Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Our Starting QB is Injury Prone

I want badly to believe that we did the right thing on selecting this guy 12th overall I just have serious concerns on his ability to hold up. Look at his injuries in 3 consecutive years.

Junior year - Throwing Shoulder injury
    Senior year - Elbow injuries
    Rookie season - 3 different serious injuries including Hip, Concussion and Hip again.

I just don't know if this guy is capable of being the guy for 8 years or more.
    Because of this I really want us to swallow our pride, take the media firestorm and draft Robert Griffin.
    Capable of sub 4.4 speed, Rocket for an arm and compact throwing motion (except when deep), he is the best QB we will have a shot at for years. He is super intelligent, can read defenses and is very careful with the ball. Simply put he should be the #1 pick ahead of Luck but that bandwagon is out of control. Picture Vick, minus the off field drama, with the brain of an Oxford graduate, and the passing poise of Montana. This pick at #3 will define this franchise for another decade and we will be kicking ourselves if we mess this up. In a league driven by the passing game, why we seem to be ok with "good enough" as opposed to an excellent Qb, is beyond me. Other needs be damned, this kid was on team devoid of talent minus a 1st round WR and he lead them to a bowl game and bowl victory. Draft Griffin and trade Ponder for a 2nd or 3rd to the Bills, Skins, Cards, and or Browns.

I don't care what system you play in 4000+ yards throwing, 37tds and 6 ints, while completing 72% of his passes is obscene.

Baylor's Robert Griffin III: 2011 Heisman Trophy Winner & Most Exciting Player in the Country! - YouTube

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Comeon my friend. The kid is tough. Learning how to take a beating is all part of the learning process that young QB's go through.

Besides, its more important that we talk about things like his 3rd down passing efficiency, especially when he had crap, other than Percy to throw to.

Get on board, this staff is going to grow a QB on the field. Like it or not, that will have its ups and downs, but in the end, we will have a QB that can win games for us.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    I agree Kevon, I like Ponder, but not at the 12th overall pick. You won't see them go for RG3 though. Like I said, Ponder was a reach at number 12 and anyone who says that the Vikings got the guy they really wanted can look at Andy Dalton, the 35th overall pick in the same draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Comeon my friend. The kid is tough. Learning how to take a beating is all part of the learning process that young QB's go through.

Besides, its more important that we talk about things like his 3rd down passing efficiency, especially when he had crap, other than Percy to throw to.

Get on board, this staff is going to grow a QB on the field. Like it or not, that will have its ups and downs, but in the end, we will have a QB that can win games for us.
    Marr,
    I don't think he has "it". I simply get the career backup feeling of dread from him. He lacks the arm strength to throw the 15 yard out, 18 yard comeback, and almost anything on the wide side of the field. His arm is adequate at best. You can't be groomed to win if you can't stay on the field. He isn't learning to take a beating, he i getting knocked out of games. I will like to point out that all the grooming in the world made Sanchez an average QB. When a guy doesn't have "it", you are wasting your time.

The possible combanation of Harvin, Peterson and Robert Griffen III, has me drooling. When you start doing your research, I think you will change your tune. What I saw from this guy is it. He does everything you want from a leader at the QB position.

Quote Originally Posted by ConnecticutViking View Post
    I agree Kevon, I like Ponder, but not at the 12th overall pick. You won't see them go for RG3 though. Like I said, Ponder was a reach at number 12 and anyone who says that the Vikings got the guy they really wanted can look at Andy Dalton, the 35th overall pick in the same draft.
    I don't care about the reach. The issues is, he isn't the guy. Reach and get your player. We reached and got a back up.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    I would have no problem with them drafting RGIII if he is the BPA. I think he would be an upgrade to Ponder. We are in a QB league where more often than not the best QB wins.
    The problem I see is that he very well might be gone by the third pick.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Honestly, we could use any of the top 4 projected players. Obviously Luck is off the board, but I agree that if the opportunity presents itself, we upgrade our QB position as I am not overly impressed with Ponder either. While I see him as an upgrade over Jackson, I don't see him as the answer.

However, nothing would surprise me less than to have our FO trade DOWN, and grab a player whose name we won't even remember in 4 years. Then squander the extra picks on other pedestrian players who will guarantee us another draft slot in the top 10 next year.

I would love to be optimistic here, but with the state of our Power structure (Wilf with his family and their fingers in), our Coaching situation (Frazier without a clear direction, lack of cohesive plan, and an empty-shirt GM) and our player situation (No receivers other than Harvin, Peterson hurt, No O-line, crap secondary, Ponder not what we'd hoped for), I'm actually sort of dreading our next series of moves. I think that we have failed to address our fundamental errors, and everything after that has been a poorly placed band-aid attempting to cover up that glaring deficiency.

Caine

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Honestly, we could use any of the top 4 projected players. Obviously Luck is off the board, but I agree that if the opportunity presents itself, we upgrade our QB position as I am not overly impressed with Ponder either. While I see him as an upgrade over Jackson, I don't see him as the answer.

However, nothing would surprise me less than to have our FO trade DOWN, and grab a player whose name we won't even remember in 4 years. Then squander the extra picks on other pedestrian players who will guarantee us another draft slot in the top 10 next year.

I would love to be optimistic here, but with the state of our Power structure (Wilf with his family and their fingers in), our Coaching situation (Frazier without a clear direction, lack of cohesive plan, and an empty-shirt GM) and our player situation (No receivers other than Harvin, Peterson hurt, No O-line, crap secondary, Ponder not what we'd hoped for), I'm actually sort of dreading our next series of moves. I think that we have failed to address our fundamental errors, and everything after that has been a poorly placed band-aid attempting to cover up that glaring deficiency.

Caine
    I think we will get the 1st rounder correct. However, we traded down several times in past drafts and did not get the correct amount of picks for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    I would have no problem with them drafting RGIII if he is the BPA. I think he would be an upgrade to Ponder. We are in a QB league where more often than not the best QB wins.
    The problem I see is that he very well might be gone by the third pick.
    He may turn out to be the man but I don't expect him to. At best matt Hasselbeck

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Anyone playing behind our offensive line would be injury prone. Brett Favre was known as an ironman before he landed behind our joke of a line. Then we went and cut McKinnie and made it even worse.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast