Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Owens

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Owens

Dude, Pep's celebrations are tame by comparison, well within the limits of proper NFL decorum. As for Hovan, he does most of the dirty work game in and game out, so if he wants to talk a little sh*t, he has certainly paid the price to be able to do it.

In T-Ho's case, his stunts are nothing more than "LOOK AT ME" type of sh*t...you don't see Moss or Marvin Harrison or too many of the other top receivers doing that type of childish, grandstanding, obnoxious, lamebrained crap. Yeah, I don't like T-Ho or McCrab, but mainly because they get way too much publicity for the wrong reasons. If he would cut the self-centered bullsh*t, maybe I would cut him some slack...if you have read some of my prior posts regarding T-Ho or McCrab, I have admitted that they are good players (I can't argue with their stats too much), but my beef is that they are overrated by the media (and that in T-Ho's case, his own opinion of himself is grossly inflated and misguided). I just want to see him taken down a notch and I am sure that before the season is over I will. As far as the whuppin' goes, if I could get away with it legally, I would "go do it".
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

pudgesoprano is offline Asst. Coach

Owens

i dont mind him talking it's some people nature

im like that and i dont play football

every wr does that kind of stuff remember andre johnson is a quiet type player but after every play he spike the ball but the annocers said that he is a differnt wr than every other one

also marvin harrison is just like TO

week 4 last year they both had out burst whos do they talk about t.o

Its getting a little ridiculous,” said Harrison. “I’m not out there to block or run patterns or be a decoy. This team needs to get me the ball, immediately. If not, we’re in big trouble. This team can’t win unless I get 8 or 9 balls a game

The fact Harrison and the Colts are 4-0 certainly clouds the issue

http://www.thebrushback.com/receiver_full.htm
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

Owens

But T-Ho takes it to a ridiculous level...I think that most NFL fans would agree with me on this...if he wants to increase his fan base, he will work on his maturity level and let his play do most of the talking...Moss seems to have finally grasped this concept and the media is starting to give him all of the respect that he desires. The showboats of the NFL could learn a lesson from Mr. Barry Sanders...he had no need to pull any of these childish stunts when he scored a TD, he simply handed the football to the ref (after dazzling us with some of the most spectacular running ever seen on a football field). The lack of showboating did nothing to keep him from making it into the Hall of Fame on his first try...if T-Ho wants to be considered among the greats, he will have to quit being a showboat and show us that his playmaking skills are all that are necessary for us to take notice of him (and I do believe that he is a very good WR).

Owens

yeah but some people love attiction i was the guy in school who always told jokes for some attiction

i was big barry sanders fan to

that why even though the lions were a divison rivil the lions were my second favirote team when i was kid
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

Owens

I like attention as much as the next guy, but T-Ho crosses the line...that is my biggest beef against the guy. I am not against TD celebrations...I fondly remember the granddaddy of them all, Billy "White Shoes" Johnson with the Oilers, but BS choreographed crap like the Sharpie thing or Horn's cell phone stunt, are just f*cking stupid.

Owens

i thought when owens did it was about confendice he knew he was going score

joe just took that too a new level

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Owens

"vikingsalltheway" wrote:
    Anyone hear what he had to say about Manning Jr. of the panthers?
    http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=16702

That guy needs to get laid a good one.
    Talk about geting laid out, did any of you see Winfield lay lumber on his ass on the MNF game.

I seen it on Playbook hits of the game or something, TO went to do a short little slant toward the LB's over the middle and he wasnt paying attention when Winfield came up from his soft coverage and f*ckin slammed his a$$. It freaked me out he hit him so hard his feet went out from under him. I didnt know that Winfields 180 pound frame could lay out TO's 230 pound frame :scratch: but he fooled me. Winfield continues to surprise with his solid hitting and great tackling.

Re: Owens

"vikingstw" wrote:
    "vikingsalltheway" wrote:
    Anyone hear what he had to say about Manning Jr. of the panthers?
    http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=16702

That guy needs to get laid a good one.
    Talk about geting laid out, did any of you see Winfield lay lumber on his ass on the MNF game.

I seen it on Playbook hits of the game or something, TO went to do a short little slant toward the LB's over the middle and he wasnt paying attention when Winfield came up from his soft coverage and f*ckin slammed his a$$. It freaked me out he hit him so hard his feet went out from under him. I didnt know that Winfields 180 pound frame could lay out TO's 230 pound frame :scratch: but he fooled me. Winfield continues to surprise with his solid hitting and great tackling.
    Sweet...any chance that you could post a pic of that hit?

Owens

and find some of mr.october(peyton manning) getting layed out that would be cool

Owens

"pudgesoprano" wrote:
    and find some of mr.october(peyton manning) getting layed out that would be cool
    While we are ordering up pics, McCrab getting his clock cleaned would make me smile as well...sorry to give you so much work, but just think how many posters here will be eternally grateful to you for all the hard work googling this stuff...that should be reward enough for anyone.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast