Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    cragi is offline Waterboy

Packer / Badger fan on "raz"

Nothing better than to come on here and laugh about your picks and dumb offseason moves and brickhead coach. I also want to laugh about how you got damaged goods in Erasmus James, an injury-prone half-season wonder. Unfortunately I can't.

I didn't shed a tear when you picked Bennett off the Badgers a few years ago, but this one stings, especially since the Packers value the QB position and now they will have to face "Raz" twice a year.

If any of you get the chance, try to get copies of the PSU and Illinois games vs Wisconsin this past year and you might get a glimpse as to what I'm worried about. The Purdue game would also be very important.

Coming into the season, Raz was under wraps after an injury threatened his career the previous year. His previous year, he had been coming on really strong. I think he just played one year of HS football, having come from St Kitts, so his curve is steep. The hip injury was all or nothing and it seemed like the answer was all, and should be fine. Prior to that, he wasn't injured much.

The Illinois game was supposed to be the Badgers first real test vs a respected QB in Beutjer. We had already been watching Raz put a licking on QB after QB, so we felt he could disrupt the offense if he got untracked. Beutjer had started off the season on fire, and vs the Badgers he came out on fire as well. Somewhere towards the end of the first Q, I think Raz got his first hit on him and it was all downhill from there. He was spraying it all over the place and soon got taken out of the game. Then came in the second string, a few hits from Raz and it was the third string QB to finish the game...you get the picture.

I had great seats vs PSU. Michael Robinson was one of the two "dual QB threats" PSU possessed (along with Zack Mills). Again, the Badgers were facing a couple of veteran QBs who had started the season off well. Robinson started the game just on fire, and it looked like the Badgers were headed for a long game. For those that don't know, Robinson is known for his scrambling ability. Towards the end of the quarter, James had him in pursuit and Robinson thought he could just outrun James, but he was unable to ditch James, so he kept running the wrong way. When he realized he couldnt get away, he turned into James and braced for impact. They carried him off the field motionless in a stretcher. The refs somehow give PSU the ball even though Raz separated it from his arms/chest on impact and UW recovered. In comes Zack Mills. His first play he unleashes a 50-yard bomb which is caught for a first down way downfield. But on that play, Raz got to the QB and leveled him in the throwing shoulder. The next play Mills throws a duck which is picked off and he realizes he can't return. I'm not sure, but he may have suffered a separation on the play and he's gone for the day. Neither QB was the same for over a month.

Keep in mind that these were all very, very clean hits, but he walked a fine line...like his hits would be a second after the QB released, or he would hit in the upper chest, just below the neck.

The Purdue game featured a top-5 Purdue team with heavy Heisman favorite Kyle Orton vs the top-ranked UW defense. At this point in the season, Orton & Raz were considered the two best offensive & defensive players nationally. Although Orton was able to finish the game, he was beaten to a pulp all game long by Raz & Co. There was a;so a nasty chop block on James - a clear attempt to "take him out". It resulted in a bad high ankle sprain..the type that can nag a player all season. He tried returning anyways, but wasn't the same after that. As for Orton, he went from all-everything to the bench in that game, and was sent on a free-fall out of the first round, the Heisman, and just couldnt get healthy or his head on straight after that.

His teammate, Welsh, recorded the highest 40 time in the draft for linemen, while James' 40 time was surprisingly lower. In reality, I think James is just as fast, but the ankle was bothering him. When healthy, James hits with some serious force. His moves and leverage are already excellent. He has also packed on weight consistantly every year with no loss of speed. I think you will be surprised and pleased with this pick.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Packer / Badger fan on "raz"

:roll: Another Troll!

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

wow thanks..hey maybe we could blow the draft a couple more times like the packers have..ur a green bay fan, and im sorry that u will be finishing 3rd this year, but dont insult us out of jealousy..come back when ur new QB actually gets to play and turns in some results
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

That wasn't a troll post. He was saying he wish he could mock us...but can't. We will be pleased with the pick.

I had to read it twice too.

cragi is offline Waterboy

leave it to vikings fans to read a single sentence and then interpret props as a slam

LunchBox is offline Rookie

"cragi" wrote:
    leave it to vikings fans to read a single sentence and then interpret props as a slam
    yeah, as a viking fan and student at the University of Wisconsin, i totally agree, Mus is the man!

"cragi" wrote:
    Ok, I'll admit I read the first sentence and then just skimmed it. My bad! Sorry for the troll remark and the pic of the dude with no arms.

Of late, I am so used to Pack fans coming in here looking for trouble. I have always given props to Packer fans who post intelligently, sorry! ops:

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    :roll: Another Troll!

what does troll mean?

Uh, lets just forget I called him that. My bad.
    I feel like a twit! :lol:

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Haha, that was pretty good. Nice post packer man. I had to read the first paragraph like 3 times to figure out what exactly you were trying to say.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast