Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers ????

Kleinsasser is offline Rookie

Packers ????

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LosAngelis

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by dart18

True but as crappy as last year was it is over now and in the end all it meant was that we get a beter draft pick then the Pack
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

True...the faint glimmer of hope of the losing team...the draft pick. A slightly better chance in the crap shoot.

Nah..wasn't trying to totally tick you guys off. Packers offense will be very solid, but the d is going to be a problem. But, the belief is that next year is the last chance for this team. Favre will probably retire after this season, and we have a ton of UFA's that will break up the team after 2004. Building time is over, and it's do or die this season.

Its true, this is their last chance, but I am pretty sure that they won't make any noise in the NFL or NFC North for that matter this upcoming season. Other than Green, who I think will be jsut a flash in the pan after the O-Line breaks up, is the only thing they have going for them. Favre is losing his touch. His accuracy and decision making becomes a bigger and bigger problem as his years go on. About three years ago I remember watching one game when he jsut totally fell apart, then it all snowballed. The next year he had probibly two losses that were his fault, now you see him doing it all the time (Eagles x2, lions, vikings first game. The packers are obviously not looking towards the future as they should be, because this is not going to be their year, I am pretty sure that they will get a rude awakening this year. They should be looking for younger players to carry the future team on...but they are not.

NFC north will be somewhat like this next year:

Vikings: 10-5
    Bears: 9-6
    Packers: 7-9
    Lions: 6-10

Estimates on the records, but that is what I think the order will be (still depending on FA and drafts though).
    Latoya Jackson: "Rub a dub dub, thanks for the grub...Yay God!"

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Packers ????

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LosAngelis

Actually, the Packers have very little salary cap room this year.

Can't argue that the Packers are getting worse, though they did finish ahead of all the other teams in the NFC North last season.

And that Los is the only Smack you will be able to add untill opening day.

GET READY FOR THE DIVISION RACE

<font color="purple"><font size="2">THE VIKES JUST GOT A JUMP START</font id="size2"></font id="purple">
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

jmiller1 is offline Rookie

Packers ????

Well guys we hear that he is goin to go every year but he dosn't to bad he wasn't like his dad and rot in hell

yodasnub is offline Waterboy

Packers ????

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jmiller1

Well guys we hear that he is goin to go every year but he dosn't to bad he wasn't like his dad and rot in hell
    Ok...I made a Favre's Dad joke after they lost to the Eagles...but that's just nasty!! Ouch!!

superior230bartime is offline Pro-Bowler

Packers ????

Where have I heard this before??? Hmm....that's right it is the same s**t you guys said last year and say every year

"This is the year of the mighty purple warriors. The pack is going down. Mighty Hovan will decapitate Favre." It's just the same s**t over and over again."

Last year Denard Walker, Claiborne and the boys were the missing link to the Viking dynasty and now you all want Denard Walker gone. You did finally pick up one first tier free agent in Antoine Winfield, so congratulations on that. Marcus Robinson? He won't even be a starter for you.

As for the Pckers not being deserving division champions, I have one question - Who was then? Are you saying the Vikings deserved teh division with the worst collapse of a team in NFL history? Or are you saying Detroit or Chicago deserved the division? Someone deserved it so let me know who you guys think did.

What did you expect the packers to do in the offseason? It was well known they had no cap room to work with. The fact that they resigned Clifton was surprising and only happened because he loves it here since he could have made more money somewhere else.

Offensively, the packers didn't need much. All the pieces are there. Defensively, they need a better pass rush from their D-line and can get help in the draft but even the D-line play was solid the second half of the year after they signed Grady Jackson. In fact go ahead and consider Grady jackson as a free agent signing for the pack. They were smart enough to pick him up last year and resign him during the season before he became a free agent. Compare his numbers to your boy Hovan - it's not even close. They also need defensive back help to replace Marques Anderson, Bwa Jhue and Antuan Edwards who all sucked. But they have Bryant Westbrook coming back who would have been the starter had he not blown out his knee and a guy named Chris Johnson who was a rookie last year that was the fastest player in the draft and was very impressive in the preseason. They'll also pick up a second tier FA corner and will address this issue in the draft.

I'll say right now their biggest weakness is coaching. Donatell is gone and Tom Rossley should be. Hopefully they will learn from their mistakes of last year. The Packers will not be any worse of a team than they were last year and you guys will not be vastly improved if you improve at all.

As for you jmiller, that "rot in hell like his dad" post is right up there with the most classless things I have seen anywhere - along with the Osama Bin ladin should blow up Lambeau Field post that was also on this site. YOu are one 13 year old punk that needs a huge ass kicking. Why don't you go back to your skateboarding and stealing mommies booze from the cupboard instead of displaying your stupidity all over this board?

This is my one post for the offseason. i'll see all you guys in the season when your yearly predictions of greatness are being proven wrong again.
    purplepride.org: Home of Disillusioned Vikings Fans World-wide

superior230bartime is offline Pro-Bowler

Packers ????

Hey guys...check out jmiller's profile under latest news. He got 50 dollars. Congrats jmiller - you are the man.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jmiller1

purplepride.org: Home of Disillusioned Vikings Fans World-wide

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Packers ????

While I admit that the talk in this thread is very reminiscent of last year, there is some basis in what they say. First of all look at the past two years: our record is improving and yours is getting worse. We are improving in all facets while being money wise, while you guys are stagnant and are overpaying for Chad Clifton. I know what you are thinking yah we overpaid Winfield, but we can easily afford to. Anyway, although bartime points out our blind viking pride sometimes, once again this offseason even you have to admit we are building a superbowl team whereas the Packers appear to go through the motions again. Although the vikings have weaknesses, we are cutting them down, we are young and loaded with talent. Whereas the Pack are only getting older, specially at the QB position. It will be hard to improve that D in the draft with a glaring need for a new franchise QB in the next couple years.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Packers ????

hey bartime. we'll just see what we see when we see it. i still think the vikings are gonna be better than the pack this year though. and yes, that comment on farves dad was tasteless. so have one on me brett [Beer]
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Packers ????

Glad bartime is around...saves me the ranting time.

Think of it this way, Viking fans...with all the talent you already had, and all the money you have to spend...you BETTER win the NFC North! In fact, there's really no excuse for you NOT to!

Which means if you don't...well, I won't go there until around November...
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Viking-Moss84 is offline Waterboy

Packers ????

Glad bartime is around...saves me the ranting time.

Think of it this way, Viking fans...with all the talent you already had, and all the money you have to spend...you BETTER win the NFC North! In fact, there's really no excuse for you NOT to!

There would definitely be no excuse for the Vikings not winning the division this year. We've been rebuilding and improving every year for the past 3 years, and I'm very optimistic about this coming season.
    It should be an amazing season for the Vikings as long as:
    1. Our free agent signings aren't a total bust (which seems to be the trend in the past few years)
    2. Our kicking game becomes a little more reliable
    3. Tice's eerie playcalling becomes a little less risky
    4. Our superstars don't suffer season ending injuries

We definitely didn't have much luck on our side last season, but sh*t happens unfortunately. (Thank you Mr. Denard Walker, you suck!!)
    Anyways, could it be another 15-1 season for the Vikings? Well it's a possibility, only time will tell.

I also expect the Bears and Lions to have tougher teams this season, so it may be a tight race in the NFC North.

[tu]
    A male Packer fan once told me:
    "Birth-control pills are useless...I ate 6 of them the other day but still got my sister pregnant!"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast