Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: This is OUR year!

"Prophet" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    I've said it in plenty on this site... we're beating the Colts in the Super Bowl this season.
    [img width=450 height=368]http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Rob/reality.jpg[/img]
    http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Rob/reality.jpg
    Yes... very real
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    I've said it in plenty on this site... we're beating the Colts in the Super Bowl this season.
    [img width=450 height=368]http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Rob/reality.jpg[/img]
    http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Rob/reality.jpg
    Yes... very real
    I would enjoy it more if they beat the Patriots.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I just want to beat the packers. Win week 1 and everything else will fall into place. Lose and it could be a very long season.

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    I just want to beat the packers. Win week 1 and everything else will fall into place. Lose and it could be a very long season.
    You really think one game in a 16 game season is that crucial?
    If they get beat 100-0 it would be painful, but the season wouldn't even be close to over.
    I seem to recall the Vikings pounding on the Jints last season like they were a peewee team, then they ended up winning the SB.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    I don't know about that Game, but even if we lose... It's a long season anyways, things can turn around... come on, we're Vikings fans, one of two things are going to happen.

1.) We start off 7-2 with many people choosing us to go to the SB... then we finish 8-8, missing the playoffs.

2.) We start 2-7 with everyone making fun of us... then we finish 9-7 and barely squeeze into the playoffs...

I mean, I know we are beating the Colts in the Super Bowl this year... but the two scenarios above are what the past 10 years have taught me.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Prophet" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    If they get beat 100-0 it would be painful, but the season wouldn't even be close to over.
    I seem to recall the Vikings pounding on the Jints last season like they were a peewee team, then they ended up winning the SB.
    It is very very crucial. Yeah there are 15 other games but the first one sets the tone. If they can go into Lamblow and get a win it will give the team a lot of confidence and a winning attitude.
    Not saying it would be impossible to lose and still win a superbowl or win and not make the playoffs but it, for me atleast, will define early on what type of team we have. If they win I would put money on them winning the division. If they lose I think GreenBay will likely win the division.
    JMHO.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

"C" wrote:

I mean, I know we are beating the Colts in the Super Bowl this year...
    Any clue about our opp. in the NFC playoffs too?
    El underdog.

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    It is very very crucial. Yeah there are 15 other games but the first one sets the tone. If they can go into Lamblow and get a win it will give the team a lot of confidence and a winning attitude.

Not saying it would be impossible to lose and still win a superbowl or win and not make the playoffs but it, for me atleast, will define early on what type of team we have. If they win I would put money on them winning the division. If they lose I think GreenBay will likely win the division.
    JMHO.
    Based on my years as a fan all the teams are in a flux at the beginning of the year because it is rare, especially these days, to have the same team that was on the field as last year.
    It takes time for teams to gell in real game-time situations.
    Aaron Rodgers will be struggling and will probably come into a groove around midseason and hundreds of other variables play out.
    There is no way the first game of the season matters that much.
    Ask Meathead, didn't he start out 6-0 and not make the playoffs?
    Didn't the Jints look like shit depending on the week last year?
    All that matters is that they stay in the playoff hunt and have it together toward the end of the season and go into the playoffs as a unit and ready to pound the opponents into oblivion.
    Sure, it would be fun to see them win, or better yet, blow out the Packers in the opener....but, it has little to no bearing on how the season will play out.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

The only significance of the first game is to the fans and fans alone.

Win and the Vikings fans will be able to talk shit to the PUKER fans.

Lose and the Puker Fans will be ablt to talk shit to the Vikings fans.

Nothing more, nothing less. Its a 16 game season and all of them are important to the team but a loss in week one doesn't mean squat to them.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:

Win and the Vikings fans will be able to talk shit to the PUKER fans.

Add to that the shit-face of Farve in his day,priceless.
    El underdog.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast