Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 106
  1. #91
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Overall Assessment Of The First Game

    "Alharrissuks91" wrote:
    Ok u r an idiot because Twill is a great deep threat
    Taylor does not suck the o line was having trouble run blocking they will get better.
    Attack the post, not the poster.

    The OL was not nearly as dominent over the Raider's run defense as I would have liked to see.
    And TWill is steadily progressing.
    I expect him to make more of an impact in the later half of the season.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #92
    josdin00's Avatar
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,619

    Re: Overall Assessment Of The First Game

    "CCthebest" wrote:
    Bad:

    Our offensive line did the worst of any pre season team Ive watched this year. So what if its pre season, at least come out to play. All the money we spent, they better get their pooh straight.
    Fact 1: Not one of the players on our offensive line has ever played next to the player he's playing next to now.

    Fact 2: The best offensive lines always have two things going for them, talent, and time spent together.

    My conclusion: Despite all the talent on the line, it's going to take some time for them to come together and understand how their line-mates react to different situations. This was the 1st preseason game. A few more games should make a marked difference. If they still look this bad by the 3rd game, start to worry a little bit.

    "CCthebest" wrote:
    Taylor flat out sucked.
    Taylor frequently was able to gain a few yards when the line gave him nothing. I actually thought he had a decent outing. Not great, but he didn't suck either. When the line play improves, and it should, his stats will improve.

    "CCthebest" wrote:
    T. Williamson sucks. Id like to see him traded before everyone else sees this and hes worth something.
    Wide receivers typically take 2-3 years to get fully up to NFL speed. There are rare cases (Moss, Boldin) where rookies are able to make an impact, but that is definately the exception to the rule. This year is the year where we can hope that Williamson will break out, and when this year is only 1 pre-season quarter old for him, that's not nearly enough plays to start judging him.

    "CCthebest" wrote:
    Worst special teams ever.
    Yeah, they need some work.

    "CCthebest" wrote:
    Putting Greenway on special teams right off the bat. BAD coaching!
    Special Teams is where you put rookies, so that they can contribute until they win a starting job, and even then, they sometimes still stay on special teams. Injuries suck, expecially when they happen to high draft picks, but you can't sit guys on the bench because you're afraid they're going to get injured.

    "CCthebest" wrote:
    GOOD:

    Brad Johnson was great. Give that man a raise Dickless err Childresss

    Koreen Robinson. This guy will be our bread and butter.

    Our starting deffensive line. Did a gol 'darnit good job, in everything from pressure to coverage. We may be back to the days where our deffense will have to win games.

    TJ should be named our 2nd string QB right away. The man has talent. He was picked too early, but at least he can play.
    Koren had 2 catches for 19 yards. Williamson had 1 for 8, but he also drew a 19 yard pass interference penalty that moved the ball to the 3 yard line. That would put his stats at 2 for 27. Yet Koren is the bread and butter, and Williamson sucks.

    One quarter of action is not nearly enough evidence to be making these judgements.

    I'd agree that Johnson and Jackson looked good. McMahon and JT looked about even to me. I'd like to see them back to back, with roughly the same personal package, so I can decide who I want on the third string, and who is practice team fodder.

    The DL definately looked good.

    The secondary looked pretty good.

    The offensive line looks like they weren't on the same page yet. The pass blocking was solid, but they weren't opening up any holes. Like I said before, I'm waiting to see how they do in a couple games before I pass judgement.

    The kickers did well, but special teams coverage looked weak.

    ...but what most impressed me was the lack of penalties. I made a comment in the live chat during the game that I was pleasantly suprised that the first penalty of the game wasn't against the Vikes. This looked like a much more disciplined team than in past years, and I'm very happy about that.

  3. #93
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Overall Assessment Of The First Game

    "Alharrissuks91" wrote:
    Ok u r an idiot because Twill is a great deep threat
    Based on what evidence?
    The many long TD catches he's had for the Vikings?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #94
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Overall Assessment Of The First Game

    "CCthebest" wrote:
    Brad Johnson was great. Give that man a raise Dickless err Childresss
    The owner of the team is a man named Zygi Wilf.
    Pretty sure he's the one who decides who gets paid and who doesn't.
    Brad Childress is the head coach.
    He is also an employee of Zygi Wilf, the owner of the team.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  5. #95
    mr.woo's Avatar
    mr.woo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,213

    Re: Overall Assessment Of The First Game

    yeah special temas have a way to go and i was really expecting us to excel in that area. we were great last year. we didnt get
    rid of our special teams coach did we? ???
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

  6. #96
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Overall Assessment Of The First Game

    A few things to consider/observations:

    a.
    We all better get used to the "Vanilla" West Coast Offense.

    b. I thought the O line could have done better but believe they did what they were asked.
    I don't think Brad Childress wanted to show to much.
    Looked like pretty much straight one on one blocking schemes with nothing fancy included.

    c.
    QB's.
    Brad should be paid more, TJ did fine for his first game.
    Still holding judgement but he sure looked better than the other 2 bone heads.

    d.
    I don't expect to see anything from this team until week one (I am going to the game) as it appears this staff is of the mindset of holding thier cards close to thier chest.

    I am looking forward to this season more than any other than I can remember (Born in 1961).
    I think the rest of the league is in for a suprise.

    Marrdro
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #97
    TommyJ's Avatar
    TommyJ is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    10

    Re: Overall Assessment Of The First Game

    Just a few observations from a newbie to PPO:

    1. The cover-2 defense brought over from Tampa will pay tremendous dividends.

    2. Taylor was ok. I don't think its fair to expect him to come out of the gate and just tear it up.

    3. Discipline was great.

    4. Lets slow down on inducting Jackson into the hall of fame.

    5. Its just the first pre-season game.

  8. #98
    JellyBean2144's Avatar
    JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    475

    Re: Overall Assessment Of The First Game

    I came away very impressed. We our learning a new Offense, and we looked good out there. Not great, but good. I love our Special Teams!! Other than that fumble at the start of the game, we were okay. And T. JAckson, very impressive. This kid is going to be the steal of the draft. Solid game.


  9. #99
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Overall Assessment Of The First Game

    Vanilla WCO? Is that supposed to be referring to our boring offensive scheme? So am I a boring person if I like vanilla ice cream?

    Can't we use a more positive sounding word? I am very excited to get used to our efficient WCO.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  10. #100
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,512

    Re: Overall Assessment Of The First Game

    Our first string D and O where very impresive, for this early in the season I thought......



    Where is Singer?....My lawn needs cutting...LMAO


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 10-22-2009, 04:54 PM
  2. Interesting pre-season assessment on Vikes from Wilf
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-06-2008, 02:39 AM
  3. Replies: 91
    Last Post: 09-14-2006, 08:50 PM
  4. Media Assessment of Melvin Fowler Pickup by the Vikings
    By cajunvike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-10-2005, 04:46 AM
  5. Mike Tice's Assessment of the Vikings 2004 Season
    By Purple Herring in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-21-2005, 11:21 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •