Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Packers

"vikings_fan66" wrote:
    I think the pack looked very strong in the opener. They will still be a very good team and more than likely it will be a battle for the divisoin title again.

I have been one of the few people on here, saying that I think the pack will be right there with us, as some of the top teams in the NFC and maybe NFL.

Their o-line dominated, just like last year. They can flat out run on anybody. Favre didn't look great, but he did what he had to do.

Like LA said, that blitzing every play D, will work on nobody else. I don't understand why it was so hard for the panthers to adjust to it? I would like to see how the pack do against a team that forces them out of the blitz, before I say there D is good. It did look better than expected though, I will admit. But I think it was a combo of them playing good and the panthers stinking up the place. Hawthorne looks bad out there and we could pick on him all game long with robinson. Batman also made some obvious rookie mistakes.

The panthers have a lot of problems, especially with their O-line. They can't run block for crap and carolina can't move the ball if they can't run. Throw in the fact that steve smith's injury looked pretty bad, they could be well on there way, to being another super bowl team, that sucks the next year. But I agree that it too early to tell that. I have been saying all offseason, that the panthers were one hit wonders, and this game makes me feel a little more confident in that prediction.

Packers

Holy cow, the Panthers sucked! Their defense was simply ugly. Their offense was a joke. If this game and history mean anything, 2004 = bad season for Carolina.
    Even babies know the difference.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Packers

Steve Smith broke his fibula, out indefinately

Tough little receiver, I like him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

GBFan is offline Starter

Packers

Pack lost Grady Jackson for about 4-6 weeks. Ouch. That hurts our defense greatly. RB's will pound through the middle now that Grady won't be there to stop them. Crap.

Packers

"vikings_fan66" wrote:
    I think the pack looked very strong in the opener. They will still be a very good team and more than likely it will be a battle for the divisoin title again.
    From What every one has said the Pucker show some good stuff...cool and As you say VF66 it is always a battle for the title in the Black and Blue Division :lol:

Good game :cheese: ukeright: Dam I hate when that happens ](*,) good luck with you next easy game with Chitown windy :fart: boys at home

Why don't we have a easy schedule like the chesse men :?:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Packers

Running game looked for them and nearly cost me a win in ff. :evil: TOo much ahman green. :angryfire:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

silvermane is offline Rookie

Packers

looks like slowik wasn't kidding about being more aggressive. haven't seen that much blitzing in a long time. but i like the way the packers played the game offensively. they ran the ball well and stuck to what was working. they got superb blocking from the line and ahman green is just too hard to catch once he bursts through the hole.

outcast316 is offline Pro-Bowler

Packers

Wow watching the news here in wisconsin.....why don't they give farve 12 men to follow him around and call him Jesus...and while they are at it might as well call the Packers the 2004-2005 superbowl champs. :roll:
    Signature not changing until the Vikings win the Super Bowl. Started- 7/8/2005

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

Packers

Inpressive showing, but its only one game. Both the Vikings and Packers have stuff to work on, both on defense, and both have significant injusries on defense. It's going to be a great season!!!

A Packers Viking game with the Vikings quick atrike offense and the Packers pounding offense to keep em off the field.... Can you wait??

Anyway, even I didn't expect this.... have a great day everyone...
    3 Straight Division Champs

Del Rio Guest

Packers

That was a great game for the Pack. Once again Favre shined in the spotlight and his passes still have some zip to them. The D fence was awesome. Granted they wont be able to blitz that much all the time, but that was the aggression I wish we showed. Coming to the ball and not waiting for it to come to you.

I know it was game 1, but that was total domination. They really took advantage of Jake's inexperience and a patchwork O-line.

On offense I wasn't surprised. I think Carolina is still one of the best Defenses in the league and that is a testament to GB.

Gonna be a black and blue year for sure.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast