Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    tclawmen is offline Starter

A.P. should be returning kicks..yes or no

I continue to be amazed at this young mans talent. His speed and ability to see the field and the way he cuts off his blocks is allready getting him national attention as one of the premier R/ B's in the NFL. Now, that being said, how do you feel about him being used to return kickoffs. As valuable as it was last week against DA BEARS, it is not IMO a good idea to use him that way and I hope they start using someone else in that role. I would hate to lose his talent due to some career ending injury on a kickoff. How often do you see other teams using their #1 back to return kicks. L.T. does not do it, Addai does not do it, L. Johnson does not do it, S. Jackson does not do it, ect ect ect. What are your thoughts?

davike is offline Team Alumni

Re: A.P. should be returning kicks..yes or no

In certain situations I think he should return kicks. If we need a big play or maybe a turn around of some sort, you give it to the player who will make plays, right now AP is the man. I like what I have seen of Troy Williamson back there as well. I wasn't impressed by what I seen from Allison returning kicks before, but I think we could give him another shot. I think Childress is doing a good job using AP right now.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

davike is offline Team Alumni

By the way...this should be a poll.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

No...is LT returning kicks
    is Larry Johnson returning kicks....will Chester

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

It scares me to see him back there, but we might have lost the Bears game if he did not return the last kick to the Chicago 37.

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Only in special situations, like we are behind or tied late in the 4th. Hes the best RB in the NFL, lets try and keep him healthy. I hope I never see Wade returning punts (or kicks), he scares me

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Yes...cuz that puts him in the open field...where he can use his speed and elusiveness to give us both good field position AND maybe even score!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

tgorsegner is offline Coordinator

not ordinarily, big play perhaps. too much potiential for him to get messed up, and besides we have other talent that could do well there. at least until this rumored trade does/doesnot occur

VikesFan787, Thanks for the awesome sig!

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Yes, on Kickoffs only, you dont get the same chances to tee off on a guy that punt returners get.
    And getting him in the open field a great advantage for us.
    I guess I dont see the dramatic difference in the chance for injury returning kickoffs vs regular running plays.
    And heaven forbid if he scores a few times the TDs count the same as if he were running them in on offense.

Having said that if he continues to have as dominant performances as last week from offensive sets, I might be conviced in the coming weeks to change my mind.
    If he is potent from offensive plays and the offense is scoring at will then it wont matter who returns kicks.
    But until I see the offense as a consistant potent force, I think the constant advantage of good field position that he provides is just too valuable.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Definitely yes. You put the ball in the hands of the player that is going to net you the most yards.

AD is that guy on KO returns with the explosion & speed he has. I don't think he is any more at risk of injury than on any running or pass play.

I believe it would actually be less, based on the type of players the defense will have on the field. He will be going up against mostly special teamers & a kicker, rather than huge linemen.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast