Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Outdoor seating will cost you more

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Looks like they found away to make up some of that lost revenue due to TCF seating 13,300 less fans than the Metrodome.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    People are actually going to pay to sit outside and be cold in December. Blows my mind.

Anything under 30 degrees, someone would have to pay me to go
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Someone would have to pay me to go sit in 70 degree weather to watch that team unless it gets much better.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    I thought the Wilf's were smart business men? This sounds pretty stupid on their part. Not exactly the right time to be asking fans to spend more money to watch this product.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    They have a Apartment complex in NJ they 'd like you to invest in..OH WAIT, they tried that route already!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    I noticed the article points to how much they increased overall from last year but failing to mention that last year was only for 9 games. The cost for my tickets went up 12% or $4 per game, $40 for the entire season.

Not really a deal breaker and TCF is a much better venue. I'll wear warm clothes in the colder months and be just fine. We're not the only winter weather outdoor team. I'm not going to say I'm upset that we won't always be playing outdoors in winter, but two seasons will be a fun novelty.

The previous game at TCF in the cold blizzard remains one of my favorite Viking games ever despite the ass kicking we received.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    well, Id like to see them to play outdoors full-time also, but then again, I don't live anywhere near Minnesota.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Looks like they found away to make up some of that lost revenue due to TCF seating 13,300 less fans than the Metrodome.
    Not really. These are revenue sharing seats. There wasn't much revenue lost per team by going down 13k seats, and likewise raising ticket prices 10-12% wont raise much revenue per team either.

It is really a supply and demand issue. The supply went down, so ticket prices are adjusted to account. When the new stadium opens, demand will go up and supply will also go back up. The prices will be adjusted again, probably around the same amount.

All in all not a bad business decision by the Wilfs.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Not really. These are revenue sharing seats. There wasn't much revenue lost per team by going down 13k seats, and likewise raising ticket prices 10-12% wont raise much revenue per team either.

It is really a supply and demand issue. The supply went down, so ticket prices are adjusted to account. When the new stadium opens, demand will go up and supply will also go back up. The prices will be adjusted again, probably around the same amount.

All in all not a bad business decision by the Wilfs.
    I disagree that it was supply and demand. Pretty much TCF accommodates the current season ticket holders, which the Vikings were going to do anyway. I think it's more of the Vikings wanting to maximize ticket revenue on the fewer seats, combined with "breaking us in" on the even further price increases we are likely to see once the new stadium opens.

I think the Vikings have a pretty good handle/feel for how much season ticket holders will be willing to pay, before people say to hell with it. In that case, you are talking about some pretty firm demand and the supply just happening to meet demand levels
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast