Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Outside criticism is tiresome to Jackson

[size=13pt]Vikings: Outside criticism is tiresome to Jackson[/size]

By Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune

Last update: November 28, 2007 – 11:14 PM

Tarvaris Jackson, a lifelong sports fan, admits that until this year he would spend his leisure time watching ESPN and perusing sports publications. But the quarterback's roller-coaster season, which to this point has had more downs than ups, has caused him to change those habits.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Outside criticism is tiresome to Jackson

"Some people don't really understand what is going on," he said. "They are looking from the outside in. I get mad even when they talk about other people, not just me. When they talk about other guys and they don't really understand what is going on within that team or within that play or just different things. ... It just keeps you from being angry [if you ignore it]."
    Preach on TJ, pretty much sums it up for me as well.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

You must have thick skin to play QB in the NFL. TJ, it could be worst, you could be playing in New York. Seriously the local media has been really hard on this young guy, and my hat's off to him for having the intestinal fortitude to keep focused, and get better.

On a side note, it's really unbelievable that this game isn't sold out. WTF, this is a division rival, and a pivital game as we head down the stretch to post season. C'mon people support your team, or you just may lose them.

PurplePowerPunch is offline Pro-Bowler

Don't worry about those haters T-Jack. Half of those losers never strapped up the pads before, so they can't relate to you, nor football. I'm behind T-Jack 100%

ALL DAY!!!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Some people don't really understand what is going on," he said. "They are looking from the outside in. I get mad even when they talk about other people, not just me. When they talk about other guys and they don't really understand what is going on within that team or within that play or just different things. ... It just keeps you from being angry [if you ignore it]."
    I would say the majority of fans use their emotions as the fuel for their thoughts.
    Emotional decisions are rarely, if ever, wise.
    Hopefully TJack keeps his head up and moves forward.
    If successful people, in any profession, would listen to the pessimists they would have accomplished nothing.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I would say the majority of fans use their emotions as the fuel for their thoughts.
    If successful people, in any profession, would listen to the pessimists they would have accomplished nothing.

Thank you, Mr. Spock.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Most guys just get upset when the media hacks ping on them.
    I liked the fact that he gets upset when people talk bad about the team and his teamates.

Maybe, just maybe, there is a bit more team unity being fostered by the coaches (and not just the Chiller) than some want to admit, especially the guys who were toating, as recently as 2 weeks ago, how the coaching staff (and not just the Chiller) was loosing the team.

That crowd is strangely quiet now isn't it.
    :

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Thank you, Mr. Spock.

=Z=

As a young kid we played Star Trek and, for some reason, I was always voted to be Mr. Spock.
    I think my ears are even pointed.
    I've perfected the vulcan death grip.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Thank you, Mr. Spock.

=Z=

As a young kid we played Star Trek and, for some reason, I was always voted to be Mr. Spock.
    I think my ears are even pointed.
    I've perfected the vulcan death grip.
    Note to self.
    Don't piss Prophet off, he might really be able to do this.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"PurplePowerPunch" wrote:
    Don't worry about those haters T-Jack. Half of those losers never strapped up the pads before, so they can't relate to you, nor football. I'm behind T-Jack 100%
    LMAO.

Having played football has nothing to do with liking or hating T-Jack.
    Even if they have "strapped-up the pads" it would be High School ball most likely which makes this statement even more funny.

Thank goodness I played, I can hate all I want.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast