Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Out-coached ??

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Out-coached ??

But Tom Moore designed that whole offense.

But I do agree that Peyton Manning is a big part of that, and you are right. So let's say, it is 50 % Peyton, and 50 % Moore + Dungy. Is that good ? Can we live in peace now ?

... group hug ?
    ;D

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

You guys just don't seem to get it... the point last year was NOT to win games... it was to install a system and get players experience in that system.
    The Vikes did not spend any money in FA prior to last year which should have given fans a clue, last year was a rebuilding year.
    If you read the quotes from Bevell and Childress even this offseason, you'll see things like "they're learning to do things our way, exactly the way we coach it".
    Bevell said that about AA in a recent quote.
    Chilly was trying his damndest to install a system more so then he was trying to win games.
    They were preparing a team for the future.
    I know people hate to lose games and sacrifice seasons for rebuilding, but get over it.
    I do not think Chilly went out of his way to win games last year, I think he stuck to his guns and tried to get his guys to gain experience for the future, the experience he wanted whether it helped them win that particular game or not.
    I said after the end of the season, the spending done in the offseason will tell us what this year is for the Vikes.
    If they didn't spend their money, next year was another rebuilding year, if they opened the wallets it was because they thought they could win.
    The Vikes have tipped their hands, I believe you'll see a different coaching scheme as well.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

If Chilly is truly not playing to win, then get rid of him.
    I don't want any coach that is not 100% devoted to winning.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Good Lord, Now we are giving credit to fucking Tom Moore?

If you have been a vikings fan long enough you would know that tom Moore took over for the Infamous Bob Schnelker in Jerry Burn's Tenure and was the OC during the hugely successful Herschel Walker era.

You remember the Herschel Walker era don't you?
    Good grief ;D

Blog Entries

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    You guys just don't seem to get it... the point last year was NOT to win games... it was to install a system and get players experience in that system.
    The Vikes did not spend any money in FA prior to last year which should have given fans a clue, last year was a rebuilding year.
    If you read the quotes from Bevell and Childress even this offseason, you'll see things like "they're learning to do things our way, exactly the way we coach it".
    Chilly was trying his damndest to install a system more so then he was trying to win games.
    I know people hate to lose games and sacrifice seasons for rebuilding, but get over it.
    I do not think Chilly went out of his way to win games last year, I think he stuck to his guns and tried to get his guys to gain experience for the future, the experience he wanted whether it helped them win that particular game or not.
    I said after the end of the season, the spending done in the offseason will tell us what this year is for the Vikes.
    If they didn't spend their money, next year was another rebuilding year, if they opened the wallets it was because they thought they could win.
    The Vikes have tipped their hands, I believe you'll see a different coaching scheme as well.

How long will it take to install this one?

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    I think your right when you say that we were sort of "installing" things, getting the younger guys and newbs to the system some experience. I think winning games is always a goal and what we set out to accomplish. Winning games has to be a factor. I was under the impression we didn't have an explosive offseason because the Free Agents didn't fit what "We Do". This past year was quite different, we had ample opportunity and jumped on it.

Again it makes sense that we were rebuilding and gaining experience but as far as winning games goes it was always the objective. I don't expect to see a scheme change anytime soon but I hope for a more consistent one with more options.

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

I actually agree. If you look at Childress's decisions, it was not about winning in 2007, it was about "building for the future".

I understand this. At the same time, in the modern NFL, this is dangerous. The window for head coaches is getting narrower and narrower.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    If Chilly is truly not playing to win, then get rid of him.
    I don't want any coach that is not 100% devoted to winning.
    You only read what you want.
    Read the post again, then you can type again.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    ...Now we are...fucking Tom Moore?...
    I sure hope not.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Blog Entries

"Prophet" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    ...Now we are...fucking Tom Moore?...
    I sure hope so. He's hot.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast