Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    JWalkRulz84 is offline Rookie

Packer Fans in Denial

Many Packer fans come here and become critical of moves the Vikes have mad thus far. I find that a little bit ridiculous simply because the Vikes were a very bad defensive team with little team chemistry last season. They have decided not to stand pat and make some aggressive moves not towards the future, but to win NOW. Something the Packers have been unable to do the last 2 offseasons.

First off, the trade for Moss. We won't find out who benefitted from this trade for probably 2 years. But overall, the Vikes got Napoleon Harris and Troy Williamson for Randy Moss. That right there takes the distraction away from this team and team chemistry is boosted. The Vikes then went on a rampage and picked up Fred Smoot, Darren Sharper, Pat Williams, Sam Cowart, Travis Taylor, and Brad Johnson to bolster positions in dier need of help. As opposed to the Packers who lost Rivera and Wahle, and picked up Matt O'Dwyer and Adrain Klemm to fill those holes. After losing Darren Sharper, the Pack went and got Earl Little and Arturo Freeman. In the draft, not only did the Vikes find 2 players that will be impact players immediately, but they found players for the future as well. The Packers picked only for the future. I dont believe any of our picks will make immediate impacts.

Im sick of reading about jealous Packer fans. We have been so spoiled for the last few years and I know eventhough we do not have the most talented team, that we will field a very competitive team this season. HOWEVER, the Vikes will not go in to their late season swoon here and we will probably go 9-7 and watch the Vikes go 12-4. Thats life. I commend the Vikes for doing something this offseason and look forward to the challenge of playing them twice this season. I also look forward to another season to talking about good football with good football fans such as Cajun and Caine whom I had heated debates with, but we respect each other and each others teams. This is not a crying board for Packer fans. Id like to see how many of you TROLLS are around here midseason...Represent, dont make excuses.
    [img:ebda3835f6]http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/insider/wallpaper/111504/walk640.jpg[/img:ebda3835f6]

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Re: Packer Fans in Denial

**scrubbing eyes* Did I really read that?

Thanks for the props, and like the shot across the bow to your fellow fans. Nice to see you again!

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

I can apploud that!!!
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

wolfpack is offline Waterboy

I have to agree, just cam back over here since Xmas eve and wanted to congrat on a great looking draft.

Queens have a few NCState folks( fellow alum) on the roster with Berton, BWilliams and now Dovonte Edwards.

I thought the Moss trade was great for your team and ours!

see ya in a wild '05 season

- your back-to-back NFC North Champion neighbors

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

I must :salute: any packer that comes to a site named purplepride.org and give a speech like that. It's good to see that not all football fans are biased with every word they speak. I will admit I'm not 100% innocent of thise myself but I try not to be biased with my football opinion. Being biased with your football opinion completely discredits everything you say in my eyes. You're cool in my book jwalk!
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"webmaster" wrote:
    **scrubbing eyes* Did I really read that?

Thanks for the props, and like the shot across the bow to your fellow fans. Nice to see you again!
    Wow...I agree Webby! Thanks to JWalk for being a level headed Packer fan and being respectful of the people on the board. Awesome.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Wow, JWalk...you gush much better than I could ever dream!!!

Just to spite you, though, I'm getting personalized plates with JWALK on them. He he he.

I said it before: the Vikes have finally exorcized the demon, spent the coffers in reserve, and drafted like they aren't mentally challenged.

With Moss, you had no chance to ever win a Super Bowl.

Without him, and a team approach, you have the talent to go. I wouldn't say this year, but if you play some cards right, within a couple of seasons.

But....Bill Belichek is no Mike Tice. You need the coaching to put it all together. That's my only hope in the Packers being able to top you guys again this season, cause not much else has given me such hope.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"wolfpack" wrote:
    I have to agree, just cam back over here since Xmas eve and wanted to congrat on a great looking draft.

Queens have a few NCState folks( fellow alum) on the roster with Berton, BWilliams and now Dovonte Edwards.

I thought the Moss trade was great for your team and ours!

see ya in a wild '05 season

- your back-to-back NFC North Champion neighbors
    Love the screen name . us people from cary need to represent the wolfpack! I actually didn't know that we had dovonte edwards. I loved how he played in college.

As for Jwalk i can't help but agree. You,Bono, and Los have given us credit on our offseason and the rest of the packers fans laugh and say that the packers are super bowl bound.

PurpleElf Guest

Did I see a Packer fan give the Vikings credit?

**putting hand to the ground, still warm eh, there is no snow in he!!**

Much props, intelligence does lie within the confines of Packer land.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Nice to see the cream rise to the top.

Los is right nobody can confused Tice with a brain surgeon, hope the rest of his staff can keep him medicated and we'll be fine.

If the Vikes need a break on Mike's meds I'm sure the fans here in Canada will see what we can round up for him.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast