Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Outside criticism is tiresome to Jackson

"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    I'm officially jumping back on the t-jack bandwagon. I got scared and jumped off after detroit, but I think I'm brave enough to stay on now. Can somebody hold my hand if he throws a pick?
    No but I am sure there is a seatbelt for you to use since you are in for a very bumpy ride.

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

"Garland" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    [quote author=gabe_menendez link=topic=40119.msg682030#msg682030 date=1196379094]
    Thats stupid to call him jackson T-joke, were suppose to be fans of the vikings, we got to go out there and crush the lions!
    So that makes me less of a fan? I don't have the right to be critical of any player that I want as a fan.
    So you have never been critical of any player? I doubt it. look around this bord there is criticizm of alot of players and coaches even in Sigs. But I doubt I would call them stupid and not a fan of the team. If I choose to call him T-Joke, T-Jack or what ever I gol 'darnit well please I will. Sorry you dissagree.
    Look its all right to be critical, but look we get it!
    I mean no offense, but do you ride the short bus, or something?
    When its your constant sthick it gets old.

Mike
    So then don't read it. and Quit bitching about it. Sorry you can't handle someone having a opinion that is different than yours.
    I can handle it just fine,
    Can you handle answers?
    Because I'm confused were you saying your question was rhetorical and did not want an answer, because if so well opps I'm sorry.
    I'll leave it at that point.

Mike
    Then what is your point? I am stupid for calling him T-Joke but then you call people rididng the short Bus?
    You have done nothing but gone out of your way
    several times now to make a point about this. Hmmm Pot meet Kettle...Kettle meet pot.
    Way to be a hippoctcrate.
    [/quote]

Ok, fine I'll stop teasing you then, well except for this last little point.
    The analogy goes like this
    Pot says to Kettle,
    Hey your black!
    Not pot meet kettle, kettle meet pot!
    Now that just doesn't make sense!

Ok, but come on now,
    I'm just teasing, just go re read your posts!
    All i do was try to answer your questions.
    I'm sorry, I suffer from viral smartassness.
    Its a horrible affliction, its a dark humor inwhich i'm compelled to point out issues!
    DR's bleive someday i may lead asomewhat normal life ;D

Ok I'll stop.. Peace Garland Greene, you can call Tavarias,
    T joke or T Jack or even T oilet until your hearts content it won't bother me anymore!

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

"Mikecarter81" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:
    [quote author=Garland Greene link=topic=40119.msg682149#msg682149 date=1196396493]
    [quote author=gabe_menendez link=topic=40119.msg682030#msg682030 date=1196379094]
    Thats stupid to call him jackson T-joke, were suppose to be fans of the vikings, we got to go out there and crush the lions!
    So that makes me less of a fan? I don't have the right to be critical of any player that I want as a fan.
    So you have never been critical of any player? I doubt it. look around this bord there is criticizm of alot of players and coaches even in Sigs. But I doubt I would call them stupid and not a fan of the team. If I choose to call him T-Joke, T-Jack or what ever I gol 'darnit well please I will. Sorry you dissagree.
    Look its all right to be critical, but look we get it!
    I mean no offense, but do you ride the short bus, or something?
    When its your constant sthick it gets old.

Mike
    So then don't read it. and Quit bitching about it. Sorry you can't handle someone having a opinion that is different than yours.
    I can handle it just fine,
    Can you handle answers?
    Because I'm confused were you saying your question was rhetorical and did not want an answer, because if so well opps I'm sorry.
    I'll leave it at that point.

Mike
    Then what is your point? I am stupid for calling him T-Joke but then you call people rididng the short Bus?
    You have done nothing but gone out of your way
    several times now to make a point about this. Hmmm Pot meet Kettle...Kettle meet pot.
    Way to be a hippoctcrate.
    [/quote]

Ok, fine I'll stop teasing you then, well except for this last little point.
    The analogy goes like this
    Pot says to Kettle,
    Hey your black!
    Not pot meet kettle, kettle meet pot!
    Now that just doesn't make sense!

Ok, but come on now,
    I'm just teasing, just go re read your posts!
    All i do was try to answer your questions.
    I'm sorry, I suffer from viral smartassness.
    Its a horrible affliction, its a dark humor inwhich i'm compelled to point out issues!
    DR's bleive someday i may lead asomewhat normal life ;D

Ok I'll stop.. Peace Garland Greene, you can call Tavarias,
    T joke or T Jack or even T oilet until your hearts content it won't bother me anymore!

Mike
    [/quote]

Cool,

I want him to be successful, I want him to prove me wrong.
    I just belive that he needs to be more consistant and show us by his play on the feild and nothing else. If he starts to show that he can have some more consistancy and start playing at a somewhat
    decent level will I start having faith in him?
    Probably, until he shows otherwise I have to call it like I see it

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Wow...amazing to see how everyone lost complete control over this issue.

I am not a big believer in Jackson.
    But, if you look back, you'll see that I was a very strong advocate of allowing him another season on the sidelines to develop.
    I still believe that with another season off the field, we would have a chance to at least get our Receiver corps upgraded and on the same page, THEN Jackson would have had an opportunity to come in and play with some support.

Instead, he has been thrown to the wolves in the passing game.
    The only thing saving him is the amazing rushing production of Peterson and Taylor.

So, in my opinion, the Vikes really didn't do him any favors by making him tough it out this season.

HOWEVER,

When you're out in the game, it's up to you to perform.
    IMO, Jackson hasn't exactly performed well.
    He's had a couple bad games and a couple of average games.
    He's thrown a couple of great passes, a bunch of easy passes, and a bunch of bad passes.

Those are on him.

So, is he a crap player?
    Destined for the crapper for all time?
    I hope not.
    But right here, right now, he is not what we need starting.
    Unfortunately, what we need starting isn't on our roster.
    So, while we're busy throwing Jackson to the wolves, I watch for him to improve his weekly performances...instead, he gets hurt.

This week, he gets to face a team that picked him four times earlier this season.
    How will he react?
    Will he get gun shy and throw stupid passes no one can catch (like he did the 2 games he played after the last Detroit game?), or will he step it up and compete?

Time will tell.
    But, in the meantime, I'm not on the Jackson bandwagon.
    I cheer for the guy to do well, but I don't see him as the savior of the franchise.
    In order for that to happen, he'll have to show a lot more than he has.
    He's taken some steps in the right direction, but there's a lot more he needs to take.

Caine

"Caine" wrote:
    Wow...amazing to see how everyone lost complete control over this issue.

I am not a big believer in Jackson.
    But, if you look back, you'll see that I was a very strong advocate of allowing him another season on the sidelines to develop.
    I still believe that with another season off the field, we would have a chance to at least get our Receiver corps upgraded and on the same page, THEN Jackson would have had an opportunity to come in and play with some support.

Instead, he has been thrown to the wolves in the passing game.
    The only thing saving him is the amazing rushing production of Peterson and Taylor.

So, in my opinion, the Vikes really didn't do him any favors by making him tough it out this season.

HOWEVER,

When you're out in the game, it's up to you to perform.
    IMO, Jackson hasn't exactly performed well.
    He's had a couple bad games and a couple of average games.
    He's thrown a couple of great passes, a bunch of easy passes, and a bunch of bad passes.

Those are on him.

So, is he a crap player?
    Destined for the crapper for all time?
    I hope not.
    But right here, right now, he is not what we need starting.
    Unfortunately, what we need starting isn't on our roster.
    So, while we're busy throwing Jackson to the wolves, I watch for him to improve his weekly performances...instead, he gets hurt.

This week, he gets to face a team that picked him four times earlier this season.
    How will he react?
    Will he get gun shy and throw stupid passes no one can catch (like he did the 2 games he played after the last Detroit game?), or will he step it up and compete?

Time will tell.
    But, in the meantime, I'm not on the Jackson bandwagon.
    I cheer for the guy to do well, but I don't see him as the savior of the franchise.
    In order for that to happen, he'll have to show a lot more than he has.
    He's taken some steps in the right direction, but there's a lot more he needs to take.

Caine
    mark another reality slap on the Board for Caine. Excellent post, and yes time will tell especially on Sunday.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456