Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    SuperGonzo's Avatar
    SuperGonzo is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    153

    Pack fans are funny

    Okay. . .so the usual Packerrubes are in here telling us that losing Michael Bennett is the end of the universe and he's going to have to have his leg amputated and so forth and so on.

    Are they stupid? Honestly, are they? (Not ALL the Packer fans that come here are stupid, mind you. . .just the ones that constantly project gloom and doom for the Vikings on a Viking board.)

    It's funny. . .we heard the same thing last season. . .except it was along the lines of "You don't have Bennett and you're coming to the BRAND NEW Lambeau Field in Week 1 and all the great Packer legends are going to be there and the Packers are going to KILL the Vikings."

    We didn't have Michael Bennett then, either. In fact, our RB's that day were

    Moe Williams
    Doug Chapman
    John Avery

    2 of those guys aren't even employed by the Vikings any more. The other RB, Onterrio Smith, didn't even see the field that day.

    We didn't seem to have any problems then without Bennett, and we won't have any problems now without Bennett either.

    Packer fans have enough to worry about with their own team. . .questions like

    "Why the hell are we keeping 2 punters?"
    "Hey, I thought it was the system in Cleveland. . .does Tim Couch ACTUALLY suck?" (Answer: Why yes. . .yes he does.)
    "We only have 4 WR's, and at least 2 of them have injury histories. What the hell do we do if one of them gets hurt?"
    "Are there any other teams carrying 3 fullbacks on their Opening Day roster?"
    "Just when you think you have all the answers, I CHANGE THE QUESTIONS!" - Roddy Piper

    Visit The Daily Norseman!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,114

    Pack fans are funny

    great points SG welcome back :salute: glad to see you asking the same question...the one you missed thou was Why doesn't Wisconsin Just sell the packers Team to another state and just start over...It's the only way they are going to get a winning team ever again :wink: oh yea they can't even give it away no one will have'm :cheese: :roll:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

  3. #3
    LosAngelis's Avatar
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,735

    Pack fans are funny

    *sniff* You hurt my feelings with your mean words, SuperGonzo.

    Not sure who was ripping on Bennett and it being the end of the universe, though I haven't been keeping up this weekend, due to Labor Day.

    Personally, I'm bummed by it, because he's on my fantasy football team, and I have to stash him on IR for a couple of weeks and make do with Edgerrin James and Travis Henry.

    And, yes, the Packers have enough questions, many of which should be good cannon fodder for you all. My only defense is that the roster is a fluid document, and, hopefully, will change very quickly. Especially before we play the Vikings and they intentionally go out to injure all our wide receivers again.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

    Welcome to the NFC North.

  4. #4
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Pack fans are funny

    "LosAngelis" wrote:
    *sniff* You hurt my feelings with your mean words, SuperGonzo.

    Not sure who was ripping on Bennett and it being the end of the universe, though I haven't been keeping up this weekend, due to Labor Day.

    Personally, I'm bummed by it, because he's on my fantasy football team, and I have to stash him on IR for a couple of weeks and make do with Edgerrin James and Travis Henry.

    And, yes, the Packers have enough questions, many of which should be good cannon fodder for you all. My only defense is that the roster is a fluid document, and, hopefully, will change very quickly. Especially before we play the Vikings and they intentionally go out to injure all our wide receivers again.


    Packmannxxxi; had a poll how many games would bennett being out would cost us.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  5. #5
    LosAngelis's Avatar
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,735

    Pack fans are funny

    "whackthepack" wrote:


    Packmannxxxi; had a pole how many games would bennett being out would cost us.
    Woulda been my first guess. chubchub was next.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

    Welcome to the NFC North.

  6. #6
    packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    660

    Pack fans are funny

    yeah yeah-

    I just don't see how Bennett being out WON'T affect you. But the opinions on that post were fair by everyone.

    If I posted a thread asking- "How many games will Ahman Green being out hurt cost the Packers?" all of you would say 4 or more.

    The Vikings are NOT the invincible group most people on this site are making them out to be.


    "Why the hell are we keeping 2 punters?"
    Why not? When is the last time a team ACTUALLY used their 53rd man? Does it matter who that guy is?

    "Hey, I thought it was the system in Cleveland. . .does Tim Couch ACTUALLY suck?" (Answer: Why yes. . .yes he does.)
    Of course he does. He was an experiment worht a try. I give the Pack credit for cutting his ass and saying it didn't work. BTW- who backs up the injury prone Cullpepper?

