Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame

Re: Outside criticism is tiresome to Jackson

Good choice to tune off the NFL analysts TJ.
    Their job is to try and convince the impressionable masses (us) what is happening in the game so we don't have to use our own brain to try and figure things out.

They are not looking to base their opinions on reality, just what they can sell.
    The only time they are right is when they agree with me, the rest of the time they are idiots.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

I think that TJ did a great job of handling the questions he was being asked...without whining.
    The reporters kept trying to set him up for controversial remarks, but all TJ said was that he doesn't listen to that stuff because half the time people don't really know what is going on with a team or a player.
    He stuck up for his teammates, and even defended players on other teams.
    Seems like a good teammate to me.
    I think the jury is still out on TJ as a NFL starter, but I hope that he becomes a star just to see some of the people in the media and on this site eat their words.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Thats stupid to call him jackson T-joke, were suppose to be fans of the vikings, we got to go out there and crush the lions!
    Too much talent

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

"PurpleTide" wrote:

You must have thick skin to play QB in the NFL. TJ, it could be worst, you could be playing in New York. Seriously the local media has been really hard on this young guy, and my hat's off to him for having the intestinal fortitude to keep focused, and get better.

On a side note, it's really unbelievable that this game isn't sold out. WTF, this is a division rival, and a pivital game as we head down the stretch to post season. C'mon people support your team, or you just may lose them.
    Yawn, T-Jack doesn't cost us the game and everybody is behind him.

If he turns out to be really good, I will admit I was wrong.

Since I gave him almost 2 years and was right behind him, I have to say if I jumped off the wagon it was for a good reason.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

"PurpleGator" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

You must have thick skin to play QB in the NFL. TJ, it could be worst, you could be playing in New York. Seriously the local media has been really hard on this young guy, and my hat's off to him for having the intestinal fortitude to keep focused, and get better.

On a side note, it's really unbelievable that this game isn't sold out. WTF, this is a division rival, and a pivital game as we head down the stretch to post season. C'mon people support your team, or you just may lose them.

Since I gave him almost 2 years and was right behind him, I have to say if I jumped off the wagon it was for a good reason.

Almost 2 years?
    How many games did he start last year?
    How many games has he started this year?
    If you add them up they do not make even one season's worth of games.
    From what I have seen his decision making and comfort level seem to be imroving every game.
    If he has not improved by week 17 and has not led us to at least an 8-8 record, then we will have reason to "jump off the wagon" and start thinking about a QB repair.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"PurpleGator" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

: Yawn, yet another one who wants an instant superstar QB the minute he steps on the field after spending most of the first year on the bench.

BTW, how are all those first rounder QB's doing that were drafted the same year as T-Jack?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "PurpleGator" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

Almost 2 years?
    From what I have seen his decision making and comfort level seem to be imroving every game.
    If he has not improved by week 17 and has not led us to at least an 8-8 record, then we will have reason to "jump off the wagon" and start thinking about a QB repair.
    I think if he played the whole year and we finished 7-9.
    The same amount of people would say give him a chance.

I think the reason why we haven't won any SB's is because we have given everybody way too many chances.

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

"PurpleGator" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "PurpleGator" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

Almost 2 years?

I think the reason why we haven't won any SB's is because we have given everybody way too many chances.

God your a troll!
    The remarcks are rather amusing

LOL, I'm sure limiting chances would of overcome the combined hall of fame talents of Pittsburgh,
    Miami, and Oakland in the 70's.
    I'm sure less chances would of increased the bodies of our "D" lineman who constantly got blown off the line when playing the Hogs of the Redskin line of the 80's
    I could continue, but you get the point.

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"Mikecarter81" wrote:
    "PurpleGator" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "PurpleGator" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

Almost 2 years?

God your a troll!

LOL, I'm sure limiting chances would of overcome the combined hall of fame talents of Pittsburgh,
    I'm sure less chances would of increased the bodies of our "D" lineman who constantly got blown off the line when playing the Hogs of the Redskin line of the 80's

Mike
    LOL, you're comparing T-Jack to Super Bowl caliber teams.
    What a troll.

"Schutz" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:
    "PurpleGator" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "PurpleGator" wrote:
    [quote author=PurpleTide link=topic=40119.msg681680#msg681680 date=1196341340]

Almost 2 years?

God your a troll!

Mike
    LOL, you're comparing T-Jack to Super Bowl caliber teams.
    What a troll.
    [/quote]

Amen to that!
    ;D

I am not saying that T-Jack is the reason we haven't won SB's.

I am saying that the mentality of giving somebody so many chances all the time.

Lets give somebody a chance but dang are we willing to waiste 3 or 4 years for that?

We gave Tice 4 years as head coach and he led us no where.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast