Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

The Pack receivers

I been checking a few posts on the Pack chat, these guys seem to think that thier ok with rec.

I don;t get it, you have a talent like Favre, and you refuse to bring in a rec worth a crap. Most of them are deluded enough to think they don't need one. Why oh why did they not draft one.

Oh well helps us
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

The Pack receivers

Because Favre is soooooo great that they don't need good receivers!! Ha, those were just thoughts of a packer fan!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

The Pack receivers

As a Vikings fan I can say that Favre really is so great that he doesn't need any WR's :-p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

The Pack receivers

I would have to disagree with that Randy. If he had at least one even half way decent receiver his team would be that much more dangerous and so would he. All those chances he takes, could possibly lead to less turnovers or costly mistakes. Just my opinion though.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

The Pack receivers

Fully agreed. The key word, however, is 'need.' 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

The Pack receivers

I see your point!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

The Pack receivers

Lack of real talent at WR has long been a wailing and gnashing of teeth over on this side of the Mississippi.

But, think about it...Favre has achieved the stats he has without ever really having a "star" receiver. Some guys have had career years with him (Brooks, Freeman, Rison, Driver, etc.), but the only truly great WR he ever had was Sharpe.

The Packers invested a first-round pick and a second-round pick the past several years on late-blooming guys who don't appear to be approaching Sharpe's ability (Walker and Ferguson). But, like all the recievers before them, they are team players who don't demand the ball or pout. They were blocking downfield long before Viking fans shouted "Look! Randy Moss is blocking downfield! What a great team player!" as if he had just pulled a nugget of solid gold from out his @ss.

Do I wish we had some great talent at WR? Sure.

Do I wish we had Randy Moss? Honestly...no.

Do I hope our WR's play to their potential and keep the team ideal alive this year? You bet. It's our best chance.

Some Packer fans are getting all excited about trading for Northcutt or Burress. Why? An increase in talent can easily be negated by a lousy attitude (Case In Point: Keyshawn, Owens, Horn, etc.).

I've always said...I'd rather see Favre pass for 200 yards and 2 TD's and win than see him pass for 400 yards, 3 TD's and lose. Team ball is what wins, not superstars, especially in today's NFL.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Re: The Pack receivers

"bigdogbovy" wrote:
    I been checking a few posts on the Pack chat, these guys seem to think that thier ok with rec.

I don;t get it, you have a talent like Favre, and you refuse to bring in a rec worth a crap. Most of them are deluded enough to think they don't need one. Why oh why did they not draft one.

Oh well helps us
    You're right of course. We've always figured we could get by with mediocrities, and after some unfortunate incidents with Sharpe that's what we've done.

Yah, you outta be happy with it, you'd have trouble maintaining a a .500 record without it some years......

What's it like finishing below .500? It's been so long I can't recall...

:-)
    "He either fears his fate too much,
    Or his deserts are small,
    Who dares not put it to the touch,
    To win or lose it all. "

SHOW-TIME is offline Pro-Bowler

The Pack receivers

i cant remember the moron i was arguing with earlier in a post about this haha its just funny they suck
    so yeah eatingpieinbed some friends of mine http://www.purevolume.com/eatingpieinbed

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

The Pack receivers

Do I wish we had Randy Moss? Honestly...no.
    Los Please

I've come to expect some honesty out of you!!
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast