Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers ????

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Packers ????

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by dart18

True but as crappy as last year was it is over now and in the end all it meant was that we get a beter draft pick then the Pack
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

True...the faint glimmer of hope of the losing team...the draft pick. A slightly better chance in the crap shoot.

Nah..wasn't trying to totally tick you guys off. Packers offense will be very solid, but the d is going to be a problem. But, the belief is that next year is the last chance for this team. Favre will probably retire after this season, and we have a ton of UFA's that will break up the team after 2004. Building time is over, and it's do or die this season.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

Packers ????

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LosAngelis

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by dart18

True but as crappy as last year was it is over now and in the end all it meant was that we get a beter draft pick then the Pack

True...the faint glimmer of hope of the losing team...the draft pick. A slightly better chance in the crap shoot.

Nah..wasn't trying to totally tick you guys off. Packers offense will be very solid, but the d is going to be a problem. But, the belief is that next year is the last chance for this team. Favre will probably retire after this season, and we have a ton of UFA's that will break up the team after 2004. Building time is over, and it's do or die this season.

That is an easy answer [rip]

sig courtesy of PPE

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

Packers ????

well do you all want me to talk about how we handed the pack the division? exactly and yes you "were" division champs and we sucked it up, year over, and yes the draft pick is the difference, throw in free agency too, were doing a hell of a lot more there as well. Favre is not that good anymore, he cost his team the playoffs (very fun to see that jump ball right to the Eagles) so his time is up, no last hurrah, they are not giving him the people to make a title push at all, he has the talent but where is the defense or the WR's? not to be found in Packerville. Let the rivalry heat up again, we will steamroll the pack this year, they have made no moves to prove otherwise
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

Packers ????

but his interceptions and bad attitude are ok because he "is a competitor" and "a warrior" i love warrior, that one is funny
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

Packers ????

Hey Dart, how about this one....

"Have you ever seen someone who loves the game more than Brett Farve?"

LMAO what a goon!

sig courtesy of PPE

Mossville is offline Starter

Packers ????

Untill we knock them off the top of the division, they will always be the favorites to win. I dont see them winning again this year but I didnt think there was anyway the would last year. As long as we dont choke again, its time for the Vikes to run the Norris for a few years at a minimum

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Packers ????

In answering the original question:

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/freeagents

Green Bay:

Unrestricted:
    Josh Bidwell (P), Antuan Edwards (DB), Antonio Freeman (WR), Michael Hawthorne (DB), Doug Pederson (QB), Larry Smith (DT), Marcus Spriggs (OT), Wesley Walls (TE)

Restricted:
    Bhawoh Jue (DB), Torrance Marshall (LB), David Martin (TE)

Not Tendered:
    Bobby Jackson (S), Rod Walker (DT)

Re-Signed:
    Chad Clifton (OT), Curtis Fuller (S)

Additions:
    None

Subtractions:
    Gilbert Brown (DT) (Released 3/3)

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Packers ????

well do you all want me to talk about how we handed the pack the division? exactly and yes you "were" division champs and we sucked it up, year over, and yes the draft pick is the difference, throw in free agency too, were doing a hell of a lot more there as well. Favre is not that good anymore, he cost his team the playoffs (very fun to see that jump ball right to the Eagles) so his time is up, no last hurrah, they are not giving him the people to make a title push at all, he has the talent but where is the defense or the WR's? not to be found in Packerville. Let the rivalry heat up again, we will steamroll the pack this year, they have made no moves to prove otherwise

Hey, Dart, I don't know if making moves is what translates into improving. I can think of several dynasty teams that didnt change much at all over their reign and kept winning. Even the Rams have been perpetually in it the past 5 years with very little turnover.

Packers simply don't have room to move or sign free agents. Hopefully, from my standpoint, that means our team that was good enough to win last year is good enough this year, too. But I would be lying if I wasn't worried about our defense. We have some new coaches there, so that might help. I swear Sherman and his assistants have ADD while coaching games, so maybe that switch is a good one.

I agree Favre isn't that QB he was, and he looked ADD at times, last year, too. The biggest thing he has going, as I said, is the feeling this is the do or die year, and that the rest of the team rallies around him like they did at the end of last season.

And, oh by the way, I don't think Green Bay or Minnesota will dictate who wins this year. Both the Bears and Lions made major impacts last year, and they've both gotten better. GB/Minn games may be a draw, but how both our teams play in Chicago and Detroit will determine who will win the division.

Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Packers ????

Remember, Chicago and Detroit are improving...........

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Packers ????

A dynasty team is a bout the only kind of team that doesn't need to change, and noone of those exist in the NFL right now. The rams have had alot of turnover in the past 5 years: Ricky Proel, Az-Zahir hakim, Grant Wistrom, Jamie Duncan, Aeneas williams, Jason Sehorn, Dre Bly, Kurt Warner (benched), Dexter McLeon, Trent Green, Trung Canidate, some olinemen I can't remember etc. , that is just off the top of my head. Every team has turn over in this era, in order to remain good. After all you can afford to keep paying all those "dynasty players".

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast