Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Outside criticism is tiresome to Jackson

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "PurplePowerPunch" wrote:
    Don't worry about those haters T-Jack. Half of those losers never strapped up the pads before, so they can't relate to you, nor football. I'm behind T-Jack 100%
    LMAO.

Having played football has nothing to do with liking or hating T-Jack.
    Even if they have "strapped-up the pads" it would be High School ball most likely which makes this statement even more funny.

Thank goodness I played, I can hate all I want.
    What are you going to do with your recently purchased game-day crotch-sniffing jock of TJacks that you just purchased on ebay?
    It was probably a fake anyway.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Don't worry about those haters T-Jack. Half of those losers never strapped up the pads before, so they can't relate to you, nor football. I'm behind T-Jack 100%
    LMAO.

Having played football has nothing to do with liking or hating T-Jack.
    Even if they have "strapped-up the pads" it would be High School ball most likely which makes this statement even more funny.

Thank goodness I played, I can hate all I want.
    The Hammer a Hater?
    No way........ You are way to mild mannered my friend to be a true hater. ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

It's tiresome to me, too. TJack is doing great.

Troy Aikman has voiced his support for Tarvaris Jackson.

Like Aikman says, you've got to give a young quarterback time to develop.

Remember what happened with Rich Gannon? We all thought he was terrible and the Vikings let him go. Then he goes out, becomes a great quarterback, and wins the league MVP award. We should have kept Gannon.

Tarvaris has the toolkit to succeed. As long as he keeps improving a little bit at a time, that's what we want. He has a great potential, and it's fun watching him develop.

Fans and commentators who don't like that are impatient and need to check themselves.

Go TJack!!!!

Go Vikings!

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Usually most people that get offended in situations like this, there is some truth behind it. What people to stop criticizing you T-Joke? Play better more consistantly and quit whinning in the newspaper. Now all that you have done is prove to all of the peope that criticize you. (Like myself) right.

Why do I criticize? I expect more out of you. Prove me and prove everyone else wrong by your play on the feild in a consistant matter.
    Not by whining about it in a newspaper article. And For the record I did play football, until my knees said otherwise in college.
    And I coached Jr HS and HS football.
    Yes its different and I am sure Ultra agrees but this is where you work with players on some of the basic fundamental skills needed at the positions so that when they get to the college and PRO level. they are able to be successful.

Frostbite is offline Coach

Tuff Titties Cried The Kitties...The Milks Still Good. WAHHHH people are being critical of me!! WAHHHH I make millions of dollars and they want me to perform!! WAHHHH It's tuff being a young QB in the NFL!! WAHHHH How Can I silence the Critics??

How about quit whinning and suck it up and keep making strides in the right direction. The best way to quiet any negativity is with positive results. You are making a lot of progress T.Jack....Keep it up and perform up to the standards you are capable of and most everybody will get on board.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

I think the article says a lot about Tjacks' level of maturity at this point, and perhaps his leadership ability. Whiners rarely make good leaders. Excuses like "they don't know what it's like" don't exactly inspire the troops. Hope he grows up soon.

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

"Garland" wrote:
    Usually most people that get offended in situations like this, there is some truth behind it. What people to stop criticizing you T-Joke? Play better more consistantly and quit whinning in the newspaper. Now all that you have done is prove to all of the peope that criticize you. (Like myself) right.

Why do I criticize? I expect more out of you. Prove me and prove everyone else wrong by your play on the feild in a consistant matter.
    Not by whining about it in a newspaper article. And For the record I did play football, until my knees said otherwise in college.
    And I coached Jr HS and HS football.
    Yes its different and I am sure Ultra agrees but this is where you work with players on some of the basic fundamental skills needed at the positions so that when they get to the college and PRO level. they are able to be successful.
    Please explain to me again why he "owes" you any kind of proof?
    All the kid is saying is he doesn't take any of the critics words to heart.
    I think its the most mentally healthy thing he can do, you just can't please everone, regardless of your abilities.
    Also, for the record I played football too, but thats irrelevant.
    I never needed great physical prowess to learn to be respectful to anyone.
    Garland Greene, I often wonder if you would have the stomach to call him T joke to his face.

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Re: Outside criticism is iresome to Jackson

How do you guys get whining from this?

For one, he is talking about a natural progression from bring a fan (watching ESPN and NFL Network) to becoming a professional player and tuning all that out. I would imagine almost every single professional athlete goes through this.

Second, he is talking about criticism on his team, not just him.

"There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

LMAO, and TJ lovers have?
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Frostbite" wrote:
    Tuff Titties Cried The Kitties...The Milks Still Good. WAHHHH people are being critical of me!! WAHHHH I make millions of dollars and they want me to perform!! WAHHHH It's tuff being a young QB in the NFL!! WAHHHH How Can I silence the Critics??

How about quit whinning and suck it up and keep making strides in the right direction. The best way to quiet any negativity is with positive results. You are making a lot of progress T.Jack....Keep it up and perform up to the standards you are capable of and most everybody will get on board.

Cheers!
    Leave it up to some people to take what he said out of context...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast