Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Overview of Vikings fans all over the World

Grew up in west central MN.
    Last 17 years in Texas with a few stops in between.

BTW: Its a gorgeous 75 degrees and sunny here today.
    Another good day to hit the lake
    ;D

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    Nice pics Scottishvike. I've also heard Scotland is famous for their beautiful golf courses.

I'd love to go over there & tour an old castle & play on one of those courses.

So far I've only sucked on Minnesota & Wisconsin ones.
    I haven't played golf for years Singer but we do go up to St Andrews a lot in the summer just for a day out, it's a beautiful place and is only about 45 minutes away from here. If you ever want to play there as long as you have a low enough handicap you can be entered into a ballot to play the Old course. I think the way it works is you enter the night before then the next day all the "winners" names are posted on a board with tee off times. I think Turboe came over and played it so he would know better than me. However it is done I think its really incredible how accessible the course that IS the home of golf is to visitors, I don't imagine playing a round at Augusta would be so easy!

This is the clubhouse/1st tee/18th green....

As for castles, I have been to a few. My favourite is probably Castle Urquhart which is situated on the banks of the River Ness, giving you the added bonus of getting to look for Nessie!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"scottishvike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Nice pics Scottishvike. I've also heard Scotland is famous for their beautiful golf courses.

I'd love to go over there & tour an old castle & play on one of those courses.

So far I've only sucked on Minnesota & Wisconsin ones.
    I haven't played golf for years Singer but we do go up to St Andrews a lot in the summer just for a day out, it's a beautiful place and is only about 45 minutes away from here. If you ever want to play there as long as you have a low enough handicap you can be entered into a ballot to play the Old course. I think the way it works is you enter the night before then the next day all the "winners" names are posted on a board with tee off times. I think Turboe came over and played it so he would know better than me. However it is done I think its really incredible how accessible the course that IS the home of golf is to visitors, I don't imagine playing a round at Augusta would be so easy!

This is the clubhouse/1st tee/18th green....

As for castles, I have been to a few. My favourite is probably Castle Urquhart which is situated on the banks of the River Ness, giving you the added bonus of getting to look for Nessie!

It would be a dream to get to play there.

But you have got a lot of beautiful courses over there, even if St. Andrews is special special

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Anyone else from MD here?

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

What made you choose Wyoming and Nebraska?
    Are you just looking at a map?

We have more members from Ohio than those 2 States combined.

Why don't you edit your poll and put all the states on there?

I guess if you are from Mexico you cannot vote because:

Other places in North-America means other United States not mentioned in the poll.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    What made you choose Wyoming and Nebraska?
    Are you just looking at a map?

We have more members from Ohio than those 2 States combined.

Why don't you edit your poll and put all the states on there?

I guess if you are from Mexico you cannot vote because:

Other places in North-America means other United States not mentioned in the poll.
    damn straight!

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"scottishvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "scottishvike" wrote:
    I guess you know where I live.
    Did you put your vote in as Britain or some other place in Europe?
    Britain Zeus, although I consider myself as Scottish first I don't have a problem with being called British. Every time there is an election here the Scottish people have the opportunity to break away from the UK, so far the majority have not opted to do so, although we did vote for our own devolved parliament in the last few years. Would independence be a good thing ? I honestly don't know, having heard the arguments for both sides I'm still undecided, with no referendum on the horizon it's not that big an issue to me at the moment.

I think there is a misconception that all Scots hate the English, this in my experience is not true. OK when we play each other at soccer or other sports there is a fierce rivalry and yes maybe some people take it too far but for most folk that is not the case. As I said before if the feeling was so strong the electorate would have opted to split by now, the fact we have chosen to be governed by London for all these years perhaps tells you more than I can.
    Interesting read, SV, thanks!
    I'm sure that I'm not alone among the Americans on PPO who view Scottish-English relations with "Braveheart" playing in the backs of our minds, LOL!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"scottishvike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "scottishvike" wrote:
    I guess you know where I live.
    But we don't know where in Scotland you live.
    A place called Dunfermline Singer, It's about a 20 minute drive from Edinburgh, I think the population is around 55000. In the 11th century it was the Royal capital of Scotland a title it held for around 500 years, a number of Kings and Queens are buried in the towns Abbey, the most famous being King Robert the Bruce you may know him from films like Braveheart. Dunfermline's most famous son of more recent times is Andrew Carnegie who according to a list in Forbes magazine is the second richest man in history when inflation is taken into account beaten only by Rockefeller. He is perhaps better known for his philanthropy, giving away vast amounts of money both here and in the U.S where most of his fortune was generated.
    The smallish town in Iowa where I grew up (Marshalltown) had/has a Carnegie Library.
    Always thought that was pretty cool.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

come here to check on the Vikings, and get a history lesson about Scotland & Britain.
    gotta love this site

(i mean that too)

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345