    "We only have 4 WR's, and at least 2 of them have injury histories. What the hell do we do if one of them gets hurt?"
    4 wide receivers for now. All indications are that the Packers are making a move for a veteran #4, like they did last year to get Freeman back which was very successful. Also, who are the two injury prone ones? And after the Vikings Moss, the backups for the Packers are far better than the Vikings #2-4.


    "Are there any other teams carrying 3 fullbacks on their Opening Day roster?"

    Again- why does it matter. IF they released that 3rd fullback he will be picked up on the waiver wire. Trades are in the works with the Colts and Cheifs. To me, this is a great move, especially when looking at who was cut. Will they start the year with 3 fullbacks? Prob not- trades will happen this week.


    Why everyone thinks the Packers will suck so bad is beyond my comprehension. Whats worse, is what evidence is there to suggest the Vikings will be so good. Their D giving up no points to VANILLA offenses? Their offense who will be without a capable RB till the bye? You can hate me all you want, but the Vikings have far more questions than the Packers at this point....
    3 Straight Division Champs

  7. #7
    triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,588

    Pack fans are funny

    Packman do you still not realize what site you're on? Come now, of course we're going to stick up for our team, however at this point they don't need to be defended, the season hasn't even started yet, and from what we saw in preseason we are going to be just fine.

    Who is going to back up Culpepper? Gus Frerotte, who is one of the best BACK UP QB's out there.

    Being a Packer fan you are obviously going to defend your team. However, this isn't the place for it. Go pat them on the back with people who care. You really need to face the facts though that you're team is going to be in a rebuilding phase... soon. We went through that a couple of years ago so we know how it goes.

    Our D is young and unproven so you can definately say that. However saying that we don't have a capable RB is just silly. First of all O. Smith will be playing against Dallas, second of all Moe is a very dependable player. Not to mention we have WR's that can definately dominate the field. If you need to question our team at all, you can certainly question our D, but not our O.

  8. #8
    LosAngelis's Avatar
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,735

    Pack fans are funny

    "triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    Packman do you still not realize what site you're on? Come now, of course we're going to stick up for our team, however at this point they don't need to be defended, the season hasn't even started yet, and from what we saw in preseason we are going to be just fine.

    Who is going to back up Culpepper? Gus Frerotte, who is one of the best BACK UP QB's out there.

    Being a Packer fan you are obviously going to defend your team. However, this isn't the place for it. Go pat them on the back with people who care. You really need to face the facts though that you're team is going to be in a rebuilding phase... soon. We went through that a couple of years ago so we know how it goes.

    Our D is young and unproven so you can definately say that. However saying that we don't have a capable RB is just silly. First of all O. Smith will be playing against Dallas, second of all Moe is a very dependable player. Not to mention we have WR's that can definately dominate the field. If you need to question our team at all, you can certainly question our D, but not our O.
    TNT...you're getting almost as diplomatic as me! I guess I've been a good influence on you!
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

    Welcome to the NFC North.

  9. #9
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Pack fans are funny

    Losing Bennett will affect us, but most of us don't think it will cost us any games. After all it didn't last year, when we were in a worse RB situation than we are now.

    Ahman Green is the second most important player on the PAckers team, next to Brett. Of course losing him would cost your team dearly. If you lost him for an extended period of time, you would have no real hope of making the playoffs.

    We are not an invincible team, no team is. We do however believe that we are the best team in the North and WILL make the playoffs, otherwise we really pissed of the football Gods at some point.


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,114

    Pack fans are funny

    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    We are not an invincible team, no team is. We do however believe that we are the best team in the North and WILL make the playoffs, otherwise we really pissed of the football Gods at some point.
    :thumbright: Ahmen :thumbleft:

    then there is nothing anybody anywhere can do :shock: :!: well maybe a sacrifice might work :scratch:

    :study: where can we find :shaking: NAWWWWWW
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Funny Vikes Vs Pack Vids
    By V4L in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-11-2009, 01:48 PM
  2. Funny application for packer fans.
    By hawaiianvike21 in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-12-2005, 04:43 AM
  3. Pack fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By vikoles in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-19-2004, 08:33 PM
  4. It is funny how packer fans get all upset...
    By Vikestand in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-19-2004, 08:03 PM
  5. Where are the pack fans...
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 12:58 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •