Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Part 2 (See last post for explanation lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    As I have said for years, if you can show me something, anything that shows that we can keep ticket prices the same other than your fantasy world notions and i will relent. Until then your assumptions don't pencil out.
    See above. Outside a college course in economics, I don't know what else I can do.

The market is going to determine ticket prices, not the cost of construction. It is a safe bet to say that the Vikings organization will make every attempt to maximize their revenues given the market, but it just wont be to the level that you seem to think it is. There is no way the Minneapolis market could support it, nor is it necessary.

The prices will go up when demand goes up or when supply goes down. Demand would have to go down significantly for prices to go down. This year, supply went down, so there was a modest price jump. When the new stadium opens, the demand will go up, so there will be another. But again, this is dictated by the market, not by the ownership wanting to recoup construction losses.[/quote]

And you keep missing the boat on the psl's that are going to impact a great number of ticket holders including at least 5 that I know personally who have stated they will not be getting season tickets any longer. Tell them ticket prices aren't going up when they just got the cost of buying the privilege of buying a season ticket.
    How am I missing the boat? I have long been a proponent of PSLs (or more appropriately SBLs). If your 5 friends don't want to be season ticket owners anymore, that is fine. They can purchase single game tickets from the Vikings or on the secondary markets and not have to worry about SBLs, or pre-season tickets for that matter. Or they can wait and buy back into season tickets when the SBLs hit their $125 million maximum. Or they can try to move into one of the 12,000 seats that will have NO SBL. Or into one of the 10,000 seats that will have SBLs prices at $1000 or less. BTW, if your 5 friends said that they just got the cost of buying the privilege of buying season tickets, then they are feeding you a line of shit. Nobody has found out what their SBL price will be in the new stadium yet. We (the season ticket owners) expect that to be coming in the next couple of months at the earliest.

Regardless, the average cost of a single game ticket is NOT affected by SBLs. That affects the season ticket owners exclusively. If you want to incorporate them into the average ticket price, do you average it out over 1 year, 5 years, 30 years? Do you average it out over the lifetime of the season tickets? Or over the number of years that you are allowed to pay them off (you can make interest free payments for 5 years). Do you take into account any resale revenue that the owner gets from them?

I do understand what you are saying - that the ticket price for owners DOES go up, especially in the short term, to help pay for the stadium. The average it will go up is $2500 per seat. You can make interest free payments for up to five years. So let's say that the ticket prices for owners will go up an average of $500 per seat for those five years, or $50 per game. This is poor math, because it oversimplifies the idea that ticket prices don't remain stable over time, nor does it take into account any value obtained from the SBL (something that I actually do not think is a solvent asset because the price fluctuates too dramatically). But at the fear getting too complex with economics in a fan forum, I can concede this. If that is the case then, we should factor in PSL and SBL prices for the teams whose ticket prices are compared against though. With the addition of the Vikings, 16 out of 32 teams use PSLs in some form or another, including the Cowboys, Bears, Jets and Giants. If you factor in PSL/SBL prices for all of the teams into the average ticket price, the Vikings are once again in the middle (well, slightly above the middle).

In the end it doesn't mean jack shit to me what the market will bear. What matters is what the stadium costs to build, what it costs to operate and how many butts it can hold. The rest is just simple math and your math does not pencil out.
    Well, what the market will bear should mean something to you. If market restrictions meant nothing, I would just build a 100,000 seat stadium and charge $300 per seat. I would make more money than I would know what to do with. But because I live in the real world, I know that doesn't work. The fact is that it ISN'T simple math. Modern microeconomic theory is very complex math. But since you seem to be stuck in the simple, I will try (once again) to dumb it down:

1) The average ticket price for single game prices will go as supply goes down and/or demand goes up. The two main events for this will be:
    a) Moving into TCF Bank Stadium (supply goes down)
    b) Moving into the new stadium (supply goes up, but demand also goes up)
    2) The average ticket price will probably never see an adjustment down, even if supply goes up and demand goes down.
    3) The average ticket price will stay relatively in the middle of the pack among NFL teams. It will not jump over or anywhere near the mythical $100 per ticket price (didn't you once say $150 per ticket - I still laugh at that one.)

And now let's revisit this gem:
    You have a great affinity for changing the subject or darting the questions when you get backed into a corner and this is no different.
    I take a bit of offense to this, because as far as I can tell, I have never changed the subject, or darted any questions. Please tell me what question you think I am avoiding, and I will be more than happy to spell it out for you as clearly as possible and as on topic as possible. Or I guess you can do what you usually do, which is ignore this post, and a few weeks later jump in with another comment about how "We have been told all along that the prices of tickets isn't going to go up." Who has been telling you this BTW? Was it your 5 mythical season ticket owner friends again? Maybe you should pick your sources better.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

smegmavike is offline Coach
    Could you repost that on twitter, please ?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Could you repost that on twitter, please ?
    lol.

OK

Part 1 of 75...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123