Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Packer Owners?

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Packer Owners?

I know this idiot who is a packer fan, and because they have stock and he owns one share, all I ever hear is the packers are 'my team', you can't say 'my team' your just a fan! Guess how much his stock is worth $0.
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

owensforpres is offline Pro-Bowler

Packer Owners?

well thats not something worth arguin about if he does good for him not like its gonna be worth anything
    699966daa73d890a9f6ec440ad82bccc

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Packer Owners?

My roommate in college got a share as a gift from his folks when the packers sold more shares 7 or 8 years back. You would have thought he won the lottery with how happy he acted. I know it sounds kind of neat to say you're an "owner" of an NFL team, but as far as I know, you don't get any rights or privileges as a shareholder, so the stock is basically just a glorified collecters item.

edit: I will admit, after further reflection, that it would be nice not to have an owner that could threaten to move the team every couple of years.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Packer Owners?

I'm not a shareholder, and wish now that I would have bought that share when I could have.

You're right, it's not a whole lot, but you do get to go to a shareholders meeting once a year and you do get to cast a real-life ballot towards keeping or replacing the team chairman.

My friend is the guy you might see during games who wears the cheesehead with "OWNER" written on the side. He totally lives it up.

It's not as big of a deal as many make it, but it does keep a competitive NFL team in this dinky little town. That's something special, I think, in all of sports.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Packer Owners?

I'm not one to compliment Green Bay in any way... but I think that this team being owned by the fans is great. I wish we had that. They don't have to biatch about the owner and worry about the team getting sold. So in this case... I think that the pack fans have something to be proud of... lord knows its not the team itself! hehe

Vikerliker76 is offline Training Camp

Packer Owners?

They're definately proud of their team and to be the only locally owned franchise. I know this sounds like treason, but I wish our fans had their type of loyalty, honestly. It seems as though most of us do here, but I know y'all know what I mean. Now, the majority of Packer fans do walk around with "blinders" on and do not respect other teams or players in the league, especially in the division. THAT I can live without. I guess I'm just saying, don't ever question their loyalty, as assinine(?) as it seems at times.
    GOD, I HOPE WE KICK PACKER ASS THIS YEAR!!!!!
    "Everything I lack, I make up in denial."

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Packer Owners?

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    I'm not a shareholder, and wish now that I would have bought that share when I could have.

You're right, it's not a whole lot, but you do get to go to a shareholders meeting once a year and you do get to cast a real-life ballot towards keeping or replacing the team chairman.

My friend is the guy you might see during games who wears the cheesehead with "OWNER" written on the side. He totally lives it up.

It's not as big of a deal as many make it, but it does keep a competitive NFL team in this dinky little town. That's something special, I think, in all of sports.
    Okay, I didn't realize that they had shareholder's meetings, or that they got to vote. My roommate never mentioned that. I guess the stock is more than just a $200 piece of paper.

edit: hey, this was my 100th post. Now it's official: I waste too much time here, but we all know that won't change.

Packer Owners?

haha... so do I josdin... but this is how I spend my work day... much better then working!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Packer Owners?

tried, is that really the correct spelling of biatch? :-)
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Packer Owners?

of course it is!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast