushing yards 2 TD, 1 receiving TD
    Favre had 143 yards passing 1 TD (to Ahman) 2 sacks

Carolina killed themselves with turnovers, and their offense & defense looked pathetic.

Not ready to hand the division to you yet.

Did like LB Bennett (he played a good game), but you are blitzing a lot and that can come back to haunt you with the wrong team.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

superior230bartime is offline Pro-Bowler

Packers

"casper" wrote:

Why don't we have a easy schedule like the chesse men :?:
    Since the Packers and Vikings basically play identical schedules, please explain what you're complaining about.
    purplepride.org: Home of Disillusioned Vikings Fans World-wide

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

Packers

Plus, how do you explain playing a team that went to the Superbowl at their stadium on MNF as easy? Suuuuuuuurrrrreeeee.
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

Del Rio Guest

Packers

I'm sure the D cord will not blitz like that all year. Pepper and Manning will eat that up.

But for the team they played last night I thought that was a brilliant Defensive strategy. And they contained the run big time.

Yeah the Pack has just as hard a go around as we do.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Packers

Smith's leg/ankle area looked nasty on the replay!! All bent in the wrong places and stuff!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Packers

I am bummed about Steve Smith. He is from the U of Utah. I am a fan of his. So it goes. The Pack looked great. I hate to say it but they did. And of course it took Madden to bring up the thumb again. I like Madden, but somedays, LOL. It will be FUN to see if the Pack plays an aggresive game like that against us. One game, us or the Pack is no real measure. Philly atm is exciting, but still can't wait til the Vikes head to Lambeau. Especially after the Packs game yesterday.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Packers

WE play essentially the same teams this schedule. Personally the way our schedule is set up with monday against indy then an SUPER-short week against GB on friday, meanwhile GB gets two weeks to gameplan, is a little unfair. But I am not about to use that BS for an excuse. Every team in the NFL is tough, some not as much, but still...

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Big C is offline Coordinator

Packers

I thought both teams looked horrible in the first half. It was either the offense was bad on both teams in the first half or the two defenses were too good. In the second half though, Green Bay's offense took over. The key to beating the Panthers though was to simply shutdown the running game. GB did that nicely and Carolina imploded.

As long as Favre and Green are healthy the Packers will be a playoff contender. Davenport's injury could be a telling blow in to the season too. Only glaring concerns of theirs would be their WRs and CB (at least carrol). The GB WRs really didn't stand out (like years before). I think the most talented WR they had was Glenn and he's now a Cowboy.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Packers

Personally, I know I could sit and argue this with you as Carolina being a stronger opponant than the Cowboys, but you know what?

It doesn't matter a bit who you play, how much you win by, or how good you look doing it.

We're going to play the lowly Bears next week. If we win, it counts as a W. You're going to play the NFC showdown next week against the Eagles. if you win, it will count as a W. Nothing more, nothing less. The only people you will impress are the TV guys, and they really don't matter.

I kind of thought Carolina had a soft schedule last year, and to be honest, if Philly didn't have such an emotional hangover from 4th and 26, I think the Eagles should have won. So, I really don't see the Packer victory as anything more than the Viking victory at this point. We're both 1-0.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast