Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Packer Column at PurplePride?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by vikings_fan66

Screw the pack. This is a Vikings message board lets keep it like that. The packers can go to there own board

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

It's fine by me, my friend.

I also wasn't referring to the message board, but the PurplePride website, which has a large amount of anti-Packer paraphanilia all over it. Thought perhaps a column would be welcome, but if it isn't, it is no skin off my back.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

looks like it is half and half here. I personally think that it would be a good idea. Webby is the one to talk to about it though

I like the idea[tu]

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by RandyMoss8404

I like the idea. The joke in your sig made me laugh too.
    Ya.......I liked the joke too

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Do we have a fan from the opposing side that can put together a string of coherent sentences? I'm not opposed; although all of our articles are Vikings based, not in review of the forums from a Sconnie fan. We all know what they think... [chug]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LosAngelis

I see some fairly good colunnists here at Purple Pride...how about the "opposing view" available? Would you think it would be good to have a Packer fan talking about the Viking/Packer rivalry as the season goes on?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by webmaster

Do we have a fan from the opposing side that can put together a string of coherent sentences? I'm not opposed; although all of our articles are Vikings based, not in review of the forums from a Sconnie fan. We all know what they think... [chug]

My thought was more a view of the draft from the Packer perspective. You know, in addition to watching your own team, you watch the division rivals and who they pick (watching the Bears pick up Grossman last year after the Packers all but signed him). Thought it would be neat to hear what a Packer fan would have to say when you guys draft Maurice Clarett (ha ha, just kidding--but reaction to perhaps a prime pickup or a dud).

Then, as training camp goes on, some interesting articles not on the Packers, but how we're sizing one another up.

Then, as the season goes on, commentary about the division race and how the rivalry is being affected by the improvements of the Bears and Lions, as well as commentary on the perceived strengths and weaknesses of both our teams.

And, of course, win or lose, professional, intelligent commentary on the Vikes/Packer games (with perhaps a bit of trash thrown in).

I'm sure a regular portion would be dedicated to those writing in to trash whatever was written because it was written by a Packer fan.

Just an idea.

How me sentences stringicated too gether, Webbee?
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Sure, act like a eeediot. Swell strategy.

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Well, I have get enough grief from packer fans when we lose and they win. I don't need someone posting it on the main page of the site I go to for comfort as well. If you want to deabte, I think thats what the forums are for.

I mean I see the logic in it. It isn't a bad Idea or anything. I just don't like it.

One of the best things about this site is that it spreads Anti-Packer propaganda. We get enough Pro-Packer crap from John Madden. I like to read a Packer joke and know that this is my Vikings hang out online.

Maybe that makes me some what closed minded or whatever. But this is just my opinion. I'd like to keep it just Viking Fans...

When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

As long as the columns wouldn't be biased, it would be a good idea IMO

Like I said, y'all...I'm not looking to rattle your cages. I hang out here because I love this rivalry, and hopefully, anyone who's read my posts knows that I am a Packer fan but I keep it cool and non-confrontational.

Most of you seem like the types I'd like to sit and have a beer with and watch a game with...just not a Packer/Viking game.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast