Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Owens

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Owens

"cajunvike" wrote:
    I like attention as much as the next guy, but T-Ho crosses the line...that is my biggest beef against the guy. I am not against TD celebrations...I fondly remember the granddaddy of them all, Billy "White Shoes" Johnson with the Oilers, but BS choreographed crap like the Sharpie thing or Horn's cell phone stunt, are just f*cking stupid.
    I have agreed with 99.99999% of what you said Cajun.

Who is Joe Horn anyway? He got more publicity ot of the cell phone than he could have bought anywhere else for the $50,000 he was fined. Money well spent. His problem is that he hasn't made us remember him with his play.

TO on the other hand has had some good play since his antics last year.

Yes, he does need to cut this crap out. I think the NFL has given up on him understanding what it is about. He just doesn't get it. That is why I agree that he needs to have some Fronteer Justice brought upon himself. The problem is that the defenses are no longer allowed to do this. 20 years ago, he would be afraid to step out on that field after saying what he said, or doing the antic they do. 20-30 years ago I could picture one of the Steelers or Raiders taking that pomp-pomp and shoving it down his throat while he lie there unconcious from the forearm shiver delivered to his head. That kind of justice is not allowed anymore.

The NFL and America (trying to protect everyones rights) has brought this crap on themselves. :angryfire:

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Owens

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    This topic is simular to what chad johnson did to all the browns cbs and safeties i believe by sending each of them a bottle of pepmobisol (sp)? Funny S*** being dealt with cocky wideouts and cbs huh? :lol:
    Chad Johnson Joke was taken out of context. No one has told us exactly what was on the notes. The media made it out to be a cocky thing so we would want to hear about it.

Truth: which is just as interesting.

He is doing a promo with Pepto and Breast Cancer Society where pepto is going to donate money to Breast Cancer awareness based on his performance. He did it as a total joke. On NFL Live yesterday he explained it all. They even had McCLutceons on there and they were laughing about it. Johnson said he respect the Browns DB's as a top DB team in the league and that he has to bring his A game to compete with them. He wasn't trash talking, he was having fun.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Owens

Explained that way, that is truly funny. Chad Johnson isn't bad. I think the browns recievers are better, but, /shrug its afc, who cares.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Owens

"josdin00" wrote:
    "hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    This topic is simular to what chad johnson did to all the browns cbs and safeties i believe by sending each of them a bottle of pepmobisol (sp)? Funny S*** being dealt with cocky wideouts and cbs huh? :lol:

SOon sharper will be calling out moss or something. :lol:
    Similar, maybe, but I like what Chad Johnson did. I don't like what Owens did. Owens called out a specific player on the other team, and is starting a fued with that player, based upon something that player said last year when Ownes wasn't even on the team. It seems he's going out of his way to create a story. Johnson didn't go to the media. He shipped a bottle of Pepto Bismol to each of the starters in the Brown's secondary, and included a note saying he was offering them "relief", and signed it "all the best, Chad. #85". That just has the ring of some good-natured trash talk, not something that's meant to inflame. Now that story did make it into the media, cause it's funny as hell, but Chad's goal doesn't appear to be drawing media attention to himself. His goal seems to be to have fun with a division rival. Maybe I just like it because it was creative. For the record, I thought the sharpie was funny too, but I don't like how TO has tried to come up with something to top it every game afterwards. Once is funny, more than that, and it becomes a pathetic cry for attention.
    Difference is that Chad Johnson's joke wasn't done with a national TV audience watching and was really meant only for the Browns DBs...it is like the difference between trash talking in the game (CJ) and trash talking in the game while you are Mic'd Up on ESPN (TO).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Owens

Moss jumps into the stands and gives signed balls to mentally/physically handicapped people. T-HO takes cheerleaders pom poms, signs balls, and disrepects other peoples fields like in Dallas. He is a little baby in a big mans body and someone needs to lay him out. Whats that smell? *sniff* Is that Brian Williams? Playoffs?

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

Owens

"ADubya26" wrote:
    Moss jumps into the stands and gives signed balls to mentally/physically handicapped people. T-HO takes cheerleaders pom poms, signs balls, and disrepects other peoples fields like in Dallas. He is a little baby in a big mans body and someone needs to lay him out. Whats that smell? *sniff* Is that Brian Williams? Playoffs?
    I am with you 100%, ADub! T-Ho IS a little baby...I wouldn't mind seeing Ray Lewis lay his A$$ out for dissing the Ravens last offseason...or Deion taking away a few passes from him down the field...the day to see if it will come to pass is Halloween, when T-Ho gets a few tricks from the Ravens D...I am sure that Ray Lewis & Company will not pass up an opportunity to punish his A$$.

Owens

You can't spell "hot dog" without T and O...LOL!
    Found this quote in an article about T-Ho on ESPN.com.

pep2moss is offline Rookie

Owens

i hope someone just lays him out and pulls out a sharpie and gives it to him, that would be great

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234