Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    JWalkRulz84 is offline Rookie

Outsiders View on the Vikings...

I have watched nearly every Viking and Packer game for the last year and a half since coming to school in Minnesota. I see a few things from this Viking team that takes them apart from championship caliber teams. The biggest thing is coaching. Mike Tice lacks the intelligence to be an NFL Head Coach. Some of his comments he makes in press conferences and his basic strategy as well as preparation seems to be very predictable and not enough. He made an absolute terrible decision with one of the most explosive players in the NFL in Randy Moss. The Vikes will be without him 100% healthy for 3-4 weeks.

Now I know everyone is on the Culpepper bandwagon. He is a very good quarterback and has a very nice arm. However, he also lacks a lot of intelligence. This is a guys that barely got in to UCF. He is not a big game quarterback and will choke when you need him the most. Now, not anyone can put up numbers like he has and it takes a special player to be able to do that. Without Randy Moss lining up, Culpepper has a very difficult time making good throws and he will turn the ball over more than usual.

The last thing I see is this defense. I like your front four. I think they have the potential to be like the front four of Carolina's. However you linebackers are not very good at all and your with the exception of Antoine Winfield, your secondary is very porous. They made a lot of plays last season as a lot of plays came right to them. This season its a different story. The secondary is getting torched.

Overall, I believe the one solution to your team is to not retain Mike Tice and find a smart coach. A smart coach will mold Culpepper in to a much smarter player and I believe Culpepper will become more effective in big games. Until then, I see this team being inconsistent and possibly having another melt down like last year. But hey, Im a Packers fan and thats what I hope happens.
    [img:ebda3835f6]http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/insider/wallpaper/111504/walk640.jpg[/img:ebda3835f6]

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

You're no one to talk about "lack of intelligence" Jiggly Walk.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

skogs02 is offline Starter

like you said, your a packer fan, and to us your thoughts doesnt mean a damn thing!

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Yeah don't throw stones in glass houses packer fan. We all know Tice is a meathead so your input is uneeded. And Sherman is about as sharp as a beachball.

Javon Walker = Fake ass wanna be Moss...that simple

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

Actually Cullpepper could have gone to almost any big school by the end of his senior year.

He didnt have the grades at first to go anywhere. But UCF stuck by him and got him some academic help. And eventually he meet the requirements to go to most schools.

But he choose UCF because they stuck with him and helped him get the grades he needed. While all the other schools ditched then came back after his grades improved.

Im probably going to get hammered for this one, but I agree with the guy. One thing I like about Tice is that he has balls, but he also isnt a very good coach...either that or we have a crappy offensive coordinator that Tice should be firing. We have so much talent on this team that we should be making it happen this year. I know, I know..were 5-2, on top of the division, Moss is out etc etc., but just like we couldnt win an easy game last year, we cant win a hard one this year. We are so close to excellence, and something has to happen to push us over the hump. Could you imagine if we had Bill Parcells as a coach? We would be in the superbowl in one year and I would be willing to bet anybody. I sure hope I get proved wrong, but since I became a fan in 1998, its seems like coaching is the only thing that is letting me down. Culpepper is maturing into an elite QB, we have the best WR in the league, 3 good running backs, and a young, athletic defense. We are not going to have MVPs at every position, but a good coach can make a mediocre player good by putting him in the right situation to make plays. I could be totally wrong in my take on our problem, but it seems that way to me right now.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

FACK YOU PACKER FAN!!! Dont ever dog on our secondary, your secondary is horade. Dont ever dawg BRIAN WILLIAMS b*tch. Corey Chavous isn't the all american athlete but he's much better than average.

The last two weeks we have got good pressure with our front four = not very much passing yards.

Culpepper lacks A LOT of inteligance.
    WOW thats a great observation, i would like to see you line up behind the center and read defenses.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

this guy talks out the side of his neck with a big turd hanging out of it.

JWalkRulz84 is offline Rookie

Whoa Whoa Whoa! Never a single time did I even say that the Packers were a superior team. Skol, you criticized me for saying someone had a lack of intelligence? Look at your comment..."You're no one to talk about lack of intelligence.?" I wasn't ragging on your team, I was just stating what I saw. And Vikings_fan66, did you not see me give a lot of credit to your D Line??? Its cool if you guys are gonna rag on what I say, but at least read what I wrote. And I'm not an NFL QB so I am not gonna line up behind center and read defenses...Don't you think if you get paid a lot to play QB, you should at least be smart about it? And we will see how well Brian Williams plays tonight. Never did I say anything about our secondary being good. We'll see next week.
    [img:ebda3835f6]http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/insider/wallpaper/111504/walk640.jpg[/img:ebda3835f6]

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Your a f*cking idiot, I didnt say you said that your team was superior, i said dont talk sh*t when your secondary isn't any better than ours.

Sure you wern't ragging on our team, you just said our defense is porus and Culpepper lacks A LOT OF INTELIGANCE.

If your not a QB in the NFL then dont talk sh*t, about a QB who is playin at a high level.

..."You're no one to talk about lack of intelligence.?"
    I didn't say that you moron, read your damn posts before you try to defend something that you already said. Get lost fool. You make no sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